Author Topic: Trump threatens to get involved in NYC unrest  (Read 1014 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump threatens to get involved in NYC unrest
« on: June 03, 2020, 03:21:02 pm »
Trump threatens to get involved in NYC unrest
By Brett Samuels - 06/03/20 10:53 AM EDT

President Trump on Wednesday threatened to intervene in New York City if officials did not crackdown on protests that have devolved into looting and vandalism in recent nights.

"If they don’t get their act straightened out I will solve it. I’ll solve it fast," Trump told Brian Kilmeade on Fox News Radio.

The president has in the past 24 hours harangued New York leaders about activating the National Guard to quell demonstrations in New York City. He argued that using guardsmen was an effective tactic at restoring order in Minneapolis and in Washington, D.C., where the president mobilized military personnel on Monday night.

"We had no problem at all last night," Trump said. "Maybe it doesn’t sound good to say it, but you have to have a dominant force. You need law and order."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/500889-trump-threatens-to-get-involved-in-nyc-unrest
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Trump threatens to get involved in NYC unrest
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 10:12:43 pm »
It should be obvious that the NYC municipal government (look who's running it) is going to do next-to-nothing.

If this continues, Mr. Trump should make a call to lil' Andy up in Albany, and give him 24 hours to take care of business down there.

Or else, the U.S. Army will.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 10:37:26 pm »
It should be obvious that the NYC municipal government (look who's running it) is going to do next-to-nothing.

If this continues, Mr. Trump should make a call to lil' Andy up in Albany, and give him 24 hours to take care of business down there.

Or else, the U.S. Army will.

I'd be willing to bet that call has already been made.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 10:53:34 pm »
Some 50 years ago this shady draft dodger ran and hid from conflict during the Vietnam War
but now he's gung-ho to get "involved" in the Civil Unrest.
No surprise, as all he'll do is run off at the mouth while others engage the looters and rioters.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 10:57:06 pm »
Some 50 years ago this shady draft dodger ran and hid from conflict during the Vietnam War
No surprise, as all he'll do is run off at the mouth while others engage the looters and rioters.

Being you must be a difficult thing...having to figure out how to blame the President for some slight or another every GD day has got to be a tough slog. :smokin:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 11:48:18 pm »
Being you must be a difficult thing...having to figure out how to blame the President for some slight or another every GD day has got to be a tough slog. :smokin:
-------------------------------
Liberty, simply calling attention to Trump's behavior since puberty.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 12:11:20 am »
@mystery-ak
@All
@Once-Ler

Some of you want the US Military to control US citizens - that must never happen.  If it does, you may find they have come for you.  In times past, long ago, our Presidents and the Military knew they would fight in other countries to maintain freedom for our country - never turn their might against US citizens. 

Dictators use their military against the citizens.  That is Trump's goal, to own this country and all in it.  The only person in this world he has said nothing bad about, given him no tacky name, is Putin.  Trump is a wannabe Putin to have control over us like Putin has on "his" people.  Trump thinks the military is "his" personal military like other despots have and thinks he can use them against anyone he wants.  At some time in the future, next week, two months from now, next year, sometime, you will know/understand what I have written is true when you see it happen.

I fully believe what I have written above.  I don't hate Trump.  That word "hate", is a fashionable word now, thrown toward someone a person does not like, so the person accuses him/her of being a "hater" who "hates" Trump or anything else the person likes and someone else does not. 

Offline Absalom

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 01:02:43 am »
@mystery-ak
@All
@Once-Ler
Some of you want the US Military to control US citizens.  If it does, you may find they have come for you.  In times past, long ago, our Presidents and the Military knew they would fight in other countries to maintain freedom for our country - never turn their might against US citizens. 
Dictators use their military against the citizens.  That is Trump's goal, to own this country and all in it.  The only person in this world he has said nothing bad about, given him no tacky name, is Putin.  Trump is a wannabe Putin to have control over us like Putin has on "his" people.  Trump thinks the military is "his" personal military like other despots have and thinks he can use them against anyone he wants.  At some time in the future, next week, two months from now, next year, sometime, you will know/understand what I have written is true when you see it happen.
---------------------------
Victoria 33; well articulated and reasoned!!!
It would be refreshing if the Trumpeteers awoke say, once every 2 weeks, and saw Trump
for the fraud and hustler he has been since birth.
Trump wants to use the Military to impose domestic order and he will lead the charge, right?????
Er.............. no, actually he'll be be doing foto-ops wherever the media is w/a Bible in his hand.
And guess who will  bear the brunt if anything goes wrong, which is highly likely indeed.
Er...........................THE MILITARY!!!!!!!!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 01:04:18 am »

What would you suggest he do exactly?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2020, 01:20:34 am »

Has your therapist suggested you invest in a comfort animal?   

Asking for a friend.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 02:28:41 am »
What would you suggest he do exactly?
------------------------------
Contract a lengthy case of Laryngitis!!!

Offline Mod2

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2020, 02:50:10 pm »
 :im waiting:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2020, 02:57:17 pm »
@mystery-ak
@All
@Once-Ler

Some of you want the US Military to control US citizens - that must never happen.  If it does, you may find they have come for you.  In times past, long ago, our Presidents and the Military knew they would fight in other countries to maintain freedom for our country - never turn their might against US citizens. 

I fully believe what I have written above.  I don't hate Trump.  That word "hate", is a fashionable word now, thrown toward someone a person does not like, so the person accuses him/her of being a "hater" who "hates" Trump or anything else the person likes and someone else does not.

You do make some very powerful points.  And there are short and long-term ramifications

However, the citizenry will decide they’ve had enough and the situation can make them supportive of it and if the polls are correct, it’s definitely leaning that way

It’s somewhat similar to the decision to drop the atomic bombs on Japan. There’s debate today whether that was necessary or not. But Truman said at the time that if there was a terrible weapon that could’ve ended the war and he didn’t use it and more American lives were lost, the American people would have crucified him

What’s the reaction of the public going to be to finding out more and more of these mayors told the police to stand down so that the rioters  could have their way on their citizens?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 02:58:37 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 07:00:38 pm »
@mystery-ak
@All
@Once-Ler

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-national-guard-deployments-timeline-htmlstory.html

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2020, 07:14:06 pm »
@mystery-ak
@All
@Once-Ler

@Victoria33, please look up "Insurrection Act" in Wikipedia. When you do, please explain the year that is part of the full title. If Trump invokes it, it will be because mayors and governor kept refusing to do their jobs, not the dictatorial ambitions you fantasized in your post.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 07:25:07 pm »
@Victoria33, please look up "Insurrection Act" in Wikipedia. When you do, please explain the year that is part of the full title. If Trump invokes it, it will be because mayors and governor kept refusing to do their jobs, not the dictatorial ambitions you fantasized in your post.

I believe there were six instances in the last century where the military was used on American soil. Mattis, by the way, is FOS. The guy is apparently holding a grudge against Trump.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 07:29:45 pm »
I believe there were six instances in the last century where the military was used on American soil. Mattis, by the way, is FOS. The guy is apparently holding a grudge against Trump.

@GtHawk's post above links to a Chicago Tribune list of a dozen in the latter half of the 20th Century. Whatever their faults, Eisenhower and the other Presidents who called out the National Guard were not dictators. But Orange Man Bad, so history and facts won't matter.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2020, 07:40:40 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

This has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but I love your kitty pic. Reminds me of a friend's dearly departed cat, Ivan.  He was a Russian Blue supposedly, but he didn't look at all blue -- more like the cat in your avatar. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2020, 07:49:30 pm »
@mystery-ak
@All
@Once-Ler

@Victoria33

i don't like the idea of using the military in these situations either.  But in some cities it's gone from rioting to all-out war.  The powers that be in those cities don't want to let the police or even the National Guard do their jobs, so in those situations, I don't really see an alternative. 

And you will always be tagged a "hater" if you criticize Trump -- just as anyone (including yours truly) was branded a "racist" for criticizing Obama.  It's funny how so much alike both presidents and their supporters are.  But as with the "racist" label during Obama's reign. I have decided it's no use to deny or explain, so when  I get called a Trump hater, I just ignore it.  The way I figure, my accusers have the problem, not me.  As long as free speech exists, I will exercise my rights and if some people don't like it, too bad.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2020, 08:02:27 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

This has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but I love your kitty pic. Reminds me of a friend's dearly departed cat, Ivan.  He was a Russian Blue supposedly, but he didn't look at all blue -- more like the cat in your avatar.

Thank you!  That's our Shadow, she passed away last night, joining her little brother Thunder, who we lost Sunday night.  She's been sick since Christmas with what appears to have been Feline Dementia.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2020, 08:09:45 pm »
Thank you!  That's our Shadow, she passed away last night, joining her little brother Thunder, who we lost Sunday night.  She's been sick since Christmas with what appears to have been Feline Dementia.

Oh I am so sorry.     888cryingkitty

People think I'm nuts (and they're right), but I believe the legend that one day we will be reunited with our furry friends.  i can't imagine heaven without them. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2020, 08:50:36 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@Applewood

No, Cyber, no!  Two kitties died a few days apart? - Shadow and Thunder.  Why did they die?  I look at Prissy and she loves us and knows what we are saying.  We actually have to spell certain words so she doesn't know what we are saying if it is about her.  She can be sound asleep, we think, and if one of us says her name, she wakes up and comes to us.  At any time, I can say to her, "Go see Bob", and she does.  Bob can say, "Go see Marci", and she comes to me.

So sorry, Cyber, losing two kitties.   888heartkitty
@Applewood, Kitties and doggies were made by God.  Everything God made is perfect. I think they will be in heaven with us.  I'll do some work on that and let you know what God says in scripture about love and animals.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2020, 09:14:39 pm »

Draft dodger?  I don't think that word means what you think it means.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2020, 09:44:27 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@Applewood

No, Cyber, no!  Two kitties died a few days apart? - Shadow and Thunder.  Why did they die?  I look at Prissy and she loves us and knows what we are saying.  We actually have to spell certain words so she doesn't know what we are saying if it is about her.  She can be sound asleep, we think, and if one of us says her name, she wakes up and comes to us.  At any time, I can say to her, "Go see Bob", and she does.  Bob can say, "Go see Marci", and she comes to me.

So sorry, Cyber, losing two kitties.   888heartkitty
@Applewood, Kitties and doggies were made by God.  Everything God made is perfect. I think they will be in heaven with us.  I'll do some work on that and let you know what God says in scripture about love and animals.

Shadow has been sick since Christmas.  She had Dementia, and was about 18 years old.  Thunder was on 16, and I think he had an event, like a stroke or something, a few days before he died.  The rest of the Cat Family are in robust condition, so I don't expect any more deaths for a while.

It's a curse of mankind that we have to outlive our pets, and they die.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2020, 09:47:02 pm »
Draft dodger?  I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Shhh!  You're denting his testosterone-lace braggadocio.  He's a 3-Star General!  Just ask him....
I will NOT comply.