Author Topic: Florida has more unemployment claims than any other state, according to study  (Read 740 times)

Offline libertybele

Florida has more unemployment claims than any other state, according to study

A new study by WalletHub shows Florida now has more unemployment claims than any other state in the country, now surpassing California.

Out of the 130 biggest cities in the country, Cape Coral ranks #32 ahead of Tampa at #33 in cities with the biggest growth in unemployment.

There are signs that the governor may finally be enacting the order that will allow unemployment claims to be retroactive, giving people money from the day they were laid off.

State Representative Spencer Roach said he spoke with the governor's office Thursday and learned they’re drafting the policy that will give people money from the time they were laid off.

Many have been frustrated for weeks now as they wait to see one dime from federal or state funds.

Those cries of frustration are mounting as many report anxiety and difficulty trying to sleep with no money coming in for six weeks or more.

Some people have been waiting for nearly 2 months for unemployment.

The DEO said on Thursday they will personally begin calling people to help them fix their problems.

“For individuals who may have incomplete or inaccurate information, DEO is reaching out to assist in completing their applications,” said Paige Landrum, DEO Press Secretary.

“Until I hear it, I will believe it but at this point, I don’t,” said Jose Lora.

Representative Roach sent a letter to the governor on Thursday asking him to waive the requirement that workers look for a job while unemployed.

“I don’t think it is fair or correct to put that requirement in place when these jobs just don’t exist and there are no jobs to go back to,” Roach stated...................

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/42076800/florida-has-more-unemployment-claims-than-any-other-state-according-to-study
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
3rd most populus state, with probably among the the highest percentage of states with jobs in tourism.

Not really that surprising.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

3rd most populus state, with probably among the the highest percentage of states with jobs in tourism.

Not really that surprising.

The unemployment 'system' is a genuine cluster.  An attorney in Tallahassee is suing the state of FL over the unemployment website issues.

I don't think DeSantis stands a chance of being re-elected.  It's really a shame, up until now he's been a good governor.  But he really has failed in making sure that people are being taken care of. Things are so bad that neighbors are now setting up canopies and tents at the end of their driveways where people can either pick up food or donate food -- food banks are running out or very low. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The unemployment 'system' is a genuine cluster.  An attorney in Tallahassee is suing the state of FL over the unemployment website issues.

I don't think DeSantis stands a chance of being re-elected.  It's really a shame, up until now he's been a good governor.  But he really has failed in making sure that people are being taken care of. Things are so bad that neighbors are now setting up canopies and tents at the end of their driveways where people can either pick up food or donate food -- food banks are running out or very low.

Adding the fact that FL sees usually one major hurricane landfall every year or so, sure doesn't help matters.  Wishing Floridans the best that the virus wanes, and their economy returns strongly ASAP.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

I don't know WHY DeSantis would be blamed for anything or not re-elected?  Do some think a DEMON-RAT would do "better". Who mostly lives in Florida?  Why are these people not self sufficient?  I think more, LEFT, LYING PROPAGANDA.
Florida is known for hurricane's, esp. spring time.  How are they not prepared, with extra supply's etc. ?  Wanting more government money, is all.

Offline libertybele

I don't know WHY DeSantis would be blamed for anything or not re-elected?  Do some think a DEMON-RAT would do "better". Who mostly lives in Florida?  Why are these people not self sufficient?  I think more, LEFT, LYING PROPAGANDA.
Florida is known for hurricane's, esp. spring time.  How are they not prepared, with extra supply's etc. ?  Wanting more government money, is all.

Wow.  I'll look past the ignorance. DeSantis IS the governor, he IS responsible for what happens in his state. Wanting more money? Millions have gotten zilch. Left lying propaganda?  Not so. I live here. I see it first hand. You're not quite understanding the full picture.  Of course most people are prepared for a hurricane to at least some degree -- rule of thumb is prepare for about 2-4 weeks for hurricane.  Most were laid off when businesses were mandated to be shut down mid March (St. Patty's day).  Tomorrow is May 1.  People have been using what resources they may have had for 6 weeks now going on 7 weeks, without even being able to access the system to apply for unemployment -- even at that once they do get through, there still is wait time -- some are still experiencing "glitches" so that still pushes people out at minimum another 2 weeks.  So now we're talking a lot of people without for over 2 months.

Offline LegalAmerican

Wow.  I'll look past the ignorance. DeSantis IS the governor, he IS responsible for what happens in his state. Wanting more money? Millions have gotten zilch. Left lying propaganda?  Not so. I live here. I see it first hand. You're not quite understanding the full picture.  Of course most people are prepared for a hurricane to at least some degree -- rule of thumb is prepare for about 2-4 weeks for hurricane.  Most were laid off when businesses were mandated to be shut down mid March (St. Patty's day).  Tomorrow is May 1.  People have been using what resources they may have had for 6 weeks now going on 7 weeks, without even being able to access the system to apply for unemployment -- even at that once they do get through, there still is wait time -- some are still experiencing "glitches" so that still pushes people out at minimum another 2 weeks.  So now we're talking a lot of people without for over 2 months.

What ignorance?  Are you like those who like to blame other's all the time, when we have a natural disaster? As if those in office, can stop it?  You are aware that governor is NOT the only one there.  Demon-rats too. You live there. That explains why you think I have "ignorance".  I read where those 'glitches' are demon-rats stopping your help. He is looking into that. So, VOTE FOR MORE DEMON-RATS. That will fix your problem. snark.  How about going after CHINA?  Where this originated & started the whole problem.

I am a prepper, so no, I can't understand people not taking care of themselves.

Offline libertybele

What ignorance?  Are you like those who like to blame other's all the time, when we have a natural disaster? As if those in office, can stop it?  You are aware that governor is NOT the only one there.  Demon-rats too. You live there. That explains why you think I have "ignorance".  I read where those 'glitches' are demon-rats stopping your help. He is looking into that. So, VOTE FOR MORE DEMON-RATS. That will fix your problem. snark.  How about going after CHINA?  Where this originated & started the whole problem.

I am a prepper, so no, I can't understand people not taking care of themselves.

Yep -- I'm a prepper too and I have at least a 4 month supply on hand for two people -and paper goods -- I could stretch it further than that if needed.

Most don't prepare for that long, especially young families with little mouths to feed.  Me vote for more DEMS?  What are you smokin'?  Pointing out the truth of what is going on.  DeSantis has failed period.  Just because he's a Republican does NOT mean he gets a free pass.  I don't play that game.