Author Topic: The Best Argument For President Trump's Re-Election  (Read 10633 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: The Best Argument For President Trump's Re-Election
« Reply #275 on: May 26, 2020, 08:27:30 pm »
It seemed large at the time, and I didn't appreciate it a bit when Reagan caved on amnesty for illegal aliens.  :chairbang:  :shrug:

I opposed Reagan just as loudly as I do Tump on immigration. Not for the immigration itself, but rather for believing Congress on its word.

I was fine with a one time citizen fix, tied to border control. I saw those cat-fed-bird congressional leaders right on the TV making that promise. As with Abortion, Reagan's fault was in taking those folks at their word.

As we know now, they were lying through their teeth. the citizenship happened and the border control didn't.

And that's a big dang reason I will NOT budge now.

Edit to add: Not that I oppose Tumpy on immigration. That I opposed Reagan just as loudly.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:29:08 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #276 on: May 26, 2020, 08:30:20 pm »
Trump's coattails... if Trump loses, the GOP loses everything, Senate and House, and some down ballot too.

And rightly so. Had they done as they are supposed to do, they wouldn't have that problem.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #277 on: May 26, 2020, 08:32:15 pm »
I opposed Reagan just as loudly as I do Tump on immigration. Not for the immigration itself, but rather for believing Congress on its word.

I was fine with a one time citizen fix, tied to border control. I saw those cat-fed-bird congressional leaders right on the TV making that promise. As with Abortion, Reagan's fault was in taking those folks at their word.

As we know now, they were lying through their teeth. the citizenship happened and the border control didn't.

Edit to add: Not that I oppose Tumpy on immigration. That I opposed Reagan just as loudly.

And how did you and I know they were lying through their teeth to Reagan?   Because we knew the character of the Rats who said the lies.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #278 on: May 26, 2020, 08:32:31 pm »
My, you think highly of yourself.    Pretty ironic considering your political opinion mimics a toddler who's caught his zipper on a baton from 1980.  This is not principle; this is stuck, this is trapped, this is pretty damn funny to watch. 88devil

This election is not a referendum on the deficit.

Period.

No, I think highly of those principles. Always have, and always will.
Going against the truth has never bought me anything but pain... and I am capable of learning.
Thus I do not mess with gravity.
And all other truth has similar consequence.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #279 on: May 26, 2020, 08:34:35 pm »
You’re right, the election isn’t a referendum on the deficit.

But, it’s a convenient talking point for Trump’s critics on the right.

How do I know that? Because the people using it were running around here all supportive of Trump’s re-election until the economy got all blown up by the Wuhan flu fiasco.  Right?  *****rollingeyes***** :silly:

Nope. I was screaming bloody murder all the way along.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #280 on: May 26, 2020, 08:36:12 pm »
And how did you and I know they were lying through their teeth to Reagan?   Because we knew the character of the Rats who said the lies.

SOSDD.  :shrug: :whistle:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #281 on: May 26, 2020, 08:37:58 pm »

The facts and the metrics just don’t support you on that.

Trump’s immigration agenda are producing real change in the numbers. Ronaldus Reagan, lord knows I love him, blew it all up and the numbers of illegal immigrants have only gone up since then...until Trump. Same with the border wall. Real improvements are happening under the Trump administration, both in replacing exiting fences with real wall, and adding miles of new wall.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #282 on: May 26, 2020, 08:59:51 pm »
Bullshit. I am directly opposed, and I always have been BECAUSE those principles are all I am interested in wrt politics. This, that y'all are hawking is not principled, nor is it conservative. and what is incredibly ironic, EVERYBODY KNOWS IT.

So y'all are just pissed that I will not willingly throw down the truth and follow the rah-rah crowd.
It ain't EVER gonna happen.

Us all would be fine with anyone going off into the sticks till the smoke clears. If they would leave it at that.

Its when they start with the 'its your fault crap' I get cheesed off.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #283 on: May 26, 2020, 09:01:28 pm »
The facts and the metrics just don’t support you on that.

Trump’s immigration agenda are producing real change in the numbers. Ronaldus Reagan, lord knows I love him, blew it all up and the numbers of illegal immigrants have only gone up since then...until Trump. Same with the border wall. Real improvements are happening under the Trump administration, both in replacing exiting fences with real wall, and adding miles of new wall.

You missed the edit on the bottom of that post.
I do not exactly oppose Tumpy on immigration per se.

I think rather that he is ineffective.
At the expense of some precedents that I absolutely oppose (how he got the money)

The wall itself, a good thing, if it is ever built, and only if it is properly patrolled.
It is worthless without armed garrisons guarding it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #284 on: May 26, 2020, 09:05:35 pm »
Us all would be fine with anyone going off into the sticks till the smoke clears. If they would leave it at that.

Its when they start with the 'its your fault crap' I get cheesed off.

I WILL PREACH ON.

Lest you (all) forget. Which y'all seem to do easily.

Whose fault is it that Republicans own the biggest spending ever in history?
Whose fault is it that Republicans stand in authority when the greatest assault against our liberty was committed?

Whose fault is it that you're voting for more?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #285 on: May 26, 2020, 09:07:13 pm »
Yep. Virtually guarantees a counterpunch.

Most threads on TBR end up being pages of counterpunching. To put it another way, it's reminiscent of trench warfare during WWI.

No new discussion, just the same old jabs between Trumpers and Non-Trumpers. Doesn't it get boring after awhile? I sure think so.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #286 on: May 26, 2020, 09:10:30 pm »
@LMAO

Thank you.  While I was in isolation, I dug up You Tube videos of Dangerfield, particularly a few of his appearances on the Tonight Show.  Those videos kept me from going completely insane.  I miss Dangerfield.  He was one of my favorite comedians.

Rodney was awesome, and one of the best things he ever did for me was to introduce Sam Kinison.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #287 on: May 26, 2020, 09:17:53 pm »
My, you think highly of yourself.    Pretty ironic considering your political opinion mimics a toddler who's caught his zipper on a baton from 1980.  This is not principle; this is stuck, this is trapped, this is pretty damn funny to watch. 88devil

Period.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Just 8 posts after @mystery-ak exhorted us to stop the personal attacks, you're at it again!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #288 on: May 26, 2020, 09:25:41 pm »
Hey perfesser, what about you, now, here?
Biden or Trump?
Pelosi or McCarthy?
Shumer or McConnell
----------------------
Fair enough.
Principled conservatism is/was never dependent on economics, politics or religion.
Created in Ancient Greece and articulated by Plato, it is a body of unchanging precepts,
derived from the Natural Law, governing Man's conduct, through his attitudes,
behaviors and impulses in life, which encourage culture/society to survive and thrive.
From the Garden of Eden till the French Enlightenment, spanning thousands of years,
principled conservatism was the anchor of the village/town/city/state/nation where
Monarchy was the norm of rule.
Then some 300 years past, the Enlightenment dawned, ushering in a revolutionary
and radical notion that material betterment was Man's higher calling replacing his
earlier adherence to custom, convention and continuity.
But how could Man be seduced into accepting material betterment as a replacement
for the earlier values which contained a powerful spiritual component???
Because in the back-pack of the Enlightenment lurked Capitalism which upon emerging
changed the World and Man dramatically to this very moment.
Anyone doubting this, compare the Art produced before and after the Enlightenment.
Wise Men such as Edmund Burke and Adam Smith understood this and called attention to it.
As for your question, I have absolutely no interest in any politician as my well being is my responsibility and in my hands.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 09:27:31 pm by Absalom »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #289 on: May 26, 2020, 09:30:23 pm »
Most threads on TBR end up being pages of counterpunching. To put it another way, it's reminiscent of trench warfare during WWI.

No new discussion, just the same old jabs between Trumpers and Non-Trumpers. Doesn't it get boring after awhile? I sure think so.

IKR?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #290 on: May 26, 2020, 09:34:09 pm »
IKR?

2 or 3 pages ago, I had delusions of maybe some common ground could be reached in this "trench warfare".  Not sure there is any hope.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #291 on: May 26, 2020, 09:34:45 pm »
Just 8 posts after @mystery-ak exhorted us to stop the personal attacks, you're at it again!

Should I know you?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #292 on: May 26, 2020, 09:43:44 pm »
2 or 3 pages ago, I had delusions of maybe some common ground could be reached in this "trench warfare".  Not sure there is any hope.

It was 2 or 3 years ago I thought that...I got used to it.  I think it would be boring otherwise. 

Maybe I need a new hobby?
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #293 on: May 26, 2020, 09:50:28 pm »
It was 2 or 3 years ago I thought that...I got used to it.  I think it would be boring otherwise. 

It is kinda funny, the concept of politics being fought above the belt.  :silly:

Hello? Anyone notice the last oh, I don’t know, the last 250 years or so of American (and doubtless world) politics?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #294 on: May 26, 2020, 10:25:36 pm »

Sports look like they'll be returning soon.

While doing my patriotic sheltering in place, I've played quite a bit of Civilization V. I discovered a mod with civilization-specific Generals and Admirals, rekindling my interest in American Military History. When I came across a name that I didn't recognize, I researched it. It's been a great learning experience, reading about these great men from the past.

As a last resort, may I suggest having a few glasses of wine every day? lol, we've been slowly clearing out space in our wine cooler.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #295 on: May 26, 2020, 10:27:57 pm »

While doing my patriotic sheltering in place, I've played quite a bit of Civilization V. I discovered a mod with civilization-specific Generals and Admirals, rekindling my interest in American Military History. When I came across a name that I didn't recognize, I researched it. It's been a great learning experience, reading about these great men from the past.

Speaking of...  Did you catch Episode 1 of Grant last night?  Fairly good, and they have kept the SJW hogwash to 10%.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2020, 10:31:12 pm »
Sports look like they'll be returning soon.

As a last resort, may I suggest having a few glasses of wine every day? lol, we've been slowly clearing out space in our wine cooler.

I've been taking my empty beer kegs into town and swapping them out for full ones.  I keep a spare, so I don't care if it takes them a week or more to turn my order around, I can just swap in a fresh one when the tap blows dry.  Last week was a bad week to need one, because all the bars are swamping the distributors for their kegs.  Every keg they had tapped at the start of the tyranny has gone bad, so they all needed fresh kegs at once.  A keg goes bad in 4-6 weeks, even when kept under CO2 pressure.
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #297 on: May 26, 2020, 10:33:08 pm »
  A keg goes bad in 4-6 weeks, even when kept under CO2 pressure.

Good thing they didn't show up at my dorm room 40 years ago.  4-6 hours would have been more of an issue.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #298 on: May 26, 2020, 10:38:33 pm »

Period.

What is funny is people like you pretending Trump is Conservative.  The only thing this election is about is transforming the Republican party into Trumps party of misfit liberals. 

I remember when Republican party defended Christian family values.  It was Republican to fight for family values and marriage between a man and a woman.  Now we have Trump fighting against Biblical values and we make him out to be a hero.  He has transformed the presidency with his phony spiritual advisors the rich ones that bilk widows of their savings.

Trump signs prison reform and lets criminals out early and its some kind of great thing?  Trump signs legislation that puts the country trillions more in debt and we shouldn't mention it.

Why don't we turn it around and ask what has Trump done that makes him Conservative?  Planned parenthood makes off like a bandit in COVID bill......
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #299 on: May 26, 2020, 10:48:01 pm »
Speaking of...  Did you catch Episode 1 of Grant last night?  Fairly good, and they have kept the SJW hogwash to 10%.

No, I missed it, but E-1 is on in a few minutes...the DVR's been set to record all 3 episodes.