Author Topic: Every worker has covid at one US farm on eve of harvest  (Read 291 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Every worker has covid at one US farm on eve of harvest
« on: May 30, 2020, 01:24:07 am »
Every worker has covid at one US farm on eve of harvest
Mike Dorning and Jen Skerritt, Bloomberg Published 11:33 am EDT, Friday, May 29, 2020

All of the roughly 200 employees on a produce farm in Tennessee tested positive for covid-19 this month. In New Jersey, more than 50 workers had the virus at a farm in Gloucester County, adding to nearly 60 who fell ill in neighboring Salem County. Almost 170 were reported to get the disease at a tomato and strawberry greenhouse complex in Oneida, New York.

The outbreaks underscore the latest coronavirus threat to America's food supply: Farm workers are getting sick and spreading the illness just as the U.S. heads into the peak of the summer produce season. In all likelihood, the cases will keep climbing as more than half a million seasonal employees crowd onto buses to move among farms across the country and get housed together in cramped bunkhouse-style dormitories.

https://www.sheltonherald.com/business/article/Every-worker-has-covid-at-one-US-farm-on-eve-of-15303189.php

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-29/every-single-worker-has-covid-at-one-u-s-farm-on-eve-of-harvest
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Every worker has covid at one US farm on eve of harvest
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 01:29:17 am »
This wasn't the year for business as usual.   I have said this before.  Trump should have never made exceptions in his immigration EO.  And our local governments also.  Like here in Washington.  Governor Inslee hasn't even addressed the problem of migrant workers.  And its a huge problem.  He's like a Nazi stopping other businesses from opening.  But don't say anything about migrants who came across the southern border.  Got on busses and came to every rural community where they bunk together and share the COVID.  And its on our produce.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Every worker has covid at one US farm on eve of harvest
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 06:11:33 am »
Peak of the summer produce season?

In May?

Sheesh, we can still have frost here for a couple of weeks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis