Author Topic: CDC now says coronavirus 'does not spread easily' via contaminated surfaces  (Read 445 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CDC now says coronavirus 'does not spread easily' via contaminated surfaces

By Madeline Farber | Fox News

For those of you still wiping down groceries and other packages amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, breathe a sigh of relief: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now says the novel virus “does not spread easily” from "touching surfaces or objects" — but experts warn that doesn’t mean it’s no longer necessary to take "practical and realistic" precautions in stopping the spread of COVID-19.

Though it’s not exactly clear when, the federal health agency appears to have recently changed its guidelines from early March that simply said it “may be possible” to spread the virus from contaminated surfaces. The CDC now includes "surfaces or objects" under a section that details ways in which the coronavirus does not readily transmit.

Other ways in which the virus does not easily spread is from animals to people, or from people to animals, the federal agency said on its updated page.

“COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning about how it spreads. It may be possible for COVID-19 to spread in other ways, but these are not thought to be the main ways the virus spreads,” according to the CDC.

The CDC did, however, remind citizens that the virus does mainly spread person-to-person, noting the virus that causes a COVID-19 infection, SARS-CoV-2, "is spreading very easily and sustainably between people.”

more
https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-now-says-coronavirus-does-not-spread-easily-via-contaminated-surfaces
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

Nonsense. Whole apartment buildings infected where people are notorious for not knowing their neighbors. How can that be? People NOT in contact, but using the same elevators and hallways, handling the same railings and doorknobs... It is either spread by contact  or by air then, it would seem.

They need to make up their minds.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The car was needing a wash for a while, so today I took it to a car wash -- one where you just remain in the car. (The one I had been going to since I got my current RAV4 was a "brushless" one, but you have to get out, and someone drives it in, and then someone at the other end -- usually illegal -- drives it "out". No thanks, at least for now.)

Price was $7, and normally I'd stuff a dollar in the tip box.
But not this time -- I don't want any bills "back" (who knows who's been handling them?).
So... I handed $10 out the window and said to put the change into the tip box.
They were happy.
I was happy.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Trust the CDC with your life?  Well then, you do not hold your life to be of much value!

The CDC, the NIH, the FDA, and half a dozen other agencies are not worth a good BM.

Trump needs to purge these agencies, for they are loaded with high credentialed, highly incompetent medical folks.  Physicians that cannot make it in the real world end up going to one of these agencies because they only have academic intelligence, and are wholly deficient in common sense or street sense.  These are very self contained people, who care very little beyond the end of their own nose.

No mystery to me why we are where we are.  Trump needs to terminate thousands of these fools!

Offline PeteS in CA

Is the CDC self-beclowning or trying futilely to beclown Trump? They're performing like somebody used a Trabant for a clown car.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

Just like masks.  Back when SARS and other such diseases were going around, all these agencies like the CDC, WHO and such said masks are ineffective in preventing the spread of these diseases.  Even when COVID started, I heard masks were useless.  All of a sudden, the guidelines say, wear a mask and now states, hospitals and all sorts of businesses are requiring them.   Something suspicious going on with this whole coronavirus mess.

Online libertybele

Just like masks.  Back when SARS and other such diseases were going around, all these agencies like the CDC, WHO and such said masks are ineffective in preventing the spread of these diseases.  Even when COVID started, I heard masks were useless.  All of a sudden, the guidelines say, wear a mask and now states, hospitals and all sorts of businesses are requiring them.   Something suspicious going on with this whole coronavirus mess.

This whole COVID mess is a way to control the populace -- lock downs, arrests, social distancing, etc., who knows what will happen once they start with the vaccines.

Logically to me it would seem that wearing a mask would help limit the spread of the virus, gloves taken off properly would also help to limit the spread of the virus.

Perhaps there aren't enough deaths in the U.S. for the CDC, DEMS and liberal globalists to accomplish their agenda -- so now COVID doesn't spread easily via surfaces??  Who knows?

One thing I am confident in, you cannot trust the CDC, WHO, nor our government on this.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 12:45:17 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.