Author Topic: New York State Rescinds Blanket Do Not Resuscitate Order for Cardiac Patients During Coronavirus Out  (Read 388 times)

rangerrebew

New York State Rescinds Blanket Do Not Resuscitate Order for Cardiac Patients During Coronavirus Outbreak

Hours after the New York Post reported the DNR, the state Health Commissioner pulled back the order.

By Nancy Flory Published on April 23, 2020

Yesterday the state of New York rescinded a do-not-resuscitate (DNR) order for cardiac patients without a pulse, Fox News reported Wednesday. According to a report, first responders were ordered last week not to revive those patients during the coronavirus outbreak, citing increased call volumes and lack of resources.

First responders were previously allowed to try to resuscitate cardiac patients for up to 20 minutes, according to the New York Post. Within hours after that article was published, the state health department rescinded the DNR order. The state department’s spokesperson, Jill Montag, said that while the guidance was issued at the recommendation of the Bureau of Emergency Medical Services, it doesn’t “reflect New York’s standards.” For that reason, the Department of Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker ordered them to be rescinded.

https://stream.org/new-york-state-rescinds-blanket-do-not-resuscitate-order-for-cardiac-patients-during-coronavirus-outbreak/

rangerrebew

Remember death panels?  New York initiated a form of it for the future. rrthree

Offline PeteS in CA

From what I've read elsewhere, apparently EMTs were disobeying his original DNR order.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From what I've read elsewhere, apparently EMTs were disobeying his original DNR order.
Having been an EMT, I believe it. If you can get them ticking, they get in the door.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis