Author Topic: Ohio governor says now-reversed face mask mandate was 'a bridge too far'  (Read 431 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ohio governor says now-reversed face mask mandate was 'a bridge too far'
By Justine Coleman - 05/03/20 09:38 AM EDT

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine (R) said Sunday that a now-reversed mandate for everyone, including customers, to wear face masks at businesses during the coronavirus pandemic was “a bridge too far.”

“It became very clear to me after we put out the order that everyone in retail who walked into a store as a customer would have to do that, it became clear to me that that was just a bridge too far,” he said on ABC's "This Week." “People were not going to accept the government telling them what to do.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/495847-ohio-governor-says-his-now-reversed-face-mask-mandate-was-a-bridge
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Ohio governor says now-reversed face mask mandate was 'a bridge too far'
By Justine Coleman - 05/03/20 09:38 AM EDT

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine (R) said Sunday that a now-reversed mandate for everyone, including customers, to wear face masks at businesses during the coronavirus pandemic was “a bridge too far.”

“It became very clear to me after we put out the order that everyone in retail who walked into a store as a customer would have to do that, it became clear to me that that was just a bridge too far,” he said on ABC's "This Week." “People were not going to accept the government telling them what to do.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/495847-ohio-governor-says-his-now-reversed-face-mask-mandate-was-a-bridge
*****rollingeyes*****

Offline musiclady

He made it clear that, though the vast majority of Ohioans have complied with the orders and suggestions (and rightly so), there was a significant backlash to this one so he reversed it.

Throughout this process DeWine has been listening to business owners, manufacturers, the medical community, and the people.... both in the shut downs, and in the ways to open things back up.  He has been attacked from both sides, some saying things should open up right away, some saying things are moving far too fast.

Protests have been permitted, churches have not been closed (though most pastors have been considerate and loving enough to stop mass gatherings), but lives have been saved because of the cooperation of intelligent, freedom-loving Ohioans.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.