Author Topic: Gallup: Trump surges to approval high, best ever OK from independents  (Read 740 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gallup: Trump surges to approval high, best ever OK from independents
by Paul Bedard
 | May 01, 2020 09:10 AM

President Trump’s roller coaster approval ratings are back to their all-time high, this time thanks to the record support of independents, a group he needs to win reelection but has struggled with.

The latest Gallup survey found that 49% of adults approve of the president’s job, up from 43% two weeks ago. Trump has never crossed 49% in the Gallup survey.

The pop came despite crushing media criticism of his fight against the coronavirus and push to reopen the economy.

But it also came as the stock market was signaling support, and many in the United States joined with his call to get the U.S. back to work.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/gallup-trump-surges-to-approval-high-best-ever-ok-from-independents
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Hilarious.

These polls are ridiculous, but this has got to be driving the progressives insane.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Impossible.  Members have posted a half-dozen polls indicating support for the President is plunging to new lows.  Who is this "Gallup" person, anyway? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Adults? Registered voters? Likely voters? party breakdown?

Remember when journalisrs, readers included such parameters?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 01:54:21 pm »
Washington Examiner, May 1, 2020

The latest Gallup survey found that 49% of adults approve of the president’s job, up from 43% two weeks ago. Trump has never crossed 49% in the Gallup survey.

The pop came despite crushing media criticism of his fight against the coronavirus and push to reopen the economy.

But it also came as the stock market was signaling support, and many in the United States joined with his call to get the country back to work.

Trump campaign deputy press secretary Sarah Matthews told Secrets, "Americans want to see their president out front and leading in a time of crisis, and that’s exactly what President Trump is doing. He understands these are challenging times for the American people, which is why he has left no stone unturned and unleashed an unprecedented, whole of America approach to defeat this virus."

Helping Trump, said Gallup, was the support of independents. “Most of the variation in Trump's recent job approval rating is among independents. In the current poll, 47% of independents approve of the job he is doing as president, the highest Gallup has measured for the group to date. 93% of Republicans and 8% of Democrats approve of the job Trump is doing,” said Gallup.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/gallup-trump-surges-to-approval-high-best-ever-ok-from-independents

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FWIW   happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Topics merged, in Elections 2020.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Topics merged, in Elections 2020.

What......no comments that polls are biased, useless and worthless now?   888mouth
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

What......no comments that polls are biased, useless and worthless now?   888mouth

I love you, catfish. Don’t ever change.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Well, they are, but I was just performing the usual after-merge courtesy post.  I think I mentioned it in the first topic posted.   :tongue2:
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

Well ... ok ... polls are polls and haven proven the past several election cycles to be inaccurate and skewed.   :tongue2:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Only when they don’t match how we personally feel
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Only when they don’t match how we personally feel

I think media polls are so biased as to be worthless, which is why I don't pop champagne bottles when a poll says something I might like.  I think I've been pretty consistent about that.

Non-media political opinion polls are a different matter, and we never get to see those unless some politician thinks it helps him or her.  A politician has to have accurate polling, and understand a poll is not a predictor of election day outcomes.

Then there are the non-media, non-political polls.  Those are probably the most accurate of all because they are typically run for paying customers, like restaurants conducting a poll to set their menus.  If a polling company produces a slanted poll in those cases, they go out of business very quickly.

But a media political poll is at the far, far distant other end of the spectrum.  JMO.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump has never crossed 49% in the Gallup survey.

In an ever changing world, it's nice to see somethings stay consistent.  Congratulations President Trump.

Offline LegalAmerican

Hilarious.

These polls are ridiculous, but this has got to be driving the progressives insane.

He is more like 80% + approval.  Just got my stimulus too! 

Offline LegalAmerican

Well ... ok ... polls are polls and haven proven the past several election cycles to be inaccurate and skewed.   :tongue2:

:thumbsup:

His approval is much higher than that.  80% +.   He is, NOT,  struggling with any GROUP.  He is just being himself.  His works speak for themselves  WWW.MAGAPILL.COM   He is too busy working.  100 hour weeks for Americans and 4 hours of sleep. Phony reports all over the place by communists in our midst, pretending to be 'reporters'.
He does the job of 3 men. 

Offline LMAO

His approval is much higher than that.  80% +.   

Source?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

I thought thats what I said.