Author Topic: Two men in Georgia drank disinfectants in efforts to prevent COVID-19, officials say  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Applewood

Two men in Georgia drank disinfectants in efforts to prevent COVID-19, officials say

Officials say two men in Georgia who have suffered from psychiatric problems ingested household chemicals in an effort to protect themselves against COVID-19, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Gaylord Lopez, director of the Georgia Poison Center, told the newspaper that a man was hospitalized on Saturday after he claimed to have ingested 16 ounces of bleach in a bid “to prevent COVID.”
The director said another man had also been hospitalized after drinking Pine-sol mixed with mouthwash, beer and pain medication.

It’s unclear, Lopez said, whether the two men had tried ingesting the cleaners after listening to remarks President Trump made about disinfectants at a press conference last week.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/495089-two-men-in-georgia-drank-disinfectants-in-efforts-to-prevent-covid-19

Online libertybele

Two men in Georgia drank disinfectants in efforts to prevent COVID-19, officials say

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/495089-two-men-in-georgia-drank-disinfectants-in-efforts-to-prevent-covid-19

The report could have left out the last line about Trump.  The two men are stupid.  Period.  Drinking bleach?  Seriously?  Pine-sol??  I'd say that they aren't just stupid, they are in need of some psychiatric help.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

The report could have left out the last line about Trump.  The two men are stupid.  Period.  Drinking bleach?  Seriously?  Pine-sol??  I'd say that they aren't just stupid, they are in need of some psychiatric help.

Well, I am glad the Hill mentioned there is uncertainty as to a correlation between Trump's remarks and these idiotic actions.  Most other media would try to tie these cases to Trump whether it was legitimate to do so or not.  The Hill was fair in that regard, IMO.

And as the article pointed out, the two men had mental health issues.  And I would expect alcoholic libation paid a part in this too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, I am glad the Hill mentioned there is uncertainty as to a correlation between Trump's remarks and these idiotic actions.  Most other media would try to tie these cases to Trump whether it was legitimate to do so or not.  The Hill was fair in that regard, IMO.

And as the article pointed out, the two men had mental health issues.  And I would expect alcoholic libation paid a part in this too.

Just wait.  The Bigs haven't gotten their hands on the story yet.  By the time they get it, the story will be Trump murdered these two (even though they are still alive.  Details, details!), as if he pulled the trigger himself.  You know, the way they did with the aquarium cleaner drinker guy in AZ.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If these men had psychological problems, is it not fair to posit that perhaps the media types who have been harping on the alleged claim that "Trump suggested inhaling Lysol" may have itself prompted these two to inhale Lysol?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I just don't understand what's the big deal's about. I consume disinfectants most every day. Doesn't everyone? Well I guess the tea toddlers don't ever consume the disinfectant, ethanol.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From the OP:
Officials say two men in Georgia who have suffered from psychiatric problems ingested household chemicals in an effort to protect themselves against COVID-19, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

You nailed it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The report could have left out the last line about Trump. 

Yes that will help us forget. /sarc

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

If these men had psychological problems, is it not fair to posit that perhaps the media types who have been harping on the alleged claim that "Trump suggested inhaling Lysol" may have itself prompted these two to inhale Lysol?
Sure, and there is something to what you say @jmyrlefuller .  Would these two men have heard about this if not for the news media's over-reaction?  However if you say the media are to blame because they made a big deal about how dangerous our President's words were, then should we not also talk about censoring the President's dangerous words?

When the harping media leads with "Officials say two men in Georgia who have suffered from psychiatric problems" I don't think they are unfairly blaming anyone.

Thanx for your comment.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Everybody is making a big deal out of these two low IQ deaths morons but not one word hailing the fact that in all of Georgia there were only two people stupid enough to do this!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 03:47:22 am by GtHawk »

Offline Smokin Joe

Everybody is making a big deal out of these two low IQ deaths but not one word hailing the fact that in all of Georgia there were only two people stupid enough to do this!
Wait! They aren't dead, they just had to go get pumped out or something.

(That means they get to try something else dumb in the future)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Everybody is making a big deal out of these two low IQ deaths but not one word hailing the fact that in all of Georgia there were only two people stupid enough to do this!

It's like the old Monty Python sketch..."They aren't dead yet!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I hope the hospitals didn't spend much time trying to save them. The world is a better place with them out of the gene pool.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

CORRECT;  ALL ON LEFT. LYING MEDIA.....not POTUS.  DARWIN AWARDS.  If people are this stupid....wo needs them.
This is their I.Q.  Nothing about being mental.

Online Hoodat

Here's the original AJC story that The Hill story referenced:  https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional/men-drink-disinfectants-attempts-stop-coronavirus/uRsz2zLLhpqqOX2SjpEfjL/

And here is the part that The Hill left out:

Asked about Trump’s comments last week, Lopez lamented in an interview with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that too many people were interpreting news reports to mean that Trump had recommended injecting disinfectants, when in fact he was only asking questions about the possibility of such a treatment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

I hope the hospitals didn't spend much time trying to save them. The world is a better place with them out of the gene pool.
They aren't out. They lived.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They aren't out. They lived.

@Smokin Joe

DAMN!

Seems like NOTHING works right anymore.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

DAMN!

Seems like NOTHING works right anymore.
I know, right?

C S Lewis