Author Topic: Senate confirms Ratcliffe to be Trump's spy chief  (Read 285 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate confirms Ratcliffe to be Trump's spy chief
« on: May 21, 2020, 10:25:26 pm »
Senate confirms Ratcliffe to be Trump's spy chief
By Jordain Carney - 05/21/20 12:40 PM EDT

The Senate on Thursday confirmed Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-Texas) to be President Trump's next spy chief.

Senators voted 49-44 on Ratcliffe's nomination to the director of national intelligence(DNI), a position that has been filled in an acting capacity since former DNI Dan Coats stepped down in August.

The vote is one of the final items on the Senate's to-do list before the chamber leaves town for a weeklong Memorial Day recess. And it comes only days after the Senate Intelligence Committee advanced Ratcliffe's nomination along party lines.

Democrats allowed Ratcliffe's nomination to skip over procedural hurdles that could have delayed his confirmation until June, in a sign that senators want a Senate-confirmed DNI and that acting DNI Richard Grenell is deeply unpopular.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/498962-senate-confirms-ratcliffe-to-be-trumps-spy-chief
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Senate confirms Ratcliffe to be Trump's spy chief
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 11:06:56 pm »
Democrats allowed Ratcliffe's nomination to skip over procedural hurdles that could have delayed his confirmation until June, in a sign that senators want a Senate-confirmed DNI and that acting DNI Richard Grenell is deeply unpopular.

More like the Rats are praying (to whom I have no idea) that Ratcliffe won't keep declassifying documents the way Grenell has. I think they are in for a rude awakening. Ratcliffe was tough throughout the impeachment sham. I would bet he's going to be even tougher dealing with the intelligence agencies.

IMHO, there needs to be a sweeping overhaul and dismissal of a lot of people.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Senate confirms Ratcliffe to be Trump's spy chief
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 12:04:32 am »
If Grenell is a decent process manager and is on the same page as Ratcliffe there'll be very little delay in planned declassifyings.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.