Author Topic: 7 people accuse Oregon lawmaker of sexual harassment, creating hostile work environment  (Read 332 times)

Online mountaineer

7 people accuse Oregon lawmaker of sexual harassment, creating hostile work environment
The Interim House Conduct Committee voted to require Rep. Diego Hernandez to give 24 hours notice before arriving for work.
Author: Stephanie Villiers
Updated: 10:46 PM PDT May 4, 2020
SALEM, Ore. — Seven people have accused Oregon state Rep. Diego Hernandez (D-Portland) of sexual harassment or creating a hostile work environment.

The Interim House Conduct Committee decided Monday to implement safety measures against Rep. Hernandez. Those include no-contact orders with any of the accusers and requiring Rep. Hernandez to give 24 hours notice before arriving at the Capitol.

Legislative Equity Officer Jackie Sandmeyer said their office received two separate reports about Rep. Hernandez from mandatory reporters, who could be either lawmakers or legislative staff supervisors, as well as five other confidential reports.

Sandmeyer said the accusations include verbal and physical sexual harassment. Other details have not been released because the investigation is still ongoing. ...

Rep. Hernandez took a leave of absence from the Legislature after domestic violence allegations against him were made public earlier this year. ...
More at KGW

Democrat from Portland.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Nice LGBT flag, Diego. Apparently, he's trying the "vast right wing conspiracy" defense, or something:
“I have no idea what the concerns raised are or by whom,” he wrote. “I do know that there has been an organized campaign against me recently to get me out of the office I was duly elected to, and I was threatened this would happen if I didn’t resign.”
Oregonian
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org