Author Topic: Joe Biden says he would reverse Trump’s decision to defund WHO  (Read 225 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Joe Biden says he would reverse Trump’s decision to defund WHO
NY Post, Apr 28, 2020

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said that, if elected, he would undo President Trump’s funding cut for the World Health Organization, a move made by Trump to hold the WHO accountable for its role in the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

Asked during an interview Monday with CBS Miami whether he would reverse the commander-in-chief’s decision to pull funding for the embattled agency, Biden said, “Yes I will.”

“But I’ll also insist that we … do what we were doing before. We had set up a pandemic office within the White House, President Obama. We had CDC … forward stationed in other countries to anticipate when we might see a virus coming, a pandemic coming, because there are gonna be more of these. So I would get much more engaged in the world,” the former vice president told the Florida-based network.

“We can’t step back. If in fact, for example, we solve the problem in the United States of America, and you don’t solve in the other parts of the world, you know what’s going to happen … We’re going to have travel bans, we’re not going to have to do economic intercourse with the world,” he continued.

More:  https://nypost.com/2020/04/28/joe-biden-says-he-would-reverse-trumps-decision-to-defund-who/