Author Topic: McConnell dangles aid to states — with a catch (Politico)  (Read 322 times)

Online corbe

McConnell dangles aid to states — with a catch

By Burgess Everett 3 hrs ago

Mitch McConnell is open to cutting a deal to provide reeling states and cities with relief during the pandemic-fueled recession. But it will come at a price.

In an interview on Monday, the Senate majority leader said it’s “highly likely” the next coronavirus response bill will aid local governments whose budgets have been decimated by lockdowns and now face spiraling deficits. But to unlock that money, McConnell also wants Congress to limit the liabilities of health care workers, business owners and employees from lawsuits as they reopen in the coming weeks and months.

“We probably will do another bill. What I’m saying is it won’t just be about money,” McConnell said. “The next pandemic coming will be the lawsuit pandemic in the wake of this one. So we need to prevent that now when we have the opportunity to do it.”

In acknowledging that states like New York and New Jersey can count on more federal aid in the next massive relief bill, the Kentucky Republican is cracking the door to an agreement with congressional Democrats after taking a hard line with his recent suggestion that states go “the bankruptcy route.”

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mcconnell-dangles-aid-to-states-—-with-a-catch/ar-BB13hmuv?ocid=spartanntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: McConnell dangles aid to states — with a catch (Politico)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 01:25:44 am »
If Republicans vote to provide relief to states and cities that have sanctuary laws, Republicans will not turn out to vote in November.  They can kiss their seats away!!!

It is Dem run states and cities in deep sh*t because they spend foolishly...and I object to the federal government bailing them out while they choose to ignore federal law.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: McConnell dangles aid to states — with a catch (Politico)
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 06:53:10 am »
If Republicans vote to provide relief to states and cities that have sanctuary laws, Republicans will not turn out to vote in November.  They can kiss their seats away!!!

It is Dem run states and cities in deep sh*t because they spend foolishly...and I object to the federal government bailing them out while they choose to ignore federal law.
:yowsa:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis