Author Topic: Thousands IGNORE stay-at-home order and cram along banks of the Hudson to watch Thunderbirds and Blu  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Thousands IGNORE stay-at-home order and cram along banks of the Hudson to watch Thunderbirds and Blue Angels dart across NYC's skies in honor of health care workers battling COVID-19
Daily Mail/UK, Apr 28, 2020

Crowds of people ignored social distancing rules to watch the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels soar over New York City's skies Tuesday. 

Pilots from the US Navy teamed up with the Air Force for the dazzling display over the Big Apple at around noon local time to pay tribute to the healthcare workers fighting COVID-19 on the frontlines.

The Blue Angels had earlier issued a warning, telling people to 'refrain from traveling to see the flyover', tweeting: 'Residents should observe the flyover from the safety of their home-quarantine. Social distancing should be practiced at all times. Stay home and stay safe!'

But pictures show residents in New Jersey and New York ignored the warnings, with huge crowds gathered to watch the flyover in both states. 

In an earlier statement the Air Force and Navy had said they partnered with local governments and media outlets to 'help ensure spectators follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention social distancing guidelines'.   

The Thunderbirds said the flyover would be 'a show of national solidarity' and 'collaborative salute from the Navy and Air Force to recognize healthcare workers, first responders, and other essential personnel while standing in solidarity with all Americans during the COVID-19 pandemic'.

More:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8265701/America-strong-Thunderbirds-Blue-Angels-prepare-soar-skies-NYC-Philly-NJ.html

Who can blame them???    :patriot:

Donald Trump said earlier this month that the two prominent aerobatics teams 'will be performing air shows over America's cities,' and in some places that 'aren't major cities,' he added, in a salute to the country's frontline workers who have been combating the coronavirus pandemic.

'This is a tribute to them, our warriors,' the president said.

Philadelphia:

Blue Angels and Thunderbirds fly over the skies in salute to frontline workers. See the photos.
USA Today, Apr 28, 2020

The Navy and Air Force have commissioned their respective air squadrons — the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds — to fly over Philadelphia, Trenton, N.J. and New York City as a tribute to healthcare workers and other essential workers in the frontlines of the coronavirus pandemic.

The flyover is part of President Donald Trump’s Operation America Strong salute, which he announced last Wednesday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/04/28/photos-blue-angels-thunderbirds-fly-over-pa-nj-ny-workers/3040063001/

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Love the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels and respect what they do, but what a colossal waste of tax payer dollars.

Where are all the promised tests? Where is all the promised PPE? Why did PPA SBA payments go to large corporations with 4.6 million going to the LA Lakers? And as if the 1st roll out of the SBA website was “rocky” the 2nd has been just as bad if not worse not to mention the IRS website that was supposed to tell people where their stimulus payment was or to allow them to update their direct deposit information, both crashing. It makes the roll out of the ACA website look genius in comparison.

But we have military fly overs. 

Bread and circuses baby. Bread and circuses.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Love the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels and respect what they do, but what a colossal waste of tax payer dollars.

Where are all the promised tests? Where is all the promised PPE? Why did PPA SBA payments go to large corporations with 4.6 million going to the LA Lakers? And as if the 1st roll out of the SBA website was “rocky” the 2nd has been just as bad if not worse not to mention the IRS website that was supposed to tell people where their stimulus payment was or to allow them to update their direct deposit information, both crashing. It makes the roll out of the ACA website look genius in comparison.

Posting anything the least bit uplifting is such an effing waste of time around here.   ***suicide***

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
with 4.6 million going to the LA Lakers?

The Lakers?  You got to be shitting me.  This is a damn outrage. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

Posting anything the least bit uplifting is such an effing waste of time around here.   ***suicide***

I agree. 8 years of Obama's waste in government, HIS OPEN BORDERS..allowing in diseases. taking HIS 400K a year, and making his rent a kids, "ambassadors", with which to steal more money from taxpayers and making them multi millionaires.  No problems. Shrimp on treadmills. Grants given to watch grass grow, studying ANTS in himmileans.   sp?
IRS GIVING THEMSELVES MAJOR PARTY to the tune of millions of dollars. Obama sending out to Chicago fro some hot-dogs for 65 thousand dollars of tax dollars.  I could go on.  NOW...now....people 'worry' waste? I CALL IT PRACTICING MANEUVERS, GETTING BETTER AT FLYING.  THEY HAVE TO DO THIS....then the public get to see them practice. 

How do people think they learn how to fly?  SITTING IN SOME HANGER?  What an ignorant thing to be upset...about.

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline LegalAmerican

This is how liberty dies, with uninformed posts such as yours. Have you heard of DEMON-RATS?  Those 2 other equal branches of our government, that RESIST, OBSTRUCT,  everything POTUS DOES?   JUDICIAL, LEGISLATURE. They even said that on TV...OUT LOUD.  RESIST. That includes DEMON-RAT governors , (Whittmer) and demon-rat BANKS...IRS.  TECHNOLOGY SITES WHO SUPPORT COMMUNISM & NWO..stopping all good things done by POTUS.  You bring up NON AFFORDABLE, NEVER NEEDED THIS MANDATED COMMUNIST 'NOT ABOUT HEALTH' PIECE OF SHYT? 

THIS IS OUR MILITARY PRACTICING THEIR FLYING AND SOME MANEUVERS, WHICH THEY NEED TO DO.  PUBLIC IS JUST FORTUNATE TO BE ABLE TO SEE THIS PRACTICE.  You think, they don't do this, other times?  You expect them to be ready to defend us,  by sitting in the hanger, till it is time? 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

This is how liberty dies, with uninformed posts such as yours.   

Coming from you?  The irony reeks and drips in abundance.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

One only NEEDS tests if one is sick and they need to know how to treat you and with what.  I believe, I've had this covid-19 twice.  Both were mild. I am a senior, who shored up my immune system.  Why would I need any test?  I now ,have built up antibodies. Do you get 'TESTED' every time you get the common cold, covid virus?  I don't even wear a mask. Why?  I get some sunshine, vitamin D, take my silver, green tea, homemade elderberry tincture and trying some moringa.

Offline LegalAmerican

Coming from you?  The irony reeks and drips in abundance.

WRONG.  As you, are a lefty.  You reek with discrimination.  Nothing I posted is incorrect. WASTE IN GOVERNMENT in 2013, 2014 and more, under YOUR OBAMA ADM. You are anti-Americans, yet live in America.  SEE YOUR POST TO ME.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
One only NEEDS tests if one is sick and they need to know how to treat you and with what.  I believe, I've had this covid-19 twice.  Both were mild. I am a senior, who shored up my immune system.  Why would I need any test?  I now ,have built up antibodies. Do you get 'TESTED' every time you get the common cold, covid virus?  I don't even wear a mask. Why?  I get some sunshine, vitamin D, take my silver, green tea, homemade elderberry tincture and trying some moringa.

Utter bullshit post.....

(1) Unless diagnosed how do you know you have had COVID-19? 
(2) Shored up your immunity?  Lot's of anecdotal that  supplement can help, there is absolutley no proof that relying on these supplements will help you prevent infection.  Terribly irresponsible of you claim or tell others to do this to prevent that infection.
(3) You have antibodies associated with a prior infection?  No. 1, you already stated you haven't been diagnosed, and (2) Not all who get infected develop a serilogical antibodies.  (
(4) If your body was so fortified with antibodies, how did you get it twice?   Geez.....
(5)  Sunshine, vitamin D,  silver, green tea, homemade elderberry tincture and  moringa? (Fellow Briefers...  please rely on your common sense, instead of Dr. Legal and his traveling Snake Oil Show)

What a tool.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 10:29:47 pm by catfish1957 »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
WRONG.  As you, are a lefty.  You reek with discrimination.  Nothing I posted is incorrect. WASTE IN GOVERNMENT in 2013, 2014 and more, under YOUR OBAMA ADM. You are anti-Americans, yet live in America.  SEE YOUR POST TO ME.

Me a lefty?  (snicker)

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We don't have lefties here.  The last one begged to be perma-banned, so we accommodated him.  Can't vouch for the nOObs yet....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

We don't have lefties here.  The last one begged to be perma-banned, so we accommodated him.  Can't vouch for the nOObs yet....

Making a joke for me?   :yowsa:   888high58888

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
e.s.&d.

Are those the letters your Sesame Street primer is sponsoring today?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 10:33:36 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Promised tests and PPE take time to deliver.

I'd wager the organization, maintenance, fueling, and briefings for this mission took less time, and none of these guys were likely making or distributing tests or PPE anyway. .

In times of distress, people will look for some sign, some conspicuous and memorable event they can point to for inspiration.

So they got one. That, in and of itself, isn't so bad.

Now, "Break's over...back to work"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Posting anything the least bit uplifting is such an effing waste of time around here.

To the contrary @Right_in_Virginia ...
I am quite uplifted by reports of Joe-Six-Pack giving Uncle Nanny the middle finger, especially en masse.

888high58888

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Utter bullshit post.....

(1) Unless diagnosed how do you know you have had COVID-19? 
(2) Shored up your immunity?  Lot's of anecdotal that  supplement can help, there is absolutley no proof that relying on these supplements will help you prevent infection.  Terribly irresponsible of you claim or tell others to do this to prevent that infection.
(3) You have antibodies associated with a prior infection?  No. 1, you already stated you haven't been diagnosed, and (2) Not all who get infected develop a serilogical antibodies.  (
(4) If your body was so fortified with antibodies, how did you get it twice?   Geez.....
(5)  Sunshine, vitamin D,  silver, green tea, homemade elderberry tincture and  moringa? (Fellow Briefers...  please rely on your common sense, instead of Dr. Legal and his traveling Snake Oil Show)

What a tool.
Unless diagnosed, you don't. There are some of us who work in the oil patch and related injuries who were in contact with people in the early part of this year from other states which are now hotspots who wonder if we didn't have it. There was a 'bug' going around, low grade fever, lung crud, slow to go away completely, that may have been 'it'. I don't know, but our state's numbers remain low, especially in the oil patch counties, while the East side (no oil) is leading the map in infections.

As for empowering your immune system, yes, you can. THrough maintaining levels of nutrients through diet or supplements you can bolster your immune system.

Reading things like this: Zinc Ionophore Activity of Quercetin and Epigallocatechin-gallate: From Hepa 1-6 Cells to a Liposome Model https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/jf5014633#
May even lead to the conclusion, that coupled with Zinc Gluconate supplementation, one might even be able to preload their cells with zinc and avoid the virus altogether.

Dietary plant polyphenols such as the flavonoids quercetin (QCT) and epigallocatechin-gallate act as antioxidants and as signaling molecules. Remarkably, the activities of numerous enzymes that are targeted by polyphenols are dependent on zinc. We have previously shown that these polyphenols chelate zinc cations and hypothesized that these flavonoids might be also acting as zinc ionophores, transporting zinc cations through the plasma membrane.

So, this may be done through the consumption of green tea, and a zinc supplement.

Other dietary considerations may provide resistance to viruses as well.

Ever notice how some people never seem to get a cold?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 10:58:04 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
To the contrary @Right_in_Virginia ...
I am quite uplifted by reports of Joe-Six-Pack giving Uncle Nanny the middle finger, especially en masse.

888high58888

I find that encouraging too.  It reinforces what I've been saying:  This lockdown. shelter-in-place business is done, May 1, for the vast majority of the country, whether the local Governors know it or not.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

I find that encouraging too.  It reinforces what I've been saying:  This lockdown. shelter-in-place business is done, May 1, for the vast majority of the country, whether the local Governors know it or not.

Yep. You called it.  :beer: