Author Topic: Protest over George Floyd death turns violent, deadly in Minneapolis  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Protest over George Floyd death turns violent, deadly in Minneapolis
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2020, 11:52:01 pm »
I saw video today from San Jose where people were coming onto the freeway trying to break windows and drag people from their cars.

Denver has instituted an 8pm curfew.

I have a friend of the family and her sister that were going to do a girls trip this weekend in Louisville.  They left today because it's getting so crazy there.

I hope @Polly Ticks is ok.

Omg, me too.  :0001:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2020, 12:06:39 am »
Catfish wrote:
"But watch what happens if and when these rioters decide to expand their scope and start home invasions in the burbs and the country.  Many of us are ammo'd up for a reason."

I'll tell you what's gonna happen:
The milquetoast Minnesota governor will then dispense his state police and National Guard to said "burbs and the country".

But... NOT to stop the rioters, but instead to stop YOU from defending yourself.
Even if it means attacking YOU in your homes and killing YOU, not them.

How does that hit ya...?

All I know is "Texas ain't Minnesota."

O/T, my 'burb Irving, has two of the largest mosques in Texas, if not the country. They don't stir up any crap, because they know if they did, their mosques would be a smoking pile of rubble within 48 hours.

Remember Omar the Clock Maker? The mayor held her ground, and it didn't turn out so well for Omar and his family.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2020, 12:24:36 am »
   For a town of 90K population, my little Texas German town, with a high cop per citizen ratio, won't tolerate anyone protesting, much less, looting/burning down their HQ, mucho collateral damage would incur, and they just don't care.

New Braunfels?

I have a niece in Wimberly, but my favorite town is Fredericksburg. If I won the lottery, I'd buy a home down there. However, I'm resigned that I'll live my days out here in Irving. Kids and grandkids are all here, if I need a shot of the Hill Country, I'll just hop in my car and spend a couple of days down there.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2020, 12:24:53 am »
I saw video today from San Jose where people were coming onto the freeway trying to break windows and drag people from their cars.

Denver has instituted an 8pm curfew.

I have a friend of the family and her sister that were going to do a girls trip this weekend in Louisville.  They left today because it's getting so crazy there.

I hope @Polly Ticks is ok.

Thanks, @txradioguy  - we're doing fine so far.  Rumor has it that the Wal-Mart supercenter in Middletown is a target for tonight, though, and that is VERY close to home so I'm keeping all my little chicks well under my wing.

Omg, me too.  :0001:
@Gefn
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 12:35:52 am by Polly Ticks »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2020, 12:48:42 am »
Thanks, @txradioguy  - we're doing fine so far.  Rumor has it that the Wal-Mart supercenter in Middletown is a target for tonight, though, and that is VERY close to home so I'm keeping all my little chicks well under my wing.

That's good to hear.  Been following closely what's happening back home.  When our friends send me a text and said they were leaving Louisville as fast as they could two days earlier than planned I knew things had to be getting crazy.  Keep your head on a swivel if you venture out.

Thank God we're from a pro #2A state.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2020, 12:59:07 am »
That's good to hear.  Been following closely what's happening back home.  When our friends send me a text and said they were leaving Louisville as fast as they could two days earlier than planned I knew things had to be getting crazy.  Keep your head on a swivel if you venture out.

Thank God we're from a pro #2A state.

Yes, pretty crazy.  Threat Level RED now -- the Waffle House just down the street from Wal-Mart supercenter is now closed.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline libertybele

« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2020, 01:00:45 am »
Yes, pretty crazy.  Threat Level RED now -- the Waffle House just down the street from Wal-Mart supercenter is now closed.

Woah.  You know when a Waffle House closes, things are serious.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2020, 01:05:11 am »
Woah.  You know when a Waffle House closes, things are serious.
Oh, the humanity!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2020, 01:06:11 am »

At least the ones there got to open back up.

The one just down the street from base is still closed.  :crying:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2020, 01:37:15 am »
Waffle  House closed?  Now that's something to riot over.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2020, 03:14:14 am »
@sneakypete

Hmmmmm....

Thought you might find this of interest.....  Found it on Drudge.

https://summit.news/2020/05/29/rioter-were-gonna-start-coming-to-the-suburbs/

@catfish

Ahm skeerid.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2020, 03:30:35 am »
Waffle  House closed?  Now that's something to riot over.
The wife and I ate  our first meal at a Waffle House in Arkansas going back home after our vacation in Arizona last February.
The food was pretty good....and no brawls either.