Author Topic: Unanimous Supreme Court rebukes 9th Circuit on immigration law  (Read 296 times)

rangerrebew

Unanimous Supreme Court rebukes 9th Circuit on immigration law

By Christopher Vondracek - The Washington Times - Thursday, May 7, 2020

A unanimous Supreme Court on Thursday struck down a ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit that had overturned the conviction of a woman accused of profiting from illegal immigration.

What’s more, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg rebuked the historically liberal 9th Circuit, writing in the court’s opinion that the 9th Circuit had “departed … drastically” from legal precedent in its ruling last year.

A federal court in California convicted a woman of several felonies for profiting from filing illegal immigration documents with the U.S. Department of Labor on behalf of workers in the home health care industry.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/7/unanimous-supreme-court-rebukes-9th-circuit-immigr/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Unanimous Supreme Court rebukes 9th Circuit on immigration law
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 03:44:52 pm »
Excellent!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Unanimous Supreme Court rebukes 9th Circuit on immigration law
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 04:10:45 pm »
Yes. Yes, it is.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis