Author Topic: Trump says he learned a lot from Nixon: 'Don't fire people' (The Hill)  (Read 583 times)

Online corbe

Trump says he learned a lot from Nixon: 'Don't fire people'

By Brett Samuels - 05/08/20 08:35 AM EDT

President Trump on Friday said he "learned a lot from Richard Nixon" as he reflected on his handling of the Russia investigation.

"I learned a lot from Richard Nixon. Don’t fire people," Trump said during a phone interview with "Fox & Friends.

"I learned a lot. I study history," he continued. "And the firing of everybody — I should’ve in one way, but I’m glad I didn’t, because look at the way it turned out. They’re all a bunch of crooks and they got caught."

"Of course there was one difference, one big difference," Trump went on. "Number one, he may have been guilty. And number two, he had tapes all over the place. I wasn’t guilty. I did nothing wrong, and there are no tapes. But I wish there were tapes in my case."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/496758-trump-says-he-learned-a-lot-from-nixon-dont-fire-people
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Slide Rule

Trump says he learned a lot from Nixon: 'Don't fire people'

By Brett Samuels - 05/08/20 08:35 AM EDT

President Trump on Friday said he "learned a lot from Richard Nixon" as he reflected on his handling of the Russia investigation.

"I learned a lot from Richard Nixon. Don’t fire people," Trump said during a phone interview with "Fox & Friends.

"I learned a lot. I study history," he continued. "And the firing of everybody — I should’ve in one way, but I’m glad I didn’t, because look at the way it turned out. They’re all a bunch of crooks and they got caught."

"Of course there was one difference, one big difference," Trump went on. "Number one, he may have been guilty. And number two, he had tapes all over the place. I wasn’t guilty. I did nothing wrong, and there are no tapes. But I wish there were tapes in my case."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/496758-trump-says-he-learned-a-lot-from-nixon-dont-fire-people

"I wish there were tapes in my case."

Ah. A little bait to waste political opponents time.

Of course, Trump could be saying it truthfully, or ...

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
machen Amerika wieder groß
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 03:15:29 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

"I wish there were tapes in my case."

Ah. A little bait to waste political opponents time.

Of course, Trump could be saying it truthfully, or ...

All he has to do is ask the Democrats. No doubt they have some.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis