Author Topic: House coronavirus aid bill would pay off student loans  (Read 725 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House coronavirus aid bill would pay off student loans
« on: May 12, 2020, 09:54:28 pm »
House coronavirus aid bill would pay off student loans
by Susan Ferrechio
 | May 12, 2020 05:28 PM

The $3 trillion coronavirus aid package Democrats introduced Tuesday calls for the Treasury to make payments of up to $10,000 per student loan.

The proposal, which Democrats plan to vote on Friday, calls for Treasury to make student loan payments until September 2021. Any unused portion of the $10,000 would be applied to the outstanding loan balance if it’s not reached by the 2021 deadline.

Senate Democrats earlier this year proposed the cancellation of student loan payments during the coronavirus pandemic in addition to wiping out at least $10,000 in student loan debt.

The $2.2 trillion coronavirus aid package President Trump signed into law on March 28 temporarily suspends some student loan payments without interest but does not eliminate debt.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/house-coronavirus-aid-bill-would-pay-off-student-loans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: House coronavirus aid bill would pay off student loans
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 09:57:06 pm »
I hope Repubs are reading this Bill not that I expect them to vote for it anyways...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 10:00:24 pm »
I hope McConnell says its DOA.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 01:49:46 am »
They should name it diapers to death.  The government will raise you and take care of you for life bill.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 02:03:08 am »
Oh, Hell NO!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 02:10:13 am »
STOP THIS INSANITY!

"It would be an endless amount of money if we put our wish list for the future in there," Pelosi said, ....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/12/politics/3-trillion-aid-package-democrats-house/index.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 04:18:17 am »
STOP THIS INSANITY!

"It would be an endless amount of money [...]" Pelosi said, ....

It's already an endless amount of money.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 04:54:57 am »

Amen.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2020, 04:01:47 pm »
Oink!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2020, 04:21:16 pm »
$3Trillion.... $3 f'n Trillion. These bastards are insane.

Would I be wrong for  wishing  for an allegorically constructed meteor to hit Captial Hill Friday?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 04:22:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2020, 08:22:40 pm »
Why would Americans who either paid off their loans (or who never had any) be stick on the hook for paying off anyone else's student loans?

This is true wealth reallocation.

This far is above and beyond the amount of any payments people might have made (or been supposed to make) since the onset of this outbreak. Want to help those with student loans? Declare a moratorium on charging interest or penalties for late payments during the outbreak. But ten grand per student would float the banks nicely, while the American people get stuck with the tab. So, HELL NO!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 08:29:15 pm »
So, we give a 20 year old $10K to pay student loan... Wonder where that money would really go... lol
The dems are fools for asking and we are fools if we go along..

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 08:37:01 pm »
So, we give a 20 year old $10K to pay student loan... Wonder where that money would really go... lol
The dems are fools for asking and we are fools if we go along..
Either that or the money goes straight to the bank.

Which means we'd be funding another bankster bailout, because this is going to hit them hard in defaulted loans if the economic lockdown continues.

C S Lewis

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2020, 08:53:48 pm »
$3Trillion.... $3 f'n Trillion. These bastards are insane.

Would I be wrong for  wishing  for an allegorically constructed meteor to hit Captial Hill Friday?

If a meteor were to hit Capitol Hill, they'd still find a way to blame it on Trump and make taxpayers pay for it.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2020, 01:43:29 pm »
Hey, why not? The first relief package worked so well:
Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta star Maurice Fayne is arrested for 'using a $2million PPP coronavirus loan to buy a Rolex, lease a Rolls Royce and pay child support instead of retaining workers

Maurice Fayne, 37, aka Arkansas Mo, requested a loan of $3m and received $2m
    The reality TV star appeared on VH1 show 'Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta' in 2019
    In his application, Fayne said he employed 107 workers - costing $1.49million
    He spent the money on child support, a Rolex Presidential, a 5.73 carat diamond ring, and even leased a 2019 Rolls Royce Wraith

By Ryan Fahey For Mailonline and Associated Press
Published: 19:34 EDT, 13 May 2020 | Updated: 05:27 EDT, 14 May 2020   ...

Story at Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2020, 02:36:02 pm »
This is a FANTASTIC idea!  Pay off my house and car as well while they are at it.  Money is falling from the sky I tell you.  It's Christmas!

/S

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2020, 02:52:01 pm »
And they expected what? Twenty dollar an hour jobs for homeless unwed mothers?

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2020, 05:15:52 pm »
We iz da wurld.......

We iz da peep-pulls.......
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2020, 05:20:18 pm »

@roamer_1

That's the problem. Who amongst us can even visualize $3 Trillion? It is so unimaginable that it makes no difference if you double it to 6 trillion,because it can't POSSIBLY be "real".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2020, 05:21:53 pm »
Why would Americans who either paid off their loans (or who never had any) be stick on the hook for paying off anyone else's student loans?

@Smokin Joe

Because the Dims need to buy those votes to remain in power.

Frankly,I'm surprised you have to ask.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2020, 05:24:14 pm »
Hey, why not? The first relief package worked so well:
Story at Daily Mail

@mountaineer

HEY! Homie gotta be represen-in!

Cut him some slack!