Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: All hell is breaking loose across America Part 2  (Read 8390 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: LIVE THREAD: All hell is breaking loose across America Part 2
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2020, 02:13:35 am »
Hey, has anyone told the rioters they can riot and loot virtually?

Now you see how ridiculous that sounds when you tell church folk to do the same.
:amen:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2020, 02:14:46 am »
Yeah, I guess Joy Reid wasn't at Target that night. Not a white person in sight.

Yeah, but these are the BLACK white supremacists....   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline libertybele

« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2020, 02:16:04 am »
(((AG)))
@AGHamilton29
·
21m
Btw the stores being looted have already been closed for some time because of COVID-19 and not bringing revenue in. What do you think happens to many of them now with additional losses?

Many of them never re-open or at least face major cuts.

Well, if the stores are broken into and vandalized, I'd think that they would be able to file an insurance claim.  Maybe not enough to eventually re-open, but maybe a way to recoup some losses?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2020, 02:29:22 am »

So much for social distancing in downtown Louisville - and it looks like about a 50/50 split between masks vs no masks.  I wonder when Governor Andy is going to tell them they "can't be doing that"?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Applewood

« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2020, 02:34:12 am »
The good thing about today's riots (if one could call anything from the riots "good") is that the news has finally pushed off the front page all the doom and gloom stories of the coronavirus. 

The bad thing though is that with all the news coverage focused on these riots, I missed the Space X launch today.  :(

Offline libertybele

« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2020, 02:36:41 am »
The good thing about today's riots (if one could call anything from the riots "good") is that the news has finally pushed off the front page all the doom and gloom stories of the coronavirus. 

The bad thing though is that with all the news coverage focused on these riots, I missed the Space X launch today.  :(

Well ... we sat and watched it....too bad the media didn't give it more attention.  A positive for this country that was very clouded by all the riots and violence.  Such a shame.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2020, 02:43:46 am »
Well, if the stores are broken into and vandalized, I'd think that they would be able to file an insurance claim.  Maybe not enough to eventually re-open, but maybe a way to recoup some losses?

Insurance won't cover much of anything.  The other thing is that even if these businesses want to reopen or any new businesses come along to maybe take their place, they will find their business insurance premiums skyrocket.  My guess is that a lot of damaged/destroyed businesses, if they have insurance, will just take the money and run. 

And when the local grocery store or whatever is gone, where are these fools going to go for food?  Maybe they have transportation, but what about their mothers and grandmothers or the elderly people next door?  What are they going to do?

And without these business around to pay taxes, the tax base will shrink.  Who do these idiots think are going to pay for all those services they have enjoyed for free if there is no one around to pay the taxes to finance them? 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2020, 02:45:15 am »

Here's the best part @Applewood    happy77

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5awIjdoSqKw

Here's a little longer version ...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxBj8R7XKe4

Offline Applewood

« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2020, 02:51:54 am »
Well ... we sat and watched it....too bad the media didn't give it more attention.  A positive for this country that was very clouded by all the riots and violence.  Such a shame.

I really wanted to see the launch.  As a kid, I remember being herded to the school auditorium to watch space launches live.  Somewhere along the line, the media decided we were no longer interested.  hell, I was still interested.  Always have been, always will be. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2020, 02:57:02 am »

So much for social distancing in downtown Louisville - and it looks like about a 50/50 split between masks vs no masks.  I wonder when Governor Andy is going to tell them they "can't be doing that"?

You mean Mayor Fischer hasn’t already?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2020, 02:57:04 am »
Insurance won't cover much of anything.  The other thing is that even if these businesses want to reopen or any new businesses come along to maybe take their place, they will find their business insurance premiums skyrocket.  My guess is that a lot of damaged/destroyed businesses, if they have insurance, will just take the money and run. 

And when the local grocery store or whatever is gone, where are these fools going to go for food?  Maybe they have transportation, but what about their mothers and grandmothers or the elderly people next door?  What are they going to do?

And without these business around to pay taxes, the tax base will shrink.  Who do these idiots think are going to pay for all those services they have enjoyed for free if there is no one around to pay the taxes to finance them?

All very valid and logical points.   There is no logic behind the riots; only anger, hatred and destruction. That is exactly why the City of Detroit has never recovered from the riots in the '60's -- 'they' continue to burn and destroy their own city, expecting everyone else to rebuild it.  I lived in the Detroit area for a good portion of my life ... and Detroit was "re-vitalized" several times; new stores and hotels, affordable housing brought into the area, schools upgraded, etc., only to be vandalized or not kept up.  Now some of those revitalized areas have a new problem -- heavy Muslim presence.   Glad we left Michigan long ago.  We still have family in the area that live out in the suburbs, but you couldn't pay me to live back in Michigan.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2020, 02:57:16 am »
Thank you @Right_in_Virginia   Just awesome!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2020, 02:57:26 am »
I really wanted to see the launch.  As a kid, I remember being herded to the school auditorium to watch space launches live.  Somewhere along the line, the media decided we were no longer interested.  hell, I was still interested.  Always have been, always will be. 
There was a lot of excitement with people in my circle of friends about it this afternoon. For a moment, things were right in the world. Alas, that moment was far too brief.

I can imagine that must have been something like what it felt in 1969 when we landed on the Moon. For a while, things were good, even with Vietnam, even with the Hong Kong flu, with the civil unrest... and it set the stage about a month later for Woodstock.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2020, 03:02:12 am »
There was a lot of excitement with people in my circle of friends about it this afternoon. For a moment, things were right in the world. Alas, that moment was far too brief.

I can imagine that must have been something like what it felt in 1969 when we landed on the Moon. For a while, things were good, even with Vietnam, even with the Hong Kong flu, with the civil unrest... and it set the stage about a month later for Woodstock.

You are exactly right.  It should have been the focus on every news station instead of the riots.  Very sad.  I'm glad we watched; yes, it gave us a sense of normalcy, if only for a brief time.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2020, 03:04:01 am »

Everything stopped for the moon walk.  Every TV in every house and store had it on and people crowed around them all.  When there was no tv, then it was on the radio... Amazing time.
Same thing for Apollo 13.... Even Russia was following it..

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2020, 03:04:53 am »

https://twitter.com/mcfw/status/1266925296780967938

Animals have been released from a zoo near Rochester, NY. If that sounded racist to you, you're not alone.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2020, 03:09:23 am »
All very valid and logical points.   There is no logic behind the riots; only anger, hatred and destruction. That is exactly why the City of Detroit has never recovered from the riots in the '60's -- 'they' continue to burn and destroy their own city, expecting everyone else to rebuild it.  I lived in the Detroit area for a good portion of my life ... and Detroit was "re-vitalized" several times; new stores and hotels, affordable housing brought into the area, schools upgraded, etc., only to be vandalized or not kept up.  Now some of those revitalized areas have a new problem -- heavy Muslim presence.   Glad we left Michigan long ago.  We still have family in the area that live out in the suburbs, but you couldn't pay me to live back in Michigan.

Pittsburgh, the closest big city to me, went through similar revitalizations.  Just within the last couple of years, in fact, the main business corridor underwent a big renaissance.  Long neglected/decayed/abandoned buildings were torn down to make way for shiny new skyscrapers and a lot of residential housing.    Really starting to look nice.  But after today, who knows what's left? 

I used to work downtown, but since, I retired, I've made a conscious effort to avoid the city like the plague.  Even without riots, the city attracts too many unsavory types.  Today's riots brought more of them into downtown.  The city won't do anything much to keep the criminal element out.  I feel sorry for the people who bought condos or rented apartments downtown.  After today's madness, I can imagine many of them are going to be selling or subletting their residences and getting the H out.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2020, 03:09:51 am »
PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, Va — If you live near Sudley Road and the entrance of I-66 in the Manassas section of Prince William County, police want you to shelter in place.
Protestors have stormed the area and as a result, both directions of traffic are shut down at Sudley Road (234) and Sudley Manor Drive.
Authorities also say they have received reports "of objects being thrown at vehicles and officers."

https://wjla.com/news/local/protesters-storm-sudley-road-prince-william

Looks like the party has left the city.
Just down the road a bit... 20 miles or so south of DC

Offline Applewood

« Reply #168 on: May 31, 2020, 03:14:31 am »

The first moon landing was particularly special for me.  My maternal grandmother, dying from cancer, was living with my family.  The pain medications she was taking would knock her out.  But for the moon landing, she would not take her meds and suffered with agonizing pain just so she could be awake to see the landing. Grandma passed away a few months later, but I will always be grateful she was able to see such an historic event. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2020, 03:14:35 am »
Laura Ingraham
@IngrahamAngle
·
8m
Minneapolis mayor says 'white supremacists,' 'out of state instigators' behind protests, but arrests show different story | Fox News

Well, nobody burned their print shop. Look at those signs.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2020, 03:25:49 am »
Shoot a few in the knee caps and this will stop pretty dang fast.
Bird shot skips off pavement  and disperses real nice...

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2020, 03:31:44 am »
Well, nobody burned their print shop. Look at those signs.

That looks more like what I saw in Mogadishu in 93 than any Klan rally I’ve seen pictures of.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2020, 03:32:30 am »
California has activated the National Guard.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2020, 03:43:15 am »
That looks more like what I saw in Mogadishu in 93 than any Klan rally I’ve seen pictures of.
Well, Minneapolis is the home of Little Mogadishu.

C S Lewis