Author Topic: NFL Quarterback Drew Brees Speaks Out Against Players Kneeling During The National Anthem  (Read 1105 times)

Offline mountaineer

Oooh, he'll draw the ire of ESPN now!
NFL Quarterback Drew Brees Speaks Out Against Players Kneeling During The National Anthem
 June 3, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

In a recent interview with Yahoo Finance, NFL star quarterback Drew Brees shared his thoughts about “players kneeling again when the NFL season starts.”
Yahoo Finance  @YahooFinance
4h
Highlight: @readdanwrite
 asks @drewbrees
 what the star NFL quarterback thinks about "players kneeling again when the NFL season starts."

@drewbrees
: “I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country.”
In his initial comment, Brees clearly stated his position on the issue.

“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country,” Brees said.

Brees continued his sentiments by explaining that his family’s military history heavily contributes to his feelings about the subject. 

“I envision my two grandfathers, who fought for the country during World War II, one in the Army, one in the Marine Corp, both risking their lives to protect our country and trying to make our country and our world a better place,” he said.  ...

Although some people praised Brees’s comments, others said they were disappointed in his response. Dov Kleiman, an independent reporter that covers NFL news, retweeted the interview commenting “Drew Brees is still in this mindset? unfreaking believable.” ...
More at The Federalist

"Still in this mindset"? What an idiot.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Boo hoo.
Drew Brees’ kneeling rebuke angers Saints star Michael Thomas
By Mollie Walker
June 3, 2020 | 3:38pm

When asked about the possibility of his fellow NFL players taking a knee in protest of police brutality during the 2020 season, Saints quarterback Drew Brees said he “will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country.” ...

Saints receiver Michael Thomas seemingly responded to Brees’ comments Wednesday.

“He don’t know no better,” Thomas, 27, wrote on Twitter. “We don’t care if you don’t agree and whoever else how about that.”  ...
Well, when you put it that grammatically and intelligently ...

Story at NY Post

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Been a Saints fan since their opening kickoff in 1967. 

And Brees has for many years been my all time favorite NFL player.  Seeing the onslaught on Twitter from the SJW pukes makes me ill.

God bless this man,  his honor, his patriotism, and support for his communites. He's really one of the good guys.

I don't think I can stand much more of this shit. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 08:03:52 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He takes a knee

Drew Brees Apologizes for ‘Insensitive’ Comments About Anthem Protests
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/06/04/drew-brees-apologizes-for-insensitive-comments-about-anthem-protests/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 07:04:25 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He takes a knee

Drew Brees Apologizes for ‘Insensitive’ Comments About Anthem Protests
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/06/04/drew-brees-apologizes-for-insensitive-comments-about-anthem-protests/

He caved...  Had too.  If he hadn't he'd had a price on his head from some opposng DL or LB.  Or even worse an intentionally missing blocking assignment from one of his own OL. 

Like baseball, I am pretty much have been through with any and all professional sports.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Not 1/100,000 the outrage when the Ravens' Ray Lewis actually killed someone. In fact, I don't believe any NFL player said anything negative about that.

But OMG!!!! Drew Brees said he respects the flag.

Offline Applewood

He caved...  Had too.  If he hadn't he'd had a price on his head from some opposng DL or LB.  Or even worse an intentionally missing blocking assignment from one of his own OL. 

Like baseball, I am pretty much have been through with any and all professional sports.

Also, the NFL is now "woke" and such behavior is frowned upon.  Remember when Alejandro Villanueva of the Steelers came out of the locker room to respect the flag when the rest of his team stayed in the locker room?  He too was later forced to apologize.  I would have told them to stuff their apology, but then who knows what the team and the league would have done to him if he hadn't apologized? 

Like you, I really don't care if or when professional sports return.  Not only are most of the players overpaid and underworked -- now they are unAmerican. 

Offline mountaineer

Remember when Alejandro Villanueva of the Steelers came out of the locker room to respect the flag when the rest of his team stayed in the locker room?  He too was later forced to apologize.
Making a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy and war veteran apologize, in this case, was beyond ludicrous.

I'm officially done with the NFL and the NBA. Whenever they resume playing their games in the post-Covid19 era, I won't give a rat's rear end.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I miss the XFL.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Making a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy and war veteran apologize, in this case, was beyond ludicrous.

I'm officially done with the NFL and the NBA. Whenever they resume playing their games in the post-Covid19 era, I won't give a rat's rear end.

They can't lose me, I haven't watched either in years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

Drew Brees has NO BACKBONE....wimp.....

Offline skeeter

Its MLB only for me. Until the inevitable happens and they get Woke as well.

The Giants are perilously close to that, as it is.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Same here. And I've about had enough of professional baseball as well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

I miss the XFL.

I actually had hopes the XFL would work out.  But I tried to watch one game and had to turn it off.  Seemed to me there was more BS from the announcers and a lot of flash and show than there was actual football being played.  Should have known it would be just another McMahon enterprise like the WWE. 

Offline Applewood

Well I quit watching the Steelers after that incident and the humiliation of Mr. Villanueva.  It's amazing the things you can find to do in lieu of watching sports.  Sports are not as essential to living these franchises think they are. 

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Also, the NFL is now "woke" and such behavior is frowned upon.  Remember when Alejandro Villanueva of the Steelers came out of the locker room to respect the flag when the rest of his team stayed in the locker room?  He too was later forced to apologize.  I would have told them to stuff their apology, but then who knows what the team and the league would have done to him if he hadn't apologized? 

Like you, I really don't care if or when professional sports return.  Not only are most of the players overpaid and underworked -- now they are unAmerican.

A bunch of monkeys carrying a ball around a field. Yippee. I always sports was BS... I'll probably watch the Patriots anyhow.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I actually had hopes the XFL would work out.  But I tried to watch one game and had to turn it off.  Seemed to me there was more BS from the announcers and a lot of flash and show than there was actual football being played.  Should have known it would be just another McMahon enterprise like the WWE.
Well, McMahon's selling it, and it's not dead yet. Apparently there are quite a few investors, among them the TV partners, who saw enough they liked and want to buy it. The sale is this August.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Drew Brees responds to Trump: 'We must stop talking about the flag' and focus on 'real issues'
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/501458-drew-brees-responds-to-trump-we-cant-use-flag-to-turn-people-away-or
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Drew Brees responds to Trump: 'We must stop talking about the flag' and focus on 'real issues'
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/501458-drew-brees-responds-to-trump-we-cant-use-flag-to-turn-people-away-or

I'm sorry, did I hear a little voice somewhere complaining?  What's a "Brees?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

Well, McMahon's selling it, and it's not dead yet. Apparently there are quite a few investors, among them the TV partners, who saw enough they liked and want to buy it. The sale is this August.

Thank you for the information.  Should be interesting if the sale goes through.  Now if someone does buy the league, I sure hope there will be actual football played. 

Offline Applewood

I guess Brees was forced to drink the Kool-Aid.  Or he had his nuts sawed off.  Dang shame.

Offline skeeter