Author Topic: Fauci: 'Quite evident' that hydroxychloroquine does not treat COVID-19  (Read 824 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fauci: 'Quite evident' that hydroxychloroquine does not treat COVID-19
by Cassidy Morrison
 | May 27, 2020 11:40 AM

Top infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci said Wednesday that it’s “quite evident” that hydroxychloroquine is not an effective coronavirus treatment.

“The scientific data is really quite evident now about the lack of efficacy for it and even the possibility that... there’s the likelihood that under certain circumstances, might be rare, but you’d see it, adverse events,” Fauci told CNN Wednesday.

Fauci’s comment came after France's Ministry of Solidarity and Health decided Wednesday to ban the use of hydroxychloroquine as a cure because it has been found not only to be an ineffective treatment but also to increase the risk of death.

“Whether in town or in hospital, this molecule should not be prescribed for Covid-19 patients,” the health ministry said in a statement Wednesday.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fauci-quite-evident-that-hydroxychloroquine-does-not-treat-covid-19
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Did he use any Zinc supplements?

I thought not.

HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN MURDERED TO TRY TO DISCREDIT THIS PHARMACOLOGY:

Hydroxychloroquine    /    Azithromycin (or other Macrolide Antiboitic)    /    Zinc Sulfate
(Ionophore)             (Reduces immune response, wards off bacteria)         (Provides Zinc ions to be transported
                                                                                                           into the cell to stop viral replication)

Ideally, this should be administered early as possible with the objective of stopping viral replication before the patient requires hospitalization.

From https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/massive-new-study-shows-malaria-drug-touted-by-trump-increases-risk-of-death, Massive new study shows malaria drug touted by Trump increases risk of death, an article linked in the article in the OP
In a new report published Friday by the medical journal the Lancet, researchers compiled medical records from 96,032 COVID-19 patients from 671 hospitals across six continents. About 15,000 patients were given hydroxychloroquine, which Trump has said he is taking as a prophylactic measure, or its relative chloroquine, and the study found that the drug was ineffective at treating patients with the coronavirus.

Instead, researchers found that patients on hydroxychloroquine had a 34% increased risk of dying and a 137% increased risk of life-threatening heart arrhythmia. For those taking hydroxychloroquine in combination with an antibiotic, chloroquine alone, or chloroquine with an antibiotic, the risks were even higher.

“It’s one thing not to have benefit, but this shows distinct harm,” Eric Topol, a cardiologist and director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute, told the Washington Post. “If there was ever hope for this drug, this is the death of it.”

First, these patients were already hospitalized, which is a situation where their disease has progressed considerably.

Not one word about Zinc.

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 07:08:40 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Did he use any Zinc supplements?

Of course not.  The point here is to deny the life-saving zinc to patients given hydroxychloroquine so that they have a much greater chance of dying, and so that their deaths can be used to smear Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

Of course not.  The point here is to deny the life-saving zinc to patients given hydroxychloroquine so that they have a much greater chance of dying, and so that their deaths can be used to smear Trump.
That is what I have noticed. Either the regimen was given after patients were critical or on vent, or the zinc was left out, or both, virtually guaranteeing a bad outcome.

It's like sending a fleet of semis for food relief for a starving multitude and not putting any food in the trucks, then claiming the food relief didn't work and trucks should be banned.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

That is what I have noticed. Either the regimen was given after patients were critical or on vent, or the zinc was left out, or both, virtually guaranteeing a bad outcome.

It's like sending a fleet of semis for food relief for a starving multitude and not putting any food in the trucks, then claiming the food relief didn't work and trucks should be banned.

Shaddup Smoke, and listen to your betters. Because science.

:laugh:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I have seen and read enough lately about Fauci to really quesiton how many of his professional decisons are politically biased. 
No 100% proof, but a shame if he has now "whored" himself for the left.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

I have seen and read enough lately about Fauci to really quesiton how many of his professional decisons are politically biased. 
No 100% proof, but a shame if he has now "whored" himself for the left.

No, hes whoring himself to Bill Gates.

Offline Smokin Joe

Shaddup Smoke, and listen to your betters. Because science.

:laugh:
But I are a scientist!

And science will take 100 years to recover from the last 30. **nononono*

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

But I are a scientist!

And science will take 100 years to recover from the last 30. **nononono*

Yeah, the way you think you'd best watch out, or they'll take away your birthday...
 :beer:

Offline Smokin Joe

Yeah, the way you think you'd best watch out, or they'll take away your birthday...
Yeah, well, they have 366 shots, counting leap years. At this age, I don't use it much, anyway.

It's fun to use that gray as a weapon. This ain't my first Rodeo.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Don't worry...wait a couple days and he'll declare HCQ the greatest thing since sliced bread.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
They already did that in New York.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, well, they have 366 shots, counting leap years. At this age, I don't use it much, anyway.

It's fun to use that gray as a weapon. This ain't my first Rodeo.

I dunno. That's a tough row to hoe. When you know damn well you're right, but all the younguns in their rebellion bow down to the hierarchy in their ignorance. Lemming flavored Koolaid.

Offline mountaineer

Don't worry...wait a couple days and he'll declare HCQ the greatest thing since sliced bread.
:word:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

I dunno. That's a tough row to hoe. When you know damn well you're right, but all the younguns in their rebellion bow down to the hierarchy in their ignorance. Lemming flavored Koolaid.
With or without the shot of seawater?

I'm not so sure about the young-uns. Maybe after a few years of college indoctrination they'll bite; after all, a big part of that is convincing them how smart they are.

But the blue collar 'kids' often got sick of being lied to even before they got out of High School. There is a lot there some of those 'smart' people are missing, an entire generation who know they've been lied to and resent it.
It's those 17-18 year olds, declared for the last time as a dependent, who are ineligible for any of the COVID compensation, who often gave up their jobs, their social lives, the last season at their sport (and best shot at college), who didn't even have a graduation ceremony, who are going to be 18 shades of ticked off if the Dems and flunkies can't keep the whole lockdown/mask up/give up your rights/wesa gonna diee! thingy going.

A lot of them will vote in their first POTUS election this fall, and folks need to make sure they know who was screwing them so they can get it right.

C S Lewis