Author Topic: Mattis denounces Trump in blistering statement on protests  (Read 6310 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Mattis denounces Trump in blistering statement on protests
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2020, 07:17:06 pm »
Lindsey was okay. But, if you let the video run past that interview, wait for the next vid, you’ll see Sen.Cruz on the Judiciary Committee review of the FBI Russia investigation grilling Rod Rosenstein. Cruz was awesome. It was good seeing that weasel Rosenstein squirming under tough questioning.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2020, 07:22:04 pm »
We are living in a perpetual double standard world now.  All I am saying is that if you are white and well off, you have a target on your back  for the rest of your life.

I think the popular "knockout game" showed this is now purely about race; class or wealth no longer matter.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2020, 07:27:49 pm »
I think the popular "knockout game" showed this is now purely about race; class or wealth no longer matter.

Maybe on the street.  I am thinking along lines of laws, and statutes.  It's all now going to be about SJW themes and wealth re-distribution. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2020, 07:36:09 pm »
IMO, General Mattis is auditioning for the VP slot on the Democrat ticket.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2020, 07:39:45 pm »
General Mattis is reacting to using US Military on US citizens.  It was our military that sent the protestors running away so Trump could walk across the street for his photo op.  Trump has kept those hundreds of US Military in Washington; they did not go back to their base.  There were 8-10 troop carriers carrying these soldiers to the White House area yesterday.  I head/saw they are still there today.

Please think before you post.

U.S. Park Police are not the "US Military on US citizens".  Neither are Arlington's or Alexandria's police departments "military".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2020, 07:52:27 pm »

Wow, reading your post just now brought back a memory I hadn’t thought about in decades.

1975, just married, on a cross country bus trip so my family could meet my bride.

At one point a rather large black dude’s voice got louder and louder from the front of the bus. He was cursing and demeaning someone in the seat next to him, hurling racial epithets and threats on this poor very old white guy next to him because apparently this gent’s arm touched his. He just keep going on and on about it, way out of proportion to the crime. It was a humiliating moment.

No one including the bus driver sought to intervene. Everyone in that bus was afraid to, including me. That guy had a lot of pent up hostility towards whites that he let loose on this poor guy.

Knock out game wasn’t invented yet, I guess.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2020, 07:56:30 pm »
t
@Hoodat

Well,the 101st went to Alabama in the early 60's for the school desegregation party,and either they or the 82nd went to Detroit and Chicago in the late 60's,and the 82nd went to  DC during the 68 election.

I am sure there were others,but I can't remember them now.

I stand corrected.  Thanks for the info, @sneakypete .

1st Armored and 5th Infantry in Chicago in 1968.  But since Johnson was the one who did it, that made it all legal and Constitutional.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2020, 08:13:26 pm »
General Mattis is reacting to using US Military on US citizens.  I

What about in 1992 when GHWBush used the military in Los Angeles, for the Rodney King verdict rioots?

The situation in the Los Angeles area was only resolved and ended after the California Army National Guard, the United States military,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

And military WAS USED in 1967 DETROIT RIOTS

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 08:23:12 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2020, 09:19:07 pm »
What about in 1992 when GHWBush used the military in Los Angeles, for the Rodney King verdict rioots?

The situation in the Los Angeles area was only resolved and ended after the California Army National Guard, the United States military,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

You are correct.  1st Marine Division and 7th Infantry Division (Light)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2020, 01:55:32 am »
Quiet, you. You’re supposed suppress your support for our president. No defense necessary lest you be thought a mindless sycophant.

Just a small correction, though. It’s 24/7/365 x 4. Just to be accurate about the length and breadth of the coordinated attacks on our republican president.

He isn't a Republican he's a populist president.  He hijacked the party.  Trumps the Trojan Horse destroying the party from within.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2020, 02:02:51 am »
He isn't a Republican he's a populist president.  He hijacked the party.  Trumps the Trojan Horse destroying the party from within.

:silly: :silly: :silly:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2020, 02:06:43 am »

Pretty much echo my thinking back in '16.  But this isn't 2016 anymore.

Now fastforward to 2020.  Any change in ticket is certain doom, as it admits failure.  I understand your dislike of Trump.  I don't like him either.  But please explain what is the solution, or what should we do?  Let Biden win?  Just wondering.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2020, 02:28:10 am »

Now fastforward to 2020.  Any change in ticket is certain doom, as it admits failure.  I understand your dislike of Trump.  I don't like him either.  But please explain what is the solution, or what should we do?  Let Biden win?  Just wondering.....

Pence would likely do better in the general but who really knows. I've not seen him act like a child when someone disses him which would be a serious improvement. I'm not really a fan though. There's still 5 months for practically anything to happen prior the election. Trump would probably get my vote if Barr was kicking ass and bringing serious charges for all the crap that went on under Obama/Clinton. So far he isn't and he's about out of time.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2020, 02:33:39 am »
Pence would likely do better in the general but who really knows. I've not seen him act like a child when someone disses him which would be a serious improvement. I'm not really a fan though. There's still 5 months for practically anything to happen prior the election. Trump would probably get my vote if Barr was kicking ass and bringing serious charges for all the crap that went on under Obama/Clinton. So far he isn't and he's about out of time.

Good points, but I am still afraid a ticket change might be construed as party failure, and the dims will exploit accordingly.  OTOH, had this change taken place late last year, or even early this year, it may have been another matter.  I see it as Trump's our horse, and we have to go into battle him.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2020, 02:45:44 am »
Please think before you post.

U.S. Park Police are not the "US Military on US citizens".  Neither are Arlington's or Alexandria's police departments "military".

Some people think Trump lies and Barr covers for him.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,404216.msg2224739.html#msg2224739

They said they didn't use tear gas either.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/dc/tear-gas-washington-dc-protests-st-johns-church/65-7e9a67c7-e40b-47a2-8060-3f7d908139dd

Offline DB

« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2020, 03:26:41 am »
Good points, but I am still afraid a ticket change might be construed as party failure, and the dims will exploit accordingly.  OTOH, had this change taken place late last year, or even early this year, it may have been another matter.  I see it as Trump's our horse, and we have to go into battle him.

It is pretty unlikely Biden will there on election day.

Offline dancer

« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2020, 05:30:56 am »
@Chosen Daughter

One of the news people said the Bible was upside down when he stopped moving it for the picture.
No, it wasn't upside down.  The bookmark was on the bottom, as is the case with my Bible.  This is just more infantile nonsense on the part of MSM.

Offline dancer

« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2020, 05:43:01 am »
Oh yes, just because I don't go along with Trump and his faker Christianity.
Does, "judge not lest ye be judged..." ring a bell?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 05:59:43 am by dancer »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2020, 10:00:38 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5FvBtu3gB4
Go for it Washington has burned three times, now. Once by the British in the War of 1812.

Again in the 1960s by Communists masquerading as people protesting. They made quite a mess.

2020, you want it to burn again? Again by communists masquerading as protesters? (and their useful idiots).

In the 1960s a study was done on how much force was needed to stop riots like the one that left 14th street devastated. Yep, a callout of the National Guard was discussed in the report. You either stop this crap or you can have weeks of it. Trump chose not to pander, but to stop it. THis time, no one filled a stadium, no one was killed.
Start fires on my front lawn, and the bullets won't be rubber.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2020, 11:36:22 am »

Now fastforward to 2020.  Any change in ticket is certain doom, as it admits failure. I understand your dislike of Trump.  I don't like him either. But please explain what is the solution, or what should we do?  Let Biden win?  Just wondering.....

@catfish1957

I never did get that "I don't like him!" crap. What is this,Jr High school,where petty little jealousies and people's own personal insecurities matter more than what is not only best for the country,but in THIS situation,more important than the SURVIVAL of the nation?

Make no mistake about it. If the Dims take over the WH this election cycle,America is over. We will become even more of a tentacle of the global borg,and by 2004,so interconnected there will never be any turning back.

ALL HAIL THE CREATION OF THE NORTH AMERICAN ECONOMIC ZONE,AND PRAISE OUR MASTERS,THE UN!

Those who can't accept this,turn yourselves in to the re-education camp nearest you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2020, 12:23:04 pm »

How are the rioters any different than the cops that "killed" Floyd?

That's something we can debate.  But one thing's for certain.   The cop is being brought to justice.    The perps who have shattered the windows and dreams of thousands will not. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2020, 12:26:53 pm »
@Jazzhead

Thanks for your post.  It is the truth.

Thanks for the support, @Victoria33 .   I appreciate it. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2020, 12:33:58 pm »
@catfish1957

I never did get that "I don't like him!" crap. What is this,Jr High school,where petty little jealousies and people's own personal insecurities matter more than what is not only best for the country,but in THIS situation,more important than the SURVIVAL of the nation?

@sneakypete

Pfffffff!!!!!   How about "Serious Dislike", and uhhh...  personal insecurities?  Lol..that's my problem.   :silly:   You're pretty funny sometimes big guy!!!!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2020, 12:39:07 pm »
That's something we can debate.  But one thing's for certain.   The cop is being brought to justice.    The perps who have shattered the windows and dreams of thousands will not.
@Jazzhead
Life is all about choices, the cops made a bad choice, but floyd choice to escalate his situation and fight where there was no fight, just as the rioters, not protestors, have made a choice to break the law and escalate the situation.  Every choice has consequences.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2020, 12:40:40 pm »
@catfish1957

Make no mistake about it. If the Dims take over the WH this election cycle,America is over. We will become even more of a tentacle of the global borg,and by 2004,so interconnected there will never be any turning back.

ALL HAIL THE CREATION OF THE NORTH AMERICAN ECONOMIC ZONE,AND PRAISE OUR MASTERS,THE UN!

Those who can't accept this,turn yourselves in to the re-education camp nearest you.

Precisely. Our history is replete with examples of presidents who were not universally loved by the electorate. Yet, history records they did the right thing for the country. That’s what’s important. And what’s more important than the survival of America?