Author Topic: Media Must Report Truth Of Anti-Trump Spy Operation Before It’s Too Late For Them..Mollie Hemingway  (Read 341 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Media Must Report Truth Of Anti-Trump Spy Operation Before It’s Too Late For Them

As facts about the Obama administration's spying and leaking are spilling out, media have a brief window of opportunity to salvage some credibility.

By Mollie Hemingway
May 17, 2020

As new details emerge about the Obama administration’s broad spying-and-leaking campaign against the incoming Trump administration, reporters have a choice to make about whether to cover this story honestly, at long last. There is a brief window of time afforded the media to get the story right. They should take advantage of it.

Journalist Lee Smith already noted the seriousness of the problem facing legacy media after the implosion of the Russia collusion conspiracy theory they peddled. “Americans still want and need accurate information on which to base their decisions about their own lives and the path that the country should take. But neither the legacy media nor the expert class it sustains is likely to survive the post-dossier era in any recognizable form,” he wrote. “For them, Russiagate is an extinction level event.”

Many of our supposedly smart media elites are dinosaurs who are completely unaware of the asteroid headed right to them. Instead, they are doing their part in an all-hands-on-deck effort to continue pushing out Democratic talking points that got them into the mess. This week, that meant they regurgitated the Democratic claim that the Obama administration’s spying and leaking was “normal” and that to be concerned about it is nothing more than a “distraction.”

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/17/media-must-report-truth-of-anti-trump-spy-operation-before-its-too-late-for-them/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Sadly, I think the media credibility ship sailed in the 1990s. I think few MSM-folk give a @#$% about their inexorable loss of credibility, if they even acknowledge it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline aligncare

Sadly, I think the media credibility ship sailed in the 1990s. I think few MSM-folk give a @#$% about their inexorable loss of credibility, if they even acknowledge it.

If the media’s revenue stream were dependent on accuracy, they’d starve.

rangerrebew

Media Must Report Truth Of Anti-Trump Spy Operation Before It’s Too Late For Them
As facts about the Obama administration's spying and leaking are spilling out, media have a brief window of opportunity to salvage some credibility.

By Mollie Hemingway
May 17, 2020

As new details emerge about the Obama administration’s broad spying-and-leaking campaign against the incoming Trump administration, reporters have a choice to make about whether to cover this story honestly, at long last. There is a brief window of time afforded the media to get the story right. They should take advantage of it.

Journalist Lee Smith already noted the seriousness of the problem facing legacy media after the implosion of the Russia collusion conspiracy theory they peddled. “Americans still want and need accurate information on which to base their decisions about their own lives and the path that the country should take. But neither the legacy media nor the expert class it sustains is likely to survive the post-dossier era in any recognizable form,” he wrote. “For them, Russiagate is an extinction level event.”

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/17/media-must-report-truth-of-anti-trump-spy-operation-before-its-too-late-for-them/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't agree with the article's premise.  That window was just after 3/22/19 and they blew by it in spectacular style.  The press knows that train left the station a long time ago.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

I don't agree with the article's premise.  That window was just after 3/22/19 and they blew by it in spectacular style.  The press knows that train left the station a long time ago.

My problem with the writer's premise is it assumes the press still feels some fealty to the truth. They don't care. They only care about influencing the opinions of their consumers.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My problem with the writer's premise is it assumes the press still feels some fealty to the truth. They don't care. They only care about influencing the opinions of their consumers.

That's the problem with these media mega-companies.  They can easily absorb the revenue losses of the crooked news bureaus, and there is no incentive to change.  They will ignore this as well.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline goatprairie

Exactly. The press/media hasn't printed/told the truth since I started following the news almost sixty years ago.
Like I always say, it's not the lies they tell but the truth they hide.

Offline roamer_1

FAR worse than Russiagate, Wuhan.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They aren't there to tell the truth,

They are there to sell soap!

When news became news and entertainment, the focus was on the latter eventually, and news (and reporting) fell by the wayside. If you want truth, go read the Food section.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They aren't there to tell the truth,

They are there to sell soap!

When news became news and entertainment, the focus was on the latter eventually, and news (and reporting) fell by the wayside. If you want truth, go read the Food section.

The TeeBee news stations don't even care if they sell the soap.  They have other arms of the company that can sell the soap.
I will NOT comply.