Author Topic: Column: Is Pritzker’s coronavirus levee about to break? John Kass By John Kass  (Read 462 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Column: Is Pritzker’s coronavirus levee about to break?

By John Kass
Chicago Tribune |
May 21, 2020 | 5:00 AM

“If you’d told me six months ago that the governor of Illinois would declare churches ‘nonessential’ and shut them down, while liquor stores are ‘essential’ and open, I’d have asked what blend of weed you were smoking,” Peter Breen of the Thomas More Society told me.

What we’ve been smoking? Fear. It’s all been tightly rolled in the scraps of the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States. We’ve been inhaling deeply for months.

And the leaders of the lockdown party — Gov. J.B. Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot — are on the verge of losing control. Rookie politicians make rookie mistakes.

Pritzker’s initial stay-at-home-order, in March, did not consider worship services as essential. But after the Thomas More Society filed a lawsuit on behalf of a church in Lena, Illinois, the governor scrambled to modify his order. Pritzker allowed worship services but imposed social distancing guidelines and limited the free exercise of religion to only 10 or fewer people at a time.

more
https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/john-kass/ct-coronavirus-illinois-churches-kass-20200521-o2pk6tvcprhwvblo5mvfntuwoa-story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34