Author Topic: How Much Are We Spending To Prevent One COVID-19 Death — Millions, Billions, Trillions? Nobody Knows  (Read 131 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Much Are We Spending To Prevent One COVID-19 Death — Millions, Billions, Trillions? Nobody Knows

I & I Editorial Board
May 15, 2020

I&I Editorial

“I’d say the cost of a human life, a human life is priceless. Period.”

That was Andrew Cuomo, governor of New York, arguing for stretching the economically catastrophic lockdowns into the foreseeable future. Never mind that more than 105,000 abortions were performed in New York in 2017 alone, at an average cost of about $600. Clearly, human life is not priceless.

In a world where resources are limited and everything involves a tradeoff, we are constantly making decisions that put a value on human lives. Federal regulators have even set an amount for what’s called the “value of a statistical life.” During the Obama administration, the EPA put that value at close to $10 million. Regulations that cost more than that to save one “statistical life” are seen as costing more than they’re worth.

So, the relevant question is, how much are we spending in an attempt to save someone from a COVID-19 induced death, and is it worth it?

As it stands, nobody has a clue.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2020/05/15/how-much-are-we-spending-to-prevent-one-covid-19-death-millions-billions-trillions-nobody-knows/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34