Author Topic: Trump’s Baptism Scene  (Read 269 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump’s Baptism Scene
« on: May 19, 2020, 03:18:59 pm »
Trump’s Baptism Scene
It may be true that the wheels of justice move slowly. But right now they are moving in the right direction
Canada Free Press, May 19, 2020, Joan Swirsky

While the Corleone family of Godfather fame was the embodiment of mob life and the acquisition of money, power and prestige through criminal activity, the Trump family––in stark contrast––embodies the nose-to-the-grindstone, upward-mobility glory of the American Dream. 

Nevertheless, when I think of the fanatical, maniacal and relentless persecution, accusations, vilification, and sabotage that President Trump has experienced for the past four years at the hands of crazed Democrats––both in and out of office––the infamously stunning Baptism Scene at the end of Godfather One comes immediately to mind.

In that scene, Michael Corleone––who attended Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire, where he met his future wife Kay, and who then left college to join the U.S. Marines after the attack on Pearl Harbor––is featured in the baptism ceremony where he has been asked to be the godfather of Michael Rizzi, the infant son of his sister Connie and her husband Carlo Rizzi, in 1955.

The solemn ritual takes place in the splendiferous Old St. Patrick’s Cathedral––built in 1809––a Roman Catholic Church on Mulberry Street in New York City. It is held shortly after the funeral of Michael’s father, the powerful Don, Vito Corleone.  Before Don Vito’s death, however, he and Michael––the ordained heir to his father’s mafia fiefdom––concoct a complex plan to vanquish all their enemies.

[...]

It took years––of intrigue, treachery, heartache––for Michael Corleone to exact revenge on the Corleone family’s enemies, just as it has taken years for the truth of the betrayal of President Trump to be revealed.

But in D.C., the bad guys are usually not shot down in elevators or in a hooker’s bed. Rather, justice is worked through an Attorney General, a special prosecutor, and a handful of honest politicians.

More:  https://canadafreepress.com/article/trumps-baptism-scene

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump’s Baptism Scene
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 03:19:51 pm »
@DCPatriot   For you  888blackhat

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 03:45:45 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Smiling ear to ear, my FRiend.

I've been fixated on that scene for decades, because it can be applied to various powerful enemies.  The mainstream media has come to mind more than once, over the years.

Since I was a young man, I was drawn to Ian Fleming, Robert Ludlum.    Then, the anal-retentive Tom Clancy.

While killing your enemy may be the primary objective, it's the FEAR that, "There but for the Grace of God..." which it strikes in contemporaries and associates, that is the cherry-on-top.

+++++++++++++++++++

I hope and pray that President Trump is holding his Ace-of-Trump until Labor Day.
We all know that if the parties were reversed here, the Republican suspects would already be in custody.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 03:50:32 pm »

Hey, don’t overlook me! I was born a few miles outside Palermo, Sicily, the birthplace of La Cosa Nostra.

Listen to me. This is very important. I forgive your disrespect, now. But, it would be a shame if you met with ...unfortunate circumstances starting your car. Do we understand each other?  wink777

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 03:52:38 pm »
Hey, don’t overlook me! I was born a few miles outside Palermo, Sicily, the birthplace of La Cosa Nostra.

Listen to me. This is very important. I forgive your disrespect, now. But, it would be a shame if you met with ...unfortunate circumstances starting your car. Do we understand each other?  wink777

ROFL!!!!   :beer:   :patriot:     :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald