Author Topic: Illinois Town Tells Shoppers to 'Tip Their Mask' to Prevent 'Racial Bias'  (Read 484 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/stacey-lennox/2020/05/04/tipping-your-mask-to-prevent-confusion-and-racial-bias-is-not-an-effective-public-policy-n387843

Illinois Town Tells Shoppers to 'Tip Their Mask' to Prevent 'Racial Bias'
BY STACEY LENNOX MAY 04, 2020 10:40 AM EST
It turns out Surgeon General Vice Admiral Jerome Adams was probably right. Masks don’t help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Not because barrier protections don’t help stop disease transmission. Medical professionals use them with good effect all the time. ... medical professionals and first responders are trained in their use. The general public is not.

... Governor J.B. Pritzker has made masks mandatory in Illinois effective May 1. In response to this, one community has decided to politicize the order and is putting out the following guidance:

... Governor J.B. Pritzker is mandating Illinois residents wear them starting May 1st, ... . However, for some communities, that causes anxiety. The Village of a Thousand Elders is creating a safety initiative called “Tip Your Mask” to help prevent confusion and racial biases.

“Tip Your Mask” is in coordination with various police departments in Illinois. When you go into a store or building, you’re now asked to “tip your mask” by lowering it slightly so the business owner can see your face.

As someone trained in the use of PPE this made my head ache. Then I saw the poster that accompanies the program.

(picture showing mask "tipped" below the wearer's nose and mouth)

How exactly this would alleviate racial biases or "anxieties", I don't get. But one need not be an expert in PPE usage to recognize that a mask "tipped" as the picture shows may as well not be there.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

Just when you thought it couldn't get any crazier!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This gave me a flat spot on my forehead, from slapping it so much.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: