Author Topic: Trump names terms for next coronavirus bill, says no 'bailing out poorly run' states  (Read 723 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump names terms for next coronavirus bill, says no 'bailing out poorly run' states

By Adam Shaw | Fox News

President Trump on Tuesday laid out what he wants “on the table” for the next round of economic stimulus -- calling for the elimination of “sanctuary” city policies, as well as cuts to payroll and capital gains taxes while arguing that the coronavirus must not be used to bail out “poorly run” states.

“Well run States should not be bailing out poorly run States, using CoronaVirus as the excuse!” Trump tweeted. “The elimination of Sanctuary Cities, Payroll Taxes, and perhaps Capital Gains Taxes, must be put on the table. Also lawsuit indemnification & business deductions for restaurants & ent [sic].”

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-sanctuary-cities-tax-cuts-on-the-table-coronavirus-reponse

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

How about let's not bail out any state or anyone or anything else, period. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FTA

But Democrats will also likely have initial demands of their own. In addition to the $500 billion -- and possibly up to $1 trillion -- for state and local government aid, Pelosi has suggested a guaranteed minimum income.

“Let’s see what works, what is operational, and what needs other attention? Others have suggested a minimum income, a guaranteed income for people. Is that worthy of attention now? Perhaps so,” she said.

This biotch is eating too much ice cream ... her brain's frozen.

How about let's not bail out any state ....

This is what the President is saying @Applewood -- the poorly run states are the ones asking for a bailout.  POTUS has said no bailouts for deficits due to high spending and/or sanctuary state/city status; or for state pensions due to poor planning and administration.

But there will be federal assistance to state governments of some sort for expenses directly stemming from the coronavirus.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 11:14:20 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LMAO

These governor’s that are asking for money to help bail  out there failed pension systems  must have testicles the size of Jupiter

They’ve had years to address this issue
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

Trump will sign what Mitch gives him, he always does. Mitch, how depressing is that, is the only one standing between US and this further Madness.

BOHICA
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

Good!   Some people think POTUS talks about himself. I JUST DON'T HEAR IT OR SEE IT.  Here is another example of him thanking people, giving others credit...all the time. Nothing new for him to do that.   I don't get how some can post about him blowing his own horn. He always uses the word WE, OUR ADM.  Once in a blue moon when he is asked direct from 'reporters" he may say, 'I', RARE.   I need to start counting how many times he says...THANK YOU!  Scroll across.  Many small snippet's . The one I am talking about is about 1;20  opps, forgot to post it. "Thank you very much'.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 11:36:16 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

Excellent president comment.  RIGHT ON! 
------------------
“Well run States should not be bailing out poorly run States, using CoronaVirus as the excuse!” Trump tweeted. “The elimination of Sanctuary Cities, Payroll Taxes, and perhaps Capital Gains Taxes, must be put on the table. Also lawsuit indemnification & business deductions for restaurants & ent [sic].”=ARTICLE

Offline Applewood

This is what the President is saying @Applewood -- the poorly run states are the ones asking for a bailout.  POTUS has said no bailouts for deficits due to high spending and/or sanctuary state/city status; or for state pensions due to poor planning and administration.

But there will be federal assistance to state governments of some sort for expenses directly stemming from the coronavirus.

I hear ya @Right_in_Virginia   I've just had enough of our elected officials throwing gobs of money at everyone and anyone with a hand outstretched. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How about let's not bail out any state or anyone or anything else, period.

@Applewood

Ya gotta start somewhere.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

I hear ya @Right_in_Virginia   I've just had enough of our elected officials throwing gobs of money at everyone and anyone with a hand outstretched.

NY "leaders" are starting to squeal like pigs.  Is it wrong that I'm starting to enjoy it?  @Applewood

Offline Applewood

NY "leaders" are starting to squeal like pigs.  Is it wrong that I'm starting to enjoy it?  @Applewood

@Right_in_Virginia   LOL  Knock yourself out.

I haven't heard for sure, but I wonder if my state, PA, is looking for a bailout too.  Some of the highest taxes in the land and PA is always in dire financial straits.  COVID19 would just be the latest whine, whine, whine for this governor, although past governors, Republican or Democrat, were no better.

Offline corbe

Trump wants to borrow Trillions from the Fed for his 'interest free' infrastructure boondoggle bill, (haven't we just seen that about 'shovel ready' jobs?),
   Back on Topic, his Screw the States philosophy is USDA Prime right now for his base in a time of Beef shortages,  I can't say I blame him, I get screwed either way.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline The_Reader_David

Trump is, as happens about 70% of the time, right in his instincts.  Unfortunately I suspect, as happens about 70% of the time, his course of action based on those instincts will be severely suboptimal.  (No it's not the same 70% of the time, sometimes his good instincts coincide with a good course of action, cf. judicial appointments, sometimes he's off on both, cf. throwing the Kurds under the proverbial bus, sometimes he comes up with a sensible course of action for a problem that doesn't really need to be solved.)

He's right that poorly run states should not get bailouts on the basis of the crisis created by the pandemic. However, every state, even the best run, are facing severe budget short-falls due to the collapse in economic activity and thus tax revenues, which cannot, as can be done at the Federal level, be papered over with borrowing, as almost all (I think all but one, if I recall correctly) have balanced budget requirements in their constitutions.   State government (and local governments, which are their creatures) are the primary residuum of police powers, public health powers, education, prisons and parole officers, fish and wildlife management, and a host of local services.  Having them all suddenly unable to fund those activities will be a disaster.  So, how to bail out the states without rewarding the profligacy on the coasts?  Peg the amount to the per capita shortfall in the state with the smallest per capita shortfall, and scale it by the population of the state -- have the OMB (or CBO) run the numbers based on publicly available data, not what the states claim so the profligate can't try to game the system.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I do hope that Trump keeps this up.  It invites more scrutiny of him, his family, his financial business.  His banking information...…….etc.  How many times did Trump file for bankruptcies?

Talking about poorly run look at the trillions he has added to the deficit.  And I read that the first two people who tried to defraud the PPP plan have been arrested.  There will be more.

And all those Democrats who attend Trump rallies.... Perhaps they will be parting ways with Trump.  I predict that he won't last until 2020.  Because you can only take so much from the hypocritical ass.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LegalAmerican

Trump is, as happens about 70% of the time, right in his instincts.  Unfortunately I suspect, as happens about 70% of the time, his course of action based on those instincts will be severely suboptimal.  (No it's not the same 70% of the time, sometimes his good instincts coincide with a good course of action, cf. judicial appointments, sometimes he's off on both, cf. throwing the Kurds under the proverbial bus, sometimes he comes up with a sensible course of action for a problem that doesn't really need to be solved.)

He's right that poorly run states should not get bailouts on the basis of the crisis created by the pandemic. However, every state, even the best run, are facing severe budget short-falls due to the collapse in economic activity and thus tax revenues, which cannot, as can be done at the Federal level, be papered over with borrowing, as almost all (I think all but one, if I recall correctly) have balanced budget requirements in their constitutions.   State government (and local governments, which are their creatures) are the primary residuum of police powers, public health powers, education, prisons and parole officers, fish and wildlife management, and a host of local services.  Having them all suddenly unable to fund those activities will be a disaster.  So, how to bail out the states without rewarding the profligacy on the coasts?  Peg the amount to the per capita shortfall in the state with the smallest per capita shortfall, and scale it by the population of the state -- have the OMB (or CBO) run the numbers based on publicly available data, not what the states claim so the profligate can't try to game the system.

I disagree with your post.  No Kurds were thrown under the bus. There are many factions of KURDS and some as bad as ISSI or worse. You have listened to LEFT media for that part of your post. I support his decisions. Time for us to get out of the middle of Middle East;  same fighting for century's. It would NEVER stop your way or left medias talk.   POTUS is also 97% correct in his decisions. He is a very good CEO.  He is POTUS..you are not.  Most of you on here think, he needs your advise. WWW.MAGAPILL.COM  SMH

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I disagree with your post.  No Kurds were thrown under the bus. There are many factions of KURDS and some as bad as ISSI or worse. You have listened to LEFT media for that part of your post. I support his decisions. Time for us to get out of the middle of Middle East;  same fighting for century's. It would NEVER stop your way or left medias talk.   POTUS is also 97% correct in his decisions. He is a very good CEO.  He is POTUS..you are not.  Most of you on here think, he needs your advise. WWW.MAGAPILL.COM  SMH

That is simply not true.  I challenge you to find reports that Kurds are as bad as ISIS.  Our own military worked side by side with them to eliminate ISIS.  More fake news.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Trump  .... instincts coincide with a good course of action, sometimes he's off ...throwing the Kurds under the proverbial bus

This is tiresome @The_Reader_David  The Kurds (pick your sect and location) are a thousand year old band of mercenaries who would just as soon fight along side a Klingon as an American.  When our interests dovetail we fight together. And when the fighting ends the Kurds have made out like bandits in military training and munitions.  Under no circumstance do we "owe" them anything. 

He's right that poorly run states should not get bailouts on the basis of the crisis created by the pandemic. However, every state, even the best run, are facing severe budget short-falls due to the collapse in economic activity ...

Actually, the administration is working with Congress to come up with an equitable calculation to provide federal assistance for losses due to the coronavirus--only.  State shortfalls from prior to the CV, including those from pension shortfalls, sanctuary costs and overspending are to be excluded. They're in no rush ... but it's being worked on.

This will be a major battle with the democrats.  I suspect if the democrats dig in their heels for more money or any gifts from their Christmas wish list ---  the President will walk away from the table.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 04:46:20 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LegalAmerican

Money for black colleges,  yet they call him names.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

That is simply not true.  I challenge you to find reports that Kurds are as bad as ISIS.

@Chosen Daughter

Ahhh,the old "All Mexicans are alike" argument!

Gonna LOVE hearing you explain this one.

Our own military worked side by side with them to eliminate ISIS.

I hate to break it to you,but our military work alongside of whoever the Commander in Chief TELLS them to work with,and telling ONE tribal group of Kurds does NOT mean you are working with EVERY group of Kurds.
More fake news.

HEY! YOU are the one blindly following the media reports or you wouldn't be claiming all Kurdish people have the same beliefs and the same goals.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!