Author Topic: Pennsylvania woman jailed for refusing to quarantine after positive coronavirus test, officials say  (Read 713 times)

Offline Applewood

Pennsylvania woman jailed for refusing to quarantine after positive coronavirus test, officials say

Erie County President Judge John Trucilla ordered that the woman be kept on electronic monitoring at home for at least a week after she spent a night in jail Friday for repeatedly violating her isolation order, the Erie Times-News reported.
The woman reportedly cried throughout the emergency proceeding as she appeared via a video call from the Erie County Prison, according to the news outlet. She told Trucilla that she did not understand a letter she signed on April 29 saying the county could take legal action if she did not self-isolate.

“I want to explain from the bottom of my heart that I apologize,” she told the judge, according to the Times-News. “It was a mistake. I’ve learned from my actions. I want to go home

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/496234-pennsylvania-woman-jailed-for-refusing-to-quarantine-after

Anyone wanna bet she violates house arrest?  LOL

Offline libertybele

The potential for abuse here is enormous.  They could come and jail anyone and proclaim that they are refusing quarantine.  A good majority of us have been under house arrest...no one is going to question the situation until more and more people start to be put in jail for failure to quarantine. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

The potential for abuse here is enormous.  They could come and jail anyone and proclaim that they are refusing quarantine.  A good majority of us have been under house arrest...no one is going to question the situation until more and more people start to be put in jail for failure to quarantine.

Well, this woman tested positive and she had symptoms, so she had been ordered to stay home.  Under the circumstances, I would say law enforcement made the right call. 

She claims she didn't understand the letter she received ordering her quarantine.  What part of "stay home or you're going to jail"  didn't she understand?

But yes, we have to be on guard against the fascists who would turn a recommendation to stay home into a requirement and haul our backsides to jail if we don't comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

Let her go.  Most people won't come down with anything.  BUILD UP YOUR ANTI-BODIES. 

Offline Applewood

@Right_in_Virginia

I believe there is a separate thread for the Texas case.  The subject of this thread is quite different.  This woman in PA tested positive for COVID 19 and had symptoms.  Going out and spreading her disease in defiance of the quarantine imposed upon her was selfishness on her part.

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

I believe there is a separate thread for the Texas case.  The subject of this thread is quite different.  This woman in PA tested positive for COVID 19 and had symptoms.  Going out and spreading her disease in defiance of the quarantine imposed upon her was selfishness on her part.

Thank you ... you're right.  I'll move the posts.   happy77  @Applewood

Offline Applewood

Thank you ... you're right.  I'll move the posts.   happy77  @Applewood

Ok. but you don't have to move the posts on my account.  I just wanted to make you aware of the separate thread in case you didn't know.   :beer: