Author Topic: Protest over George Floyd death turns violent, deadly in Minneapolis  (Read 4691 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Protest over George Floyd death turns violent, deadly in Minneapolis
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2020, 06:00:43 pm »
Unfortunately 'they' have  put a target on each police officer's back by escalating an already bad situation.

That's what Antifa does best.  Incite hatred and violence and destroy people's lives.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2020, 06:02:33 pm »
George Floyd worked at the Salvation Army Harbor Light homeless shelter in Minneapolis. 

A chaplain there described him as "a giver..... a fighter...... tender hearted.......... a man after God's own heart...... a peace lover who detested violence."  He had a "robust faith" and "wanted others to meet his God."

He is now with Jesus.  Prayers for his family and loved ones, for peace in Minneapolis, and for justice in his death.

Amen @musiclady    So sad.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2020, 06:03:47 pm »
Amen @musiclady    So sad.

And so stupidly unnecessary.  **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2020, 09:06:37 pm »
Stirring the pot.The tweet included a list of "supplies" protesters could bring to the protest site, which includes goggles, gauze, first aid, plywood for shields, "anything else useful for shielding from cops", and a variety of makeshift weapons including tennis rackets and hockey sticks.  ...More at The Post Millennial

@mountaineer

EXCELLENT suggestions,because we know if there is one thing blacks are known for,it is their love of tennis and hockey. Especially the ghetto rats.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2020, 09:08:24 pm »
1 Peter 3:9 (NIV): Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

As my mother always said, two wrongs don't make a right. I grieve for the innocent people these rioters are hurting. It doesn't right the wrong that was done Mr. Floyd by the cops, and it certainly does nothing to promote justice.
Well said  :amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2020, 09:15:06 pm »
@mountaineer

EXCELLENT suggestions,because we know if there is one thing blacks are known for,it is their love of tennis and hockey. Especially the ghetto rats.
You left out NASCAR and Curling.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2020, 09:16:59 pm »
George Floyd worked at the Salvation Army Harbor Light homeless shelter in Minneapolis. 

A chaplain there described him as "a giver..... a fighter...... tender hearted.......... a man after God's own heart...... a peace lover who detested violence."  He had a "robust faith" and "wanted others to meet his God."

@musiclady

...a man who liked to spend counterfeit money......

Offline Applewood

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2020, 09:47:42 pm »
@musiclady

...a man who liked to spend counterfeit money......

@sneakypete

The store owner said Mr. Floyd passed a counterfeit $20.  But none of us knows for sure that's true.  I haven't said much about this incident because I don't know what all really went down.  I did see a video that appeared to be edited or stopped at crucial spots.  Maybe it was two separate videos .  One minute I see Mr. Floyd cuffed and eased into sitting on a sidewalk.  Then I see the same man on the ground with a policeman kneeling on his neck.  What went down in between, I don't know.

I'd like to believe that at some point -- perhaps at trial of the officer or officers -- we will learn the truth.  But maybe we never will.  My point is I don't want to make a judgment one way or the other until and unless we learn what really happened.

By the way, I though kneeling on a suspect's neck was outlawed after a guy in Pittsburgh died from application of the same maneuver.  Good Grief, people!  If someone kneels on your neck for so long, you are going to die.   *****rollingeyes*****

Online mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2020, 09:52:16 pm »
I haven't said much about this incident because I don't know what all really went down.  I did see a video that appeared to be edited or stopped at crucial spots.  Maybe it was two separate videos .  One minute I see Mr. Floyd cuffed and eased into sitting on a sidewalk.  Then I see the same man on the ground with a policeman kneeling on his neck.  What went down in between, I don't know.
That's why I won't fault the county prosecutor for not rushing in and immediately charging the cops with first degree murder, like many have demanded. No one knows the whole story yet. What we saw certainly looks bad - a handcuffed man on the ground doesn't need to have a knee pressed on his neck - but this situation demands a thorough investigation.

Meanwhile, Minneapolis burns.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2020, 09:57:04 pm »
@sneakypete

The store owner said Mr. Floyd passed a counterfeit $20.  But none of us knows for sure that's true.  I haven't said much about this incident because I don't know what all really went down.  I did see a video that appeared to be edited or stopped at crucial spots.  Maybe it was two separate videos .  One minute I see Mr. Floyd cuffed and eased into sitting on a sidewalk.  Then I see the same man on the ground with a policeman kneeling on his neck.  What went down in between, I don't know.

I'd like to believe that at some point -- perhaps at trial of the officer or officers -- we will learn the truth.  But maybe we never will.  My point is I don't want to make a judgment one way or the other until and unless we learn what really happened.

@Applewood

The truth is it doesn't matter what happened that lead up to his death. He could have innocently passed along a counterfeit 20 that someone gave him in change. I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that *I* never inspect my cash to see if it is counterfeit.

Even if he had PERSONALLY printed the 20 dollar bill,it doesn't justify him being manhandled and abused like he was,never mind killed.

The cops manhandled him because they COULD,and because they WANTED to manhandle him. His death is their fault more than his. He just deserved to be arrested and get his day in court,not killed.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2020, 10:09:33 pm »
The Unacceptably Unjust Death of George Floyd

Some points to consider from a reliable conservative source.

Heritage

Online libertybele

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2020, 10:14:08 pm »
@Applewood

The truth is it doesn't matter what happened that lead up to his death. He could have innocently passed along a counterfeit 20 that someone gave him in change. I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that *I* never inspect my cash to see if it is counterfeit.

Even if he had PERSONALLY printed the 20 dollar bill,it doesn't justify him being manhandled and abused like he was,never mind killed.

The cops manhandled him because they COULD,and because they WANTED to manhandle him. His death is their fault more than his. He just deserved to be arrested and get his day in court,not killed.

Amen.  He was in handcuffs.  How much harm did he pose to the cop that decided to kneel on his neck?  Abuse and excessive force.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2020, 10:23:25 pm »
Looks like another night of looting and riots...

I have it on Fox and they are showing a man handing our large black trash bags...for your looting pleasure..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2020, 10:44:03 pm »
"All Hell Broke Loose In Minneapolis and 'Armed Rednecks' Stepped In to Protect Businesses"

Good for them.
I mean, really:
GOOD FOR THEM.
We need MORE guys like this.
I'll make no bones about which side I'm on, and don't care what others think.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2020, 10:47:03 pm »
Breaking News locally said the National Guard has been called out in Minneapolis.  This is getting uglier and uglier.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2020, 11:23:21 pm »
The Unacceptably Unjust Death of George Floyd

Some points to consider from a reliable conservative source.

Heritage

@musiclady

From the article
The only remaining question, legally speaking, is whether Chauvin will face criminal charges, as Floyd’s family has demanded.

I disagree. There is also the question "should the other cops at the scene be charged as accomplices?"

After all,they did nothing to either prevent this guy from putting his knee on the dead man's neck,and they did nothing to make him stop even after he was having trouble breathing.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2020, 11:27:40 pm »
@musiclady

From the article
I disagree. There is also the question "should the other cops at the scene be charged as accomplices?"

After all,they did nothing to either prevent this guy from putting his knee on the dead man's neck,and they did nothing to make him stop even after he was having trouble breathing.

I agree.  It will be interesting to see if they are charged in this crime.

They watched their fellow officer kill a man (for an alleged 20$ crime?) and did nothing to stop it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2020, 11:28:14 pm »
"All Hell Broke Loose In Minneapolis and 'Armed Rednecks' Stepped In to Protect Businesses"

Good for them.
I mean, really:
GOOD FOR THEM.
We need MORE guys like this.
I'll make no bones about which side I'm on, and don't care what others think.

@Fishrrman

They are fools out looking for an excuse to shoot someone and to pose in front of cameras as "gun-toting rednecks."

Both are likely to be attacked by rioting blacks if they stay,and if they are,and they shoot,both WILL be arrested for murder based on this interview and what they do.

They don't even own the store they were guarding,so they can't even claim defense of property.

Besides,you can bet your Biden those store owners all have insurance,and the tab will be picked up by the city for the few that don't.

Why the HELL would anybody risk their own life and risk the chance of being put in a position to take someone else's life to protect a freaking store they have no connection to or real interest in?

Freaking retards.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2020, 11:29:27 pm »
Breaking News locally said the National Guard has been called out in Minneapolis.  This is getting uglier and uglier.

Hopefully the National Guard gets things under control tonight.

As I have said elsewhere, we have family in this very neighborhood, including two small children, and I pray for the safety of everyone around.

Including the National Guard.....

Online libertybele

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2020, 11:31:28 pm »

National Guard activated to control protests following George Floyd's death

https://kstp.com/news/minnesota-national-guard-activated-to-control-protests-following-george-floyds-death/5743967/

Online libertybele

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2020, 11:32:47 pm »
Hopefully the National Guard gets things under control tonight.

As I have said elsewhere, we have family in this very neighborhood, including two small children, and I pray for the safety of everyone around.

Including the National Guard.....

Prayers for your family @musiclady and for those in the neighborhood. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2020, 11:37:45 pm »

Prayers for your family @musiclady and for those in the neighborhood.

Thank you so much!

According to one of them, Lake Street is in ashes.  (a photo I saw looks like it's a war zone).  We have been to the Target the terrorists torched and many of the stores along the street.  It's not that far from where our two different relatives' families live.

I hope they stay inside until this is over.

I hope the National Guard stops these outsider thugs and brings peace back to this lovely community......

And I hope the authorities arrest this ex-officer who has shamefully sullied the good name of honorable police officers all over the country.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2020, 11:45:57 pm »
@mountaineer

Great excuse to loot sporting goods stores, though, and maybe pick up a new pair of sneakers on the way through...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2020, 11:35:56 am »
Protesters breached the Ohio state house in Columbus. Shots fired during protests in Louisville and Denver.
Arrests in NYC.

Heaven help us.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:42:37 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2020, 12:47:20 pm »
Protesters breached the Ohio state house in Columbus. Shots fired during protests in Louisville and Denver.
Arrests in NYC.

Heaven help us.

Millions of people stuck in cities with nothing to do and nowhere to go. Going to be a long HOT summer.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley