Author Topic: US Navy and USMC conduct integrated operations  (Read 371 times)

rangerrebew

US Navy and USMC conduct integrated operations
« on: May 21, 2020, 10:55:40 am »
US Navy and USMC conduct integrated operations

The US Navy and US Marine Corps (USMC) have collaborated to conduct integrated operations at sea to support the regional security and stability in the US 7th Fleet area of operations.

These operations focus on interoperability to continue the development of warfighting concepts.

Additionally, they will improve distributed maritime missions and enable real-time proficiency and readiness.

US Destroyer Squadron 15 commodore Captain Steven De Moss said: “Our forward-deployed naval forces at sea are spread from the Sea of Japan to operations in the South China Sea and Indian Ocean.

https://www.naval-technology.com/news/us-navy-and-usmc-conduct-integrated-operations/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: US Navy and USMC conduct integrated operations
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 07:09:22 pm »
This is new? The US Navy OWNS the USMC,and has owned them since Day One. They have been training to work together since Day Two.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 07:30:38 pm »
This is new? The US Navy OWNS the USMC,and has owned them since Day One. They have been training to work together since Day Two.

To varying degrees, all branches may cooperate. TheWWII Okinawa amphib landing included units of both the Marines, and the Army. Transported by Navy vessels.

Now both Navy and Marines, have planes. Fixed and rotary wing I believe.

I think they assemble the pieces they need, mission by mission.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 08:09:35 pm »
To varying degrees, all branches may cooperate. TheWWII Okinawa amphib landing included units of both the Marines, and the Army. Transported by Navy vessels.

Now both Navy and Marines, have planes. Fixed and rotary wing I believe.

@truth_seeker

This has been the case since Day One of the US Navy having airplanes. Unlike the Navy,the USMC even had enlisted pilots in WW-2.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 12:01:20 pm »
@truth_seeker

The carrier I was aboard usually had 1-2 Marine jets aboard, too.  That was 45 years ago so I'm sure things have changed but Marine jet jockies had to be carrier qualified, too.