Author Topic: Democratic Rep. Eliot Engel Caught on Hot Mic Amid Unrest: ‘If I Didn’t Have a Primary, I Wouldn’t  (Read 242 times)

rangerrebew

Democratic Rep. Eliot Engel Caught on Hot Mic Amid Unrest: ‘If I Didn’t Have a Primary, I Wouldn’t Care’

It comes as the New York congressman has faced his toughest primary since being elected Congress in 1988
Published June 2, 2020   â€¢ Updated on June 3, 2020 at 12:20 am   
0:22/ 0:42

Rep. Eliot Engel, a New York Democrat facing a tough primary challenge and questions about his absence from his district, was caught on a hot mic at a district event responding to unrest saying twice that he only wanted press coverage because of an electoral threat.

"If I didn’t have a primary, I wouldn’t care," Engel said to Ruben Diaz Jr., the Bronx borough president, at a Tuesday press conference responding to unrest and vandalism in his district related to the recent death of George Floyd.

Diaz worried about having too many elected officials speak, but Engel pleaded with him for coverage.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/democratic-rep-eliot-engel-caught-on-hot-mic-amid-unrest-if-i-didnt-have-a-primary-i-wouldnt-care/2417496/?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand&fbclid=IwAR2eSAWlX4eZYUy53_ywNhwItshLfW24PhHCLtf_uJo8-OZcyk3EFVwd17Q

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
(busted)

And the truth be known, would probably apply to 99% of the other dim hyprocits too. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.