Author Topic: Jeff Sessions challenges Tommy Tuberville to debates; Tuberville says no  (Read 486 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Jeff Sessions challenges Tommy Tuberville to debates; Tuberville says no

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - Two very familiar faces are battling for the Republican nomination in Alabama's U.S. Senate race.

Former U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions challenged former Auburn Football coach Tommy Tuberville to several debates on Tuesday.

"A United States Senate seat is no small thing. Any person afraid or lacking the knowledge to debate is automatically unqualified for the United States Senate," Sessions said in a statement. "You are either strong enough to debate, or weak and scared."

Tuberville told WSFA Tuesday he will not debate Jeff Sessions. Tuberville said Sessions was "way behind" in the most recent poll. The poll conducted by Cygnal shows Sessions behind Tuberville by 23 points.

"I don't want to get on TV and give him an opportunity to get up there and tell people what he's doing when he hasn't worked like me," Tuberville said.

https://www.wsfa.com/2020/05/26/jeff-sessions-challenges-tommy-tuberville-debates-tuberville-says-no/

‘I’m not used to punting on first down" - Tubberville

https://twitter.com/TTuberville
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

He's got nothing.  In this game he couldn't even make it from the 20 yard line.  And the only reason he is on top of the game is because he is hiding inside Trumps coat tail.  He has nothing.  Talks nothing.  Hasn't done anything.  No history, nothing to deliver at the 4th quarter politics for Alabama.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline mountaineer

I don't care who you are, if you're running for office you sure as heck need to debate your opponent in some sort of format. When I ran for office, it was painful as heck to get out there and take questions from the audience (I didn't have a primary opponent), but I saw it as my obligation as a candidate.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chosen Daughter

I don't care who you are, if you're running for office you sure as heck need to debate your opponent in some sort of format. When I ran for office, it was painful as heck to get out there and take questions from the audience (I didn't have a primary opponent), but I saw it as my obligation as a candidate.

Absolutely.  You have to have something to bring to the game.  Being endorsed by the president doesn't say one thing about what you are going to do for your constituents. 

Offline mountaineer

Being endorsed by anyone doesn't necessarily tell the voters anything. I received unsolicited contributions from a few groups and individuals, but that didn't mean we shared all the same views (when I didn't know what all their views were). You have to speak for yourself.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chosen Daughter

Being endorsed by anyone doesn't necessarily tell the voters anything. I received unsolicited contributions from a few groups and individuals, but that didn't mean we shared all the same views (when I didn't know what all their views were). You have to speak for yourself.

That's right.  If he can't debate he shouldn't try to lead.