Author Topic: U.S. Sens. John Cornyn and Ted Cruz speak out against George Floyd's death, condemn protest violence  (Read 493 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
U.S. Sens. John Cornyn and Ted Cruz speak out against George Floyd's death, condemn protest violence

............U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz said this weekend that the death of George Floyd, a Minneapolis black man, is "clearly police brutality."

"It's horrific, and it starts with a horrific act of police brutality," the state's junior GOP senator said on Fox News on Sunday evening. "You know, anytime you have a police officer-involved shooting, the media oftentimes goes into a frenzy. And there is an immediate demonization and attack of the police officers, and I think that's wrong, and I think it's premature.

"That being said, in this instance, we have a video of the incident, and we can see with Mr. Floyd, the officer with his knee on his neck for eight minutes," he continued. "Mr. Floyd has handcuffs. He's clearly incapacitated. He's begging for his life, and what we saw was wrong."

On Monday, Cruz reiterated his comments on Twitter.

"There is no legitimate law enforcement purpose for what we saw in #GeorgeFloyd’s case," he wrote. "It was clearly police brutality and it was not conduct we expect of any officer. Now, the criminal justice system must hold these officers accountable for their actions."

In the Fox News interview, however, Cruz expressed disapproval of what he described as "this violence and this rioting" by some protesters over the weekend...............

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06/01/texas-ted-cruz-george-floyd/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online DB

That's highly questionable.

The real problems are going to begin when the cop essentially walks which is a good possibility based on the known facts. The perp had been out of control even with handcuffs on shortly before all this happened. He was not even remotely compliant.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
That's highly questionable.

The real problems are going to begin when the cop essentially walks which is a good possibility based on the known facts. The perp had been out of control even with handcuffs on shortly before all this happened. He was not even remotely compliant.

I highly doubt the cop is going to walk. It doesn't matter whether or not Floyd was compliant.  As he was leaving the store he was handcuffed; hands behind his back. There is video footage of that.  With hands still in cuffs behind his back he is pinned next to a squad car with the cop's knee to his neck and held for longer than 8 minutes while repeatedly saying he couldn't breathe.  According to witnesses and reports when Floyd was put onto the EMS gurney and into the ambulance he was motionless.

My question is, was EMS called ahead of time or was EMS called after he laid motionless??  According to EMS reports he died 1 hour after he was in the hospital.  Something just doesn't add up.

Two autopsies were done with some different conclusions, but both agreed that his death was a homicide.  The definition of a homicide is the deliberate and unlawful killing of one person by another; murder.  He died at the hands of the cop; whether or not he died by asphyxiation or whether the trauma aggravated his heart condition, the results are still the same.  He died at the hands of the cop and 3 other cops stood by and watched.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
He died at the hands of the cop and 3 other cops stood by and watched.

Not what I saw. It looked to me; one cop stood by, two cops on top of his back, and one cop with his knee into his neck.

Offline Idiot

Not what I saw. It looked to me; one cop stood by, two cops on top of his back, and one cop with his knee into his neck.
Amazing how a group (Dems) that has little regard for human life (abortion), is so concerned about a SINGLE death.....hmmmmm

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Amazing how a group (Dems) that has little regard for human life (abortion), is so concerned about a SINGLE death.....hmmmmm

Did you notice Sen. Cruz appears in the title, body and reasonking?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Idiot

Did you notice Sen. Cruz appears in the title, body and reasonking?
Your point?

Offline The_Reader_David

Ah, but that's because the Dems have a concept of Lebensunwertes Leben which has for a long time has included all unborn children deemed inconvenient by their mothers (though with the recent must-accept-COVID-patients orders from some Dem governors seems also to include anyone in long-term care).  Members of their electoral condition fall within the Democrats' notion of Lebenswertes Leben.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mrpotatohead

Infants don't vote. Black criminals do vote,and vote often.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!