Author Topic: Judge invites outside parties to weigh in on Flynn case  (Read 659 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge invites outside parties to weigh in on Flynn case
« on: May 12, 2020, 10:59:02 pm »
Judge invites outside parties to weigh in on Flynn case
By Harper Neidig - 05/12/20 06:22 PM EDT

A federal judge said Tuesday that he would allow interested parties to weigh in on Michael Flynn's case, an unusual move for a criminal prosecution, after the Department of Justice (DOJ) sought to drop the charges against the former national security adviser.

Judge Emmet Sullivan of the D.C. District Court said in a brief order that "at the appropriate time, the Court will enter a Scheduling Order governing the submission of any amicus curiae briefs."

The case was upended last week when the DOJ moved to dismiss its charge against Flynn for lying to the FBI about his conversations with the Russian ambassador to the U.S. in 2016.

The lead prosecutor on the case, who had been overseeing it since Flynn first pleaded guilty to the charge in 2017, withdrew shortly before the motion was filed last Thursday.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/497447-judge-invites-outside-parties-to-weigh-in-on-flynn-case
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Judge invites outside parties to weigh in on Flynn case
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 11:01:29 pm »
This is bullshit!..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 11:06:45 pm »
This is bullshit!..

From the article:

Kravis wrote. "Prosecutors must make decisions based on facts and law, not on the defendant’s political connections. When the department takes steps that it would never take in any other case to protect an ally of the president, it betrays this principle."

Yep. Bullshit.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 11:52:19 pm »
Time to remove him from the case and the bench. This is a delay tactic, trying to stretch out Flynn's hell-on-earth as long as possible.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 12:11:49 am »
Flynn judge to allow 'amicus' submissions, delaying any immediate resolution to case
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-in-flynn-case-to-open-up-case-for-amicus-submissions
Support the USO

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
U.S. judge puts on hold Justice Department move to dismiss Flynn's guilty plea to hear outside groups' challenges
Spencer S. Hsu and Carol D. Leonnig, The Washington Post Published 6:53 pm CDT, Tuesday, May 12, 2020

WASHINGTON - A U.S. judge on Tuesday put on hold the Justice Department's move to drop charges against Michael Flynn, saying he expects independent groups and legal experts to argue against the bid to exonerate President Donald Trump's former national security adviser of lying to the FBI.
U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan of the District of Columbia said he expects individuals and organizations will seek to intervene in the politically charged case.

Sullivan's order came after the government took the highly irregular step last Thursday of reversing its stance on Flynn's charges and embracing Flynn's move to dismiss his own guilty pleas.

https://www.chron.com/news/article/U-S-judge-puts-on-hold-Justice-Department-move-15265892.php
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Do you still think this bunch doesn't have it in for Flynn, and will break any rule, disregard any authority to get him?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Do you still think this bunch doesn't have it in for Flynn, and will break any rule, disregard any authority to get him?

I am not making any judgments.  Just reporting the news.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am not making any judgments.  Just reporting the news.

Reasonable.  This has not played out all the way yet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mortarman

The judge is a Bubba the Rapist appointee, jus' sayin'.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline PeteS in CA

The Justice Department moved for dismissal because according to the necessary elements of the statute there was no crime. The judge is just trying to cause further delay by injecting open-ended irrelevancy. This judge needs to be removed from this case and removed from the bench.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline aligncare

Repeating this from the other thread:

In the trial, Judge Sullivan would not allow any—and there were many—amicus requests supporting General Flynn. So why now is he taking the unprecedented step of allowing for opposing amicus briefs after Flynn has already been declared guilty?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 04:06:38 pm by aligncare »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Justice Department moved for dismissal because according to the necessary elements of the statute there was no crime. The judge is just trying to cause further delay by injecting open-ended irrelevancy. This judge needs to be removed from this case and removed from the bench.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien