Author Topic: Northam: Virginians required to wear face coverings inside stores, restaurants and more starting Fri  (Read 406 times)

Offline Hoodat

Northam: Virginians required to wear face coverings inside stores, restaurants and more starting Friday

WAVY Web Staff     |     May 26, 2020 / 08:25 AM EDT   / Updated: May 26, 2020 / 04:39 PM EDT

RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY) — Gov. Ralph Northam says Virginians ages 10 and up will be required to wear face coverings inside all brick and mortar stores, salons and barbershops, on public transportation and more starting this Friday, May 29.

Northam made the announcement during Tuesday’s press conference in Richmond, after hinting at the requirement at last Friday’s presser.

“I am taking this step because science increasingly shows us that the virus spreads less easily when everyone is wearing face coverings,” Northam said.  .  .  .

https://www.wavy.com/news/health/coronavirus/northam-expected-to-make-face-coverings-announcement-during-tuesdays-press-conference/

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Northam: Virginians required to wear face coverings inside stores, restaurants and more starting Friday

Looking forward to that restaurant style mask.  Come with a slot?   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

Northam says law enforcement will not have a role in face covering enforcement, which will fall on the Virginia Department of Health, though he wasn’t able to provide specifics. He said law enforcement would have only been able to issue a class 1 misdemeanor, which can come with jail time, and that wasn’t an option.
Northam’s chief of staff, Clark Mercer, cited issues with equity and practicality with the law enforcement route.
When asked whether the Department of Health had any teeth to enforce the requirement, Mercer said health officials can give a warning, and then use the courts to try to pull a business license.

So now the health department has law enforcement authority?
Business license to be revoked if a customer does not comply...  Hitler would be proud...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

So now the health department has law enforcement authority?
Business license to be revoked if a customer does not comply...  Hitler would be proud...

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.