Author Topic: Senate Democrats demand 'huge' bailout bill for states  (Read 302 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Democrats demand 'huge' bailout bill for states
« on: May 05, 2020, 09:33:31 pm »
 washingtonexaminer.com
Senate Democrats demand 'huge' bailout bill for states
by Susan Ferrechio  | May 05, 2020 04:56 PM

Senate Democrats are demanding that the Republican majority agree to a fourth federal spending bill that would supply $1 trillion to state and local governments suffering from lower revenues due to the coronavirus.

“The state and local governments need huge amounts of money,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer told reporters in the Capitol on Tuesday.

Schumer criticized a plan by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to postpone consideration of new federal spending in order to assess the distribution and effectiveness of billions in federal aid already signed into law. A prior spending measure allocated $150 billion to state and local governments, but Democrats say it’s far too little.

“If Leader McConnell thinks they can wait, he should talk to some Republican governors, as well as Democratic ones," the New York Democrat said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/senate-democrats-demand-huge-bailout-bill-for-states
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Senate Democrats demand 'huge' bailout bill for states
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 09:43:34 pm »
“If Leader McConnell thinks they can wait, he should talk to some Republican governors, as well as Democratic ones," the New York Democrat said.

I would bet he has.

It's nice to see Trump and McConnell on the same page. NY., IL., and CA. should not be bailed out by States that have been fiscally prudent. If the Fed. govt. bails them out all we will get is more of the same.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 10:28:22 pm »
I just want to see St. Andrew cry like a little girl. 

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 08:13:57 am »
No more bailouts.  PERIOD!!!!!!!!!

Let them restore their revenue sources.  We are NOT in the position we were in at the beginning of the year.  Protect the most vulnerable and restore normal living.

Time for NY, CA et al to cut their absurd spending.  Need help with that, I am and many unemployed consultants can come in and point out billions of savings in no time!!!