Author Topic: 'Hollywood has been complicit': Ted Cruz targets Hollywood and China with new legislation  (Read 347 times)

Online corbe

'Hollywood has been complicit': Ted Cruz targets Hollywood and China with new legislation

by Carly Ortiz-Lytle

April 29, 2020 01:18 PM

Sen. Ted Cruz is drafting legislation that would prevent movie studios from receiving Department of Defense assistance if those studios censor their films in China.

The Stopping Censorship, Restoring Integrity, Protecting Talkies Act would keep the Defense Department from participating with studios that censor movies for a Chinese audience.

“The Chinese Communist Party spends billions and billions of dollars to mislead Americans about China and shape what our citizens see, hear, and think,” Cruz said in a statement. “For too long, Hollywood has been complicit in China's censorship. The SCRIPT Act will serve as a wake-up call by forcing Hollywood studios to choose between the assistance they need from the American government and the dollars they want from China.”

Each branch of the military has a liaison office that assists productions with accuracy, and access to military installations, personnel, and machinery. China places strict limits on the numbers of foreign films that can be screened each year, and foreign films are censored.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/hollywood-has-been-complicit-ted-cruz-targets-hollywood-and-china-with-new-legislation
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Hopefully just the first salvo in trying to stick to the Chicoms at every angle we can.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hopefully just the first salvo in trying to stick to the Chicoms at every angle we can.

During my lifetime, we have come from the decades when both parties opposed our enemies, to present when democrats .....

hate America,

and support our enemies against us.

Trump, Cruz are together on this.

The Chineese communists use propoganda with expertice. Probably better than Russia did

How would a legit forum site, guard against being used?

--Twitter?

--Facebook?

--discussion forums?

The Meuller report found evidence the Russians used such methods, to disrupt our elections.

Supposedly the Chineese communists are better at it.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

The bill needs to be amended to require Hollyweird to do at least one Winnie the Pooh movie every three years. :silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The bill needs to be amended to require Hollyweird to do at least one Winnie the Pooh movie every three years. :silly:

I already know the title of the first live-action Winnie the Pooh movie.  "Winnie the Wino."   ****drummer
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I already know the title of the first live-action Winnie the Pooh movie.  "Winnie the Wino."   ****drummer

I want to help write Breaking Pooh. 
Drama that chronicles the slow descent of an upstanding bear as he starts an addictive  blue honey empire.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.