Author Topic: Elderly Hollywood Celebs Push Vote by Mail for Group Led by Bill Kristol  (Read 1329 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Universal vote by mail would mean the ballots are mailed to everyone, summarily.
Snag a few here and there and pad a candidate's totals, just go check the dumpsters.
Where some people won't bother, others might, over and over.
Instead of being requested by the voter like an absentee ballot, suddenly they'd be everywhere, not so much looked for nor necessarily filled out by the people they were sent to.

:yowsa:  Game over for Trump if we go to universal vote by mail; and I think you're going to see it happen.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Right_in_Virginia

But what's the play? Absentee voting already exists.

This is part of a drumbeat that voting in person is unsafe.  California has already mailed ballots in congressional contests .... without the voter needing to ask for a mail-in/absentee ballot.

Here's what happened to some of them ... and they're ripe for harvesting:

The democrats now want both, in-person AND blanket distribution of mail-in ballots ... it's all about the drumbeat, baby, the drumbeat

Tucked inside House Democrats’ new coronavirus bill is language that would create a loophole in states’ voter ID requirements, allowing people to cast ballots without having to prove who they are.

One section of the bill would require states to allow at least 15 days of in-person early voting before Election Day this year, and to also allow voting by mail for any reason, overriding states that have more limited policies.

The new bill would also require that absentee ballots be counted if they arrive up to 10 days after Election Day.

And the legislation says that states that require voter IDs to cast a ballot must allow voters to meet the requirement by self-certifying to their own identity.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/12/democrats-coronavirus-bill-would-eliminate-states-/

Offline roamer_1

This is part of a drumbeat that voting in person is unsafe.  California has already mailed ballots in congressional contests .... without the voter needing to ask for a mail-in/absentee ballot.
[...]
The democrats now want both, in-person AND blanket distribution of mail-in ballots ... it's all about the drumbeat, baby, the drumbeat

Thanks @Right_in_Virginia   :seeya:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Universal vote by mail would mean the ballots are mailed to everyone, summarily.
Snag a few here and there and pad a candidate's totals, just go check the dumpsters.
Where some people won't bother, others might, over and over.
Instead of being requested by the voter like an absentee ballot, suddenly they'd be everywhere, not so much looked for nor necessarily filled out by the people they were sent to.

@Smokin Joe

Good explanation!

Ad those numbers to the number of fictional characters,dead people,and illegal aliens that live in a post office box or apartment building,and you have some serious numbers.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@truth_seeker

IIRC,Belefonte took that extra step,and declared himself to be a communist back in the 60's.

I like Belefonte's music, but detest his politics.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln