Author Topic: Nikki Haley stokes anger at China to build 2024 election support  (Read 589 times)

Offline corbe

Nikki Haley stokes anger at China to build 2024 election support

by David M. Drucker

May 07, 2020 12:00 AM

Nikki Haley is seizing on heightened suspicion of China inside the Republican Party to assemble an army of grassroots supporters, marking another key expansion of her political footprint in anticipation of a 2024 presidential bid.

Haley is asking people to sign a petition urging Congress to get tough with “communist China” amid rising criticism of Beijing’s questionable handling of the coronavirus in the weeks after the virus emerged in Wuhan. The issue aligns with a hawkish foreign policy Haley promoted at the United Nations, and since leaving President Trump’s cabinet, she has emphasized confronting China’s authoritarian regime.

Republican voters are increasingly anxious about China’s intentions and global influence. Haley’s petition is unlikely to be the factor that pushes Congress to crack down on Beijing. But as the pandemic persists and its devastating impact on public health and the economy unfolds, the exercise allows Haley to elevate her profile on a critical national security issue and steadily build a list of supporters that the former South Carolina governor could tap to fuel a presidential campaign.

“What are you going to do with a petition? The reality is, she’s building a list,” said Ed Rollins, a veteran Republican strategist who runs a pro-Trump super PAC.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/nikki-haley-stokes-anger-at-china-to-build-2024-election-support
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Nikki Haley stokes anger at China to build 2024 election support
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 04:53:58 pm »
"Stokes anger at China"? "To build 2024 election support"?

Seriously? A look at the January and early February pronouncements (see my link below) of China and its WHO-Parrot would probably make even some Never-Trumpers furious at China and its spokes-parrot!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 05:07:20 pm »
The Examiner has really gone downhill this past year.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 05:37:20 pm »
Sen Cruz is also staking out a "tough on China" position.

How about Cruz-Haley?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 07:38:00 pm »
Sen Cruz is also staking out a "tough on China" position.

How about Cruz-Haley?

Cruz a good possibility but NEVER Mittens in a skirt anywhere near the WH. 9999hair out0000

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 09:35:33 pm »
"Stokes anger at China"? "To build 2024 election support"?

Seriously? A look at the January and early February pronouncements (see my link below) of China and its WHO-Parrot would probably make even some Never-Trumpers furious at China and its spokes-parrot!

More telling than the lies, and cover-up, and fact enough that independent of everything else China has done, it should make every nation on the face of th earth treat China as a pariah for a generation, or until it has an elected government that does not claim its legitimacy from the CCP, is this:  China allowed international flights to and from Wuhan after they closed all domestic travel between Hubei (the province containing Wuhan) and other provinces of China.  The closing off of travel with the rest of China is proof they knew human-to-human transmission was happening with an R-value sufficient that it would cause an epidemic.  Not-closing off international travel is proof they wanted the epidemic, if it was going to happen, to be a pandemic.  This is the bloody-minded full-Communist version of "never let a good crisis go to waste".
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 09:41:26 pm »
"Cruz-Haley"???   Are you kidding me?

Nope...gotta be 'Haley-Cruz'

Cruz-Haley sounds like a wing at the local Hospice.

@truth_seeker    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 10:27:57 pm »
"Cruz-Haley"???   Are you kidding me?

Nope...gotta be 'Haley-Cruz'

Cruz-Haley sounds like a wing at the local Hospice.

@truth_seeker    :laugh:

I want some good gals to get recognition. Elise Stefanic. Pam Biondi. Marsha Blackkwell. Nikki Haley.

Etc.

The leading Republican to retake my lost House seat is a smart Korean American woman named Michelle Steele.

I like smart capable women.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 04:33:43 am »
Pretty desperate when your best hopes for election are based on China rage.  Not saying I am not enraged at them over COVID, but it isn't the silver lining in the election.  Well if it is then keep closed track of Trump and his further negotiations with China in the next few months.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline MOD3

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 02:57:55 pm »
@Chosen Daughter the subjects of this thread are Nikki Haley and the 2024 election for which Trump will likely be ineligible. Don't try to divert discussion to Trump.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 03:05:41 pm »
Under our Constitution, Ted Cruz is ineligible for the offices of president and vice president and unless Nikki's parent were both citizens at the time of her birth, so is she.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 03:11:03 pm »
Under our Constitution, Ted Cruz is ineligible for the offices of president and vice president and unless Nikki's parent were both citizens at the time of her birth, so is she.

Every time Ms. Haley's name pops up for POTUS consideration, I have to remind everyone of her strong stance and success of  removing the CBF from Captiol Grounds (July 9, 2015).  I will not vote for her under any condition. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/confederate-flag-furor/gov-haley-sign-bill-removing-confederate-flag-n389231
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 03:22:17 pm »
Every time Ms. Haley's name pops up for POTUS consideration, I have to remind everyone of her strong stance and success of  removing the CBF from Captiol Grounds (July 9, 2015).  I will not vote for her under any condition. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/confederate-flag-furor/gov-haley-sign-bill-removing-confederate-flag-n389231

That's a bit of a deal-breaker for me too.  She caved.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker