Author Topic: Donald Trump Responds to ‘Incompetent’ Barack Obama After Political Commencement Speech  (Read 495 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Spiering 17 May 2020

President Donald Trump on Sunday responded to implicit criticism from former President Barack Obama’s commencement speeches.

“Look, he was an incompetent president, that’s all I can say,” Trump told reporters after returning to the White House from Camp David.  “Grossly incompetent.”

Although Obama did not specifically criticize Trump in a pair of online commencement speeches on Saturday, the former president repeatedly criticized current “leaders” in the United States who “aren’t even pretending to be in charge” and “aren’t even asking the right questions.”

Instead of offering hope to graduating students, Obama was very political and even cynical in his speeches.

“Doing what feels good, what’s convenient, what’s easy, that’s what little kids think,” Obama said. “Unfortunately, a lot of so-called grownups, including some with fancy titles and important jobs, still feel that way, which is why things are so screwed up.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/17/donald-trump-responds-to-incompetent-barack-obama-after-political-commencement-speech/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mortarman

Sock Monkey doing it again. During his illegal immoral an' utterly corrupt regime he was constantly blaming his failures on his predecessor, never admitting to his own faults. Now he is attacking his successor, which the Left-wing Fascist Agenda sez is out of bounds an' unpresidential, yet the Libtards claim that President Trump is unpresidential. HEY YOU COMMIE PINKO SYMPATHIZERS!!! IF IL DOUCHE WAS WHAT YOU CALL PRESIDENTIAL, THEN ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS
WE DIDN'T ELECT PRESIDENT TRUMP TO ACT PRESIDENTIAL, WE ELECTED HIM TO BE PRESIDENT!!! NOW GET OUT OF HIS WAY AN' LET HIM BE PRESIDENT!!!

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Applewood

WE DIDN'T ELECT PRESIDENT TRUMP TO ACT PRESIDENTIAL, WE ELECTED HIM TO BE PRESIDENT!!! NOW GET OUT OF HIS WAY AN' LET HIM BE PRESIDENT!!!

Trump also was not elected to constantly pick fights with people he doesn't like or who don't like him. 

For a long time I've been tired of Trump's constant manufactured controversies.  I'm sure they entertain his fans, but I would rather he STFU and get to work.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

For a long time I've been tired of Trump's constant manufactured controversies. 

Like the Russia hoax?  Like impeachment?  Like Obama flapping his slanderous gums?

I'm sure they entertain his fans, but I would rather he STFU and get to work.

"Get to work"?  GET to work?  Have you been living under a rock these three plus years @Applewood    :pondering:

Offline Absalom

A reflection, ignoring which yapper might be right or wrong!!!
Obviously, the COVID pandemic has created a powerful negative impact on our health
as well as the economy; significantly raising the stress level across the nation.
A wise leader would both grasp this and understand that it's vital that he does what he can
to reduce this stress level, while governments combat the pandemic. So what is Trump doing?
Why using his pen and voice daily to calm and reassure the nation w/resolve; ain't he???
Er..... no, as virtually every day he's either sending another of his brain dead tweets or raging
before the media about the real or imagined shortcomings of his enemies.
Then his Fan Club is astonished that his popularity has been stuck below 50% since his first
minute in office!!! Hmm..........................

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 09:12:29 pm by Absalom »

Offline Applewood

Like the Russia hoax?  Like impeachment?  Like Obama flapping his slanderous gums?

Like his constant dredging up of the past -- Mueller, Sessions, to name two.  The impeachment is over.  Sessions resigned.  And Trump won.  He was not convicted.  But Trump just can't let go.

And about Joe Scarborough.  So they don't like each other.  So Joe was mean to Trump.  Does Trump have to dredge up a debunked conspiracy theory to throw at him? 

There is such a thing as picking one's battles.  Recently, the mayor of Atlanta accused Trump of being responsible for the killing of a black man by two white guys because of something or things Trump said.  fine.  So Trump should say to her something like, point us to where I said it's ok for white people to shoot black people.  Challenge her to produce evidence to back up her claim.  This is a battle worth fighting, and this is how you fight the battle.  Childish name calling, promoting conspiracy theories -- none of these are fighting. 

But dredging up the same old bovine excrement, constantly arguing with reporters -- it's all nonsense.  Trump and his party made plenty of promises to the voters.  But Trump in particular has wasted so much time on petty squabbles and goofing off.  He and his party could have done so much for about two years when they owned both houses of congress and the presidency.  They pissed it all away.

"Get to work"?  GET to work?  Have you been living under a rock these three plus years @Applewood    :pondering:

You keep asking me if I live under a rock.  No, I am perfectly aware of what's going on or maybe not going on.  Unfortunately, Trump supporters are the ones who don't see his failures.  They have been distracted by Trump's constant efforts to entertain them.  I guess they don't care that he's wasting time on stupid stuff just so long as he keeps them entertained. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 02:49:41 pm by Applewood »

Offline Absalom

You keep asking me if I live under a rock.  No, I am perfectly aware of what's going on maybe not going on.  Unfortunately, Trump supporters are the ones who don't see his failures.  They have been distracted by Trump's constant efforts to entertain them.  I guess they don't care that he's wasting time on stupid stuff just so long as he keeps them entertained.
--------------------------------
Sound advice that will be wasted on the deaf, dumb and blind (to reality).
The Trump Fan Club is effectively a cult of malcontents who see him as some sort of Messiah type.
If the current rumor of an open split in the GOP materializes, because of Trump, the D's will sweep
the Presidency and the Senate; driving the R's into oblivion.
The consequences of this will be grave for average Americans.

Offline Applewood

--------------------------------
Sound advice that will be wasted on the deaf, dumb and blind (to reality).
The Trump Fan Club is effectively a cult of malcontents who see him as some sort of Messiah type.
If the current rumor of an open split in the GOP materializes, because of Trump, the D's will sweep
the Presidency and the Senate; driving the R's into oblivion.
The consequences of this will be grave for average Americans.

I don't know about Trump being the messiah, but the refrain I keep hearing is that people have to vote for Trump to "save us" from  the Democrats.    Thing is, in four years I haven't seen any real evidence that Trump has "saved us" from the Democrats.  This is particularly true with regard to spending.  Trump has shown he has no problem signing off on anything that involves spending.  Should the Democrats end up controlling both houses of congress, but Trump is re-elected -- a very real possibility -- expect to see Trump revive his inner Democrat and sign any legislation congress passes.  And of course, we will hear the excuse that Trump "had to sign" these bills -- an excuse he has already used when signing spending bills.

The Republican Party has been swirling the bowl for a long time -- long before Trump ran for president in 2016.  The Trump presidency has served to shine a very bright light on the party's laziness, stupidity and incompetence.  Trump might win re-election, and Republicans in both houses of congress are trying desperately to hitch their wagons to his star in the belief doing so will allow them to hold on to the senate and regain the house.  It won't happen.  Voters are tired of having been lied to since at least 2010.  I expect to see once staunch Republican voters vote Democrat out of revenge or spite.  There is a backlash brewing and it might take down Trump and the Republicans once and for all.