Author Topic: Republicans worry about national debt after coronavirus costs explode  (Read 391 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans worry about national debt after coronavirus costs explode
by Nihal Krishan
 | May 06, 2020 11:44 AM

After joining with Democrats to rush trillions out the door to counteract the effects of the pandemic, some Republicans are now saying that they are back to worrying about deficits — most prominently, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

"We haven't had much discussion about adding $2.7 trillion to the national debt, and the way that could indeed also threaten the future of the country," the Kentucky Republican said in a recent radio appearance.

Democrats disagree and are seeking an additional $1 trillion in relief aid for state and local governments.

McConnell, though, has said he only wants the federal government to help states with "expenses that are directly related to the coronavirus outbreak,” not wanting to help them ”fix age-old problems that they haven't had the courage to fix in the past,” such as shoring up troubled pension funds. McConnell has even expressed an openness to allowing states to go bankrupt instead of giving them federal relief, a controversial opinion that received pushback from some Republicans.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/republicans-worry-about-national-debt-after-coronavirus-costs-explode
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

Better late than never............

...........I suppose.

My guess is they won't worry a lot or for very long.

They haven't yet.

Offline Night Hides Not

...........I suppose.

They haven't yet.

I can’t explain it, considering we’re 35 days removed from April Fools Day. The
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline LegalAmerican

Republicans worry about national debt after coronavirus costs explode
by Nihal Krishan
 | May 06, 2020 11:44 AM

After joining with Democrats to rush trillions out the door to counteract the effects of the pandemic, some Republicans are now saying that they are back to worrying about deficits — most prominently, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

"We haven't had much discussion about adding $2.7 trillion to the national debt, and the way that could indeed also threaten the future of the country," the Kentucky Republican said in a recent radio appearance.

Democrats disagree and are seeking an additional $1 trillion in relief aid for state and local governments.

McConnell, though, has said he only wants the federal government to help states with "expenses that are directly related to the coronavirus outbreak,” not wanting to help them ”fix age-old problems that they haven't had the courage to fix in the past,” such as shoring up troubled pension funds. McConnell has even expressed an openness to allowing states to go bankrupt instead of giving them federal relief, a controversial opinion that received pushback from some Republicans.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/republicans-worry-about-national-debt-after-coronavirus-costs-explode

McConnell is a RINO.  He didn't worry when we went 8 years without a budget under Osama. He didn't worry when Osama was spending like a drunken sailor.  Now he wants to 'ride' the fence ..again.  Make himself look like, 'he cares'. I loathe that man. Same, as all professional politicians.  Speaks from both sides of his mouth.  'Worry"?  182 countries 'shut down'.
world wide!  Now, they 'worry'?  Azzholes.  Not one ANTI-TRUMP..citizen is returning their 'Virus money'.  ALL HOT AIR BY POLITICIANS.  They need to give themselves a PAY CUT!  Just received another raise in one of these BILLS. MOST are millionaires.  What RAISE DID THEY DESERVE?   

Offline bilo

...........I suppose.

They haven't yet.

I don't think they are really concerned. It's a tactic to stop the Rats in the House from loading up a bill with all their typical garbage in it. The Pubs will just say, "we just don't have the money".
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Worry? It's game over.

Even at current borrowing rates, we are rapidly approaching interest costs equal to 20% of current receipts.

We are not going to pass this to our grandkids. We are going to pay the consequences of it right damn now.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Huh?  That ship sailed.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.