Author Topic: Schumer: We Should Have ‘Several’ Coronavirus Oversight Hearings a Day  (Read 395 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ian Hanchett 12 May 2020

During a speech on the Senate floor on Monday, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) argued that there should be coronavirus oversight hearings in Congress “several” times a day and such hearings “should occur in every committee, every week.”

Schumer said, “We should be holding multiple, serious oversight hearings every week. Several of my colleagues on the other side, including the Republican leader, have said they want to see how the legislation we’ve already passed is working before doing anything else. At the same time, the Republican majority is slow-walking the hearing process. Finally, after a lot of Democratic pressure from myself and many others, the leader is sort of eking out week-by-week hearings. We’ve just heard we’ll hear from Powell and Mnuchin on the 19th. That will be almost two months after a bill that let $4 trillion of lending authority be released before there’s a hearing. Why didn’t we hold a hearing 3 weeks ago? 5 weeks ago? Last week? It’s just outrageous. … Now, tomorrow, in the HELP Committee, there will be a hearing conducted remotely with Dr. Fauci. This is the kind of hearing we need. Not once a week, but several a day. The American people need to hear from experts in a fair, open, and truthful setting.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/05/12/schumer-we-should-have-several-coronavirus-oversight-hearings-a-day/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He's raving, and thinks this would damage Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

Red meat for the base

That's all
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

He's raving, and thinks this would damage Trump.

Hammering a lie day after day is a proven rat tactic.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hammering a lie day after day is a proven rat tactic.

I'm sure McConnell will play along with Chunk.

:sarc:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

I'm sure McConnell will play along with Chunk.

:sarc:

If he does we'll hear his sound bites along with Chunk's. If not, we won't.