Author Topic: The 'Let's Roll' Election  (Read 307 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The 'Let's Roll' Election
« on: May 14, 2020, 01:08:53 pm »
May 14, 2020
The 'Let's Roll' Election
By J.B. Shurk

The folks at Power Line took some time to discuss the merits of a recent editorial in the Washington Post by E.J. Dionne in which he argues that Republicans may “lose it all” in November.  Dionne predicts that the “Trumpian circus-plus-horror-show” is inevitably leading to a Democrat-controlled House, Senate, and presidency.  Paul Mirengoff agrees with Dionne’s prediction but not with his reasoning, placing the cause of a potential November slaughter squarely on the perfect storm of an intensifying pandemic and economic depression that will be impossible for President Trump and Senate Republicans to withstand.  Scott Johnson acknowledges how difficult this election will be to pull out for Republicans but reminds readers that Dionne’s scribblings should be seen more as psychological warfare meant to discourage Trump voters than as unbiased and reasoned analysis.   

At the risk of sounding too dismissive of the considerable obstacles before us, I think everyone is underestimating how seriously supporters of the president view this election.  Michael Anton’s provocative “Flight 93 Election” essay captured the mood of a significant and largely voiceless group of American voters in 2016.  We went to the polls after an exhausting and abusive election season with one thing on our minds: if we had any hope of saving America, it was now or never. 

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/05/the_lets_roll_election.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: The 'Let's Roll' Election
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 01:22:13 pm »
@mystery-ak

I doubt Trump will lose.  The entire country has been hit by this virus and people know that.  They know it is not Trump's fault the virus happened and they know people needed to stay home to prevent their getting it.  I think that is a plus for his reelection.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 01:58:38 pm »
@mystery-ak

I doubt Trump will lose.  The entire country has been hit by this virus and people know that.  They know it is not Trump's fault the virus happened and they know people needed to stay home to prevent their getting it.  I think that is a plus for his reelection.

@Victoria33

The COVID-19 could have been a disaster for Trump, but the Democrats managed to damage themselves pretty badly by trying to image the President as a incompetent boob enriching his friends.  All they did was portray themselves as gleeful with every death, and rooting for the virus instead of the lives of the people.  The Democrat Governors clear demonstration of what level of tyranny they would go to in a National emergency is the icing on that cake.

I think Trump was all too willing to throw taxpayer money at the sudden financial reverses, and that's not a good look for a Republican.  However,  he most certainly wasn't just playing a Lyre while Rome burned down, as Pelosi and others tried to paint his efforts.  To a businessman, calamity always contains the seeds of opportunity.  This is no different in that regard, and whatever his failings, he's a shrewd businessman who tends to come out on top.  Just ask Merv Griffin, if that were possible.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 02:14:02 pm »
@Victoria33

This is no different in that regard, and whatever his failings, he's a shrewd businessman who tends to come out on top.  Just ask Merv Griffin, if that were possible.

Well put.  I still give a Trump victory a tad better odds than 50/50 right now.  Final results will hinge on how bad the economic news is late summer and early fall.  The dims are "all in" to ruin it, but if we do see some recovery, I do think Trump will win.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 02:19:39 pm »
Well put.  I still give a Trump victory a tad better odds than 50/50 right now.  Final results will hinge on how bad the economic news is late summer and early fall.  The dims are "all in" to ruin it, but if we do see some recovery, I do think Trump will win.

Politics ain't beanball, it's a game of optics.  The Rats are failing to see how their own actions are portraying themselves as ghouls rooting for the deaths of American citizens.  That's a really bad look, to be seen as deliberately killing people (as Cuomo and Wolf of PA arguably did) and crippling the economy for political purposes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 02:27:25 pm »
Politics ain't beanball, it's a game of optics.  The Rats are failing to see how their own actions are portraying themselves as ghouls rooting for the deaths of American citizens.  That's a really bad look, to be seen as deliberately killing people (as Cuomo and Wolf of PA arguably did) and crippling the economy for political purposes.

Its a horrible look to rational people. My question is what percentage of the voting public is still rational, I honestly do not know.

The good news is disasters like this pandemic tend to reset peoples' perspectives to something more closely resembling 'normal'.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 02:34:42 pm »
The good news is disasters like this pandemic tend to reset peoples' perspectives to something more closely resembling 'normal'.

Exactly.  Active tyranny has a way of focusing the mind.
I will NOT comply.