Author Topic: NYT: Nervous Republicans See Trump Sinking, and Taking Senate With Him  (Read 13393 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online corbe

Re: NYT: Nervous Republicans See Trump Sinking, and Taking Senate With Him
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2020, 12:58:18 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2020, 01:35:44 am »
@libertybele

I thought he already had one? He's not married?

Good one!  He has used D.C. MADAM. 

Offline aligncare

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2020, 05:58:04 am »

@corbe

Yes,yes,yes,a thousand times yes!

And of course,the most prominent would be the flag of China. Miss Nancy would have her entire wardrobe make from Chinese flags.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2020, 05:59:57 am »

@aligncare

Yeah,like that old bag ever listened to anyone but the voice in her mirror. SHE was the evil mastermind behind the Bush Crime Family.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 06:01:52 am by sneakypete »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2020, 07:59:18 am »
Well, this might start some sh*t,

Hello my friend.   :seeya:

but I would have voted for Cruz over Trump if my State GOP had even had a primary or a caucus.

That I didn't get that option is the reason I left the GOP.

I voted for Cruz in 2016 to help him win the WI primary.  It was my last vote.

The biggest reason I support Trump is that he is the current best bulwark we have against the Dems.

Before I quit the GOP in 2016 I used to say the #1 reason to vote GOP was to stop the rats from screwing with me and America.  Today I care less about the party affiliation of the people screwing with me and America, but I still see the GOP as the lesser evil.  I can't find fault with your reasoning to support President Trump.  I can't even square my recognition of the GOP as the lesser evil, and my unwillingness to pick the lesser evil.  I rationalize it by saying I couldn't choose which of my children to let be murdered, even if others would make that choice if I didn't, and my youngest is my favorite.

I'm just kidding.  I'd make sure it wasn't the youngest.  That was a poor metaphor.

Thanx for your comment @Smokin Joe

« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2020, 09:38:12 am »
@aligncare

Yeah,like that old bag ever listened to anyone but the voice in her mirror. SHE was the evil mastermind behind the Bush Crime Family.

There is never a bad time to spit on Barbara Bush - @sneakypete
Nobody makes bullying look cooler.  You could punch her right in the throat, easy, and she'd go down. wink777

Offline dancer

« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2020, 10:05:49 am »
Suddenly, everyone is living in the moment, and forgetting all about the megatrends. Daddy Bush (last one term Pubbie) came across as wooden, did the "Read my lips.." thing, and was as loveable as sea urchin. He ran against a guy who had mastered the Elvis sneer, who some women claimed to find attractive, and who was a crafty liar. who had the media in his pocket via some big money.

Biden doesn't exactly win in the 'cute governor' bit and came across as Barack Obama's Ed Mc Mahon (Sorry Ed), a fixture, but not a front man. Hot on the heals of a spike in American Economic greatness, he'd have to climb out of much the same hole Obama left us in. FOr a guy who has trouble with the town he is in or the day of the week, that might not sell him, coming in against a guy who has built it up before, in his personal life (more than once) and as POTUS during a wonderful economic expansion that he can say was brought down by a combination of an unprecedented disease and (yes, I dare say it) Russian collision/fighting with the Saudis over oil.
He has weathered the Shampeachment, has been "investigated" from every angle, even on false pretense, jabs right back at the press. He has the most presentable and gracious first lady we've had in a while. He has faced some of the heaviest opposition from media and the opposition Party we've seen in a century, and is still standing. He isn't a quitter.
For the most part he has left my firearm rights alone. (I never had a bump stock, and that bit did not make me happy), but otherwise, he's been far better than any Democrat would be, considering the whole field of Democrats wants to start with "America's Gun" and a laundry list of others and take them away.
He has been good for industry, generally clearing the way for projects to be completed. Despite someone with time on their hands cutting relatively small holes in the new 'wall', a great deal of that has been upgraded and there are plans to do more. He has done what he alone can do with Obamacare without the help of the House and Senate. Getting Hillary in irons will take a while longer, as the people who are supposed to be investigating wrongdoing are often too busy committing it. That still needs to be cleaned out. 

I am not so afraid of the Democrats, unless they can pull off some massive voter fraud.
But I haven't been wearing a mask either, and made daily forays into the retail world to round up the few things we needed. Let's sort this outbreak, and roll up our sleeves. We have an opportunity to show the world why our way of life did a lot of the heavy lifting to defeat the Axis in WWII, and held off the ambitions of folks like Josef Stalin and Mao Tse Tung.
It's time to rebuild, to clear away the political dross that is holding America down, in the sense that there are still judges to be appointed, a Congress to take back, Democrats who need to be unseated, bureaucracies to clean out, and an economy to rebuild after an unprecedented event. I just don't see any of that getting done with Democrats driving.

I honestly have to believe most of America doesn't either.
Last I remembered, PDJT was saying that they had not brought forward 241 appointments that are crucial to his plans; Then China unleashed hell upon the world.
Mitch is good on judges, but that's about it.  The President is one man, one branch.  Where the h*ll is Congress?  He even had the Judiciary against him. 

All departments had to be cleaned out and that is an ongoing process.  All that with Democrats, globalists and the MSM against him, not to mention unceasing investigations and lawsuits.  I don't understand how anyone can blame this all on him
or think he is not a Conservative.

He cut taxes, he slashed regulations that were holding our businesses back.  He is returning decent paying jobs for Americans and letting the world know we are no longer Uncle Sugar. 

Yes, there is spending.  That's because our former leaders appropriated specified  funds, then stole the money and used it for their pet agendas. 

Our military was seriously depleted, lacked bullets of all things.  Many had to buy their own equipment to fight in their wars they sent them off to.   They did not want to treat our wounded troops - they were told to pay for it themselves.  They often had to find their own way home because they left them in the war zones.  In fact, when citizen Trump found out he sent his own plane to pick them up!  They lacked equipment to get the job done.  Other nations were outpacing us in upgraded technology. 

I truly do not understand how some here are so critical of him.  He is the most Conservative President of my lifetime.  And he does it all with humor, strength and yes, grace. Anger where it is appropriate. He does not play games.  Most of us were clamoring for a fighter and we finally got one.  Why so much complaining?   

I'll take Trump over W anyday!  W may have had nice manners, but he sold us out! A lot.  Religion of Peace, indeed.  Trump about wiped ISIS off the map without so much as breaking a sweat.  He has taken it to the Enemedia and shoved it down their throats.  This is why he is so loved by so many of us.

Oh, and let's not forget the WALL.  It's happening despite all being against him.  Ranchers involved in human trafficking and drugs fighting him over the land.  Everyone wants their illegal maids and lawn jockies, cheap labor.  Sell outs. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2020, 10:20:54 am »
Last I remembered, PDJT was saying that they had not brought forward 241 appointments that are crucial to his plans; Then China unleashed hell upon the world.
Mitch is good on judges, but that's about it.  The President is one man, one branch.  Where the h*ll is Congress?  He even had the Judiciary against him. 

All departments had to be cleaned out and that is an ongoing process.  All that with Democrats, globalists and the MSM against him, not to mention unceasing investigations and lawsuits.  I don't understand how anyone can blame this all on him
or think he is not a Conservative.

He cut taxes, he slashed regulations that were holding our businesses back.  He is returning decent paying jobs for Americans and letting the world know we are no longer Uncle Sugar. 

Yes, there is spending.  That's because our former leaders appropriated specified  funds, then stole the money and used it for their pet agendas. 

Our military was seriously depleted, lacked bullets of all things.  Many had to buy their own equipment to fight in their wars they sent them off to.   They did not want to treat our wounded troops - they were told to pay for it themselves.  They often had to find their own way home because they left them in the war zones.  In fact, when citizen Trump found out he sent his own plane to pick them up!  They lacked equipment to get the job done.  Other nations were outpacing us in upgraded technology. 

I truly do not understand how some here are so critical of him.  He is the most Conservative President of my lifetime.  And he does it all with humor, strength and yes, grace. Anger where it is appropriate. He does not play games.  Most of us were clamoring for a fighter and we finally got one.  Why so much complaining?   

I'll take Trump over W anyday!  W may have had nice manners, but he sold us out! A lot.  Religion of Peace, indeed.  Trump about wiped ISIS off the map without so much as breaking a sweat.  He has taken it to the Enemedia and shoved it down their throats.  This is why he is so loved by so many of us.

Oh, and let's not forget the WALL.  It's happening despite all being against him.  Ranchers involved in human trafficking and drugs fighting him over the land.  Everyone wants their illegal maids and lawn jockies, cheap labor.  Sell outs.
I can't argue with that. I would like to see the Clintons in jumpsuits, yet, but it is easy to see how the Obama administration continued the policy of stacking the agencies with lackeys, especially FBI, DOJ, ATF, and just about anything connected with law enforcement. When the guardians of the public trust are in your pocket, you can literally get away with murder. Until that's all cleaned out, or at least mostly so, no action against them will succeed.
The failure of COngress to dismantle the ACA, root and branch, was sheer perfidy, and the contempt for those who only know the Democrats would have gone farther by not doing so still galls me. It was one of the many straws that led me to the point where I summarily throw GOP mailings in the trash unopened.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dancer

« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2020, 11:21:30 am »
As did I, SJ.  It galls me to get their mail, their phone calls, their hubris. 
I'm solidly in the take the GOP back camp.  It is slow going but I think in
the end, we will win.  Got the traitors on the run and that's a pretty site.
Oh, and where Clintons are concerned?  I prefer hemp to polyester.   888high58888

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2020, 11:48:25 am »
As did I, SJ.  It galls me to get their mail, their phone calls, their hubris. 
I'm solidly in the take the GOP back camp.  It is slow going but I think in
the end, we will win.  Got the traitors on the run and that's a pretty site.
Oh, and where Clintons are concerned?  I prefer hemp to polyester.   888high58888
Less stretch...

C S Lewis

« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2020, 12:37:14 pm »
I'll take Trump over W anyday!  W may have had nice manners, but he sold us out! A lot.  Religion of Peace, indeed. 

In defense of President Dubya.  The news media attacked him from day one.  He passed historic tax cuts in his first year.  When 9-11 came along he took swift action in Afghanistan, and then Dubya envisioned the "Bush Doctrine."  Instead of waiting for the enemy to come to us, Dubya said were also going to f*ck up the next worse assh0le Saddam Hussein, and put NK and Iran on notice.  And then he set it in motion.  He proved America wasn't a paper tiger. 

At this point the fake news freaked out.  Chris Mathews lost 10lbs of water weight from the spittle flying from his mouth about the crazy war mongering cowboy . 

Now Dubya had this thing.  He didn't attack the media.  He owned them.  He'd let them freak out and give them lots of rope to hang themselves.

In early October the media was howling that Dubya didn't have the consent of the people, and Dubya knowing he would of course get the blessings of America said "yes I do, I have authorization from Congress and President Clinton."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Liberation_Act

The media screamed "No you need the OK from the People."  and Dubya said nothing more while leaks of war planning filled the papers.  At this point the media knew everyone all over America recognized what they recognized, and they condemned Dubya as a law breaking reckless war monger.

On October 7th Dubya addressed the nation and made the case for war.  https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2002/10/20021007-8.html
He said the Congress is with me and the UN is with me.  Let's go kick Saddam's ass."
Polls for attacking Iraq hit 60%...by the time it happened 80% approved

The fake news freaked out.  They said "You don't have the consent of Congress.  The Constitution gives them the power to declare war.  You need to get there approval."
Dubya, knowing he would ask and get approval said "No.  I already have their approval"  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Liberation_Act  And the media became apoplectic and screamed Dubya was a crazy war monger cowboy going it alone in the face of the American Government.  And just when the media was sure they finally had him, Dubya went to Congress and demanded their blessings. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_for_Use_of_Military_Force_Against_Iraq_Resolution_of_2002

Looking like clowns the media then turned there attention to the UN.  They said we are not the police men of the world and President crazy cowboy can't just ignore the UN.  knowing that he would speak to the UN and make his case Dubya said "Saddam is in violation of already passed resolutions, we're ready to impose military sanctions. We'll let you know when the bombs start dropping"  The fake news freaked and screamed ...well you know the drill by now.

Dubya addressed the UN and shamed them for shirking their responsibility, demanded a UN resolution to attack Iraq, won it on Nov 8th 2002, and built a coalition including Islamic countries to take out Saddam.  In 2002 my Dubya bucked the midterm trend and added GOP votes to the Senate and House.  In 2004 Rove was a magnificent bastard and US states started a trend of owning a majority of state houses, governors, and legislators

I am proud of my 2 votes for Dubya.  My kind of President.  No rat or Trumper could ever hope to embarrass me for it.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2020, 12:58:50 pm »
@Once-Ler

Excellent defense of President Bush 43.  Oh, he had his flaws, of course.  Even my hero, President Reagan, had his shortcomings too.  But I don't get the vitriolic hatred of the man -- which seems to be based on a bunch of unproven conspiracy theories.  All I can say is I am glad President Bush was in command after 9-11.  Can you imagine what would have happened if Obama was president at that time?  He would be bowing down to our enemies.  No thank you.  President Bush was the right man at the right time.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #190 on: April 29, 2020, 01:43:47 pm »
There is never a bad time to spit on Barbara Bush - @sneakypete
Nobody makes bullying look cooler.  You could punch her right in the throat, easy, and she'd go down. wink777

@Once-Ler

Thanks! For once we agree.

Frankly,I am surprised you agree with me. I always pictured you sucking on her toes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #191 on: April 29, 2020, 01:53:08 pm »

@dancer

Because he killed any chance of their darling Jebbie ever occupying the WH,and he wasn't even a Republican before running for office.

How DARE he take the crown away from established Republicans the voters and the DNC could trust to not make waves,never raise their voices in protest,and continue to steer America towards Globalism?

They are Republicans first,and Americans second.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2020, 01:58:03 pm »
In defense of President Dubya.  The news media attacked him from day one.  He passed historic tax cuts in his first year.  When 9-11 came along he took swift action in Afghanistan, and then Dubya envisioned the "Bush Doctrine."  Instead of waiting for the enemy to come to us, Dubya said were also going to f*ck up the next worse assh0le Saddam Hussein, and put NK and Iran on notice.  And then he set it in motion.  He proved America wasn't a paper tiger. 

At this point the fake news freaked out.  Chris Mathews lost 10lbs of water weight from the spittle flying from his mouth about the crazy war mongering cowboy . 

Now Dubya had this thing.  He didn't attack the media.  He owned them.  He'd let them freak out and give them lots of rope to hang themselves.

In early October the media was howling that Dubya didn't have the consent of the people, and Dubya knowing he would of course get the blessings of America said "yes I do, I have authorization from Congress and President Clinton."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Liberation_Act

The media screamed "No you need the OK from the People."  and Dubya said nothing more while leaks of war planning filled the papers.  At this point the media knew everyone all over America recognized what they recognized, and they condemned Dubya as a law breaking reckless war monger.

On October 7th Dubya addressed the nation and made the case for war.  https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2002/10/20021007-8.html
He said the Congress is with me and the UN is with me.  Let's go kick Saddam's ass."
Polls for attacking Iraq hit 60%...by the time it happened 80% approved

The fake news freaked out.  They said "You don't have the consent of Congress.  The Constitution gives them the power to declare war.  You need to get there approval."
Dubya, knowing he would ask and get approval said "No.  I already have their approval"  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Liberation_Act  And the media became apoplectic and screamed Dubya was a crazy war monger cowboy going it alone in the face of the American Government.  And just when the media was sure they finally had him, Dubya went to Congress and demanded their blessings. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_for_Use_of_Military_Force_Against_Iraq_Resolution_of_2002

Looking like clowns the media then turned there attention to the UN.  They said we are not the police men of the world and President crazy cowboy can't just ignore the UN.  knowing that he would speak to the UN and make his case Dubya said "Saddam is in violation of already passed resolutions, we're ready to impose military sanctions. We'll let you know when the bombs start dropping"  The fake news freaked and screamed ...well you know the drill by now.

Dubya addressed the UN and shamed them for shirking their responsibility, demanded a UN resolution to attack Iraq, won it on Nov 8th 2002, and built a coalition including Islamic countries to take out Saddam.  In 2002 my Dubya bucked the midterm trend and added GOP votes to the Senate and House.  In 2004 Rove was a magnificent bastard and US states started a trend of owning a majority of state houses, governors, and legislators

I am proud of my 2 votes for Dubya.  My kind of President.  No rat or Trumper could ever hope to embarrass me for it.

@Once-Ler

Talk about an altered reality!

What color is the sky on your home planet? Boy Jorge was maybe the worse President this nation has even had in all our history.

I say "probably" to give Jimmah Cawtur due credit.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2020, 02:02:22 pm »

Would never dream of trying to humiliate another conservative for their vote.

That'd be counterproductive, wouldn't it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2020, 02:14:27 pm »
Would never dream of trying to humiliate another conservative for their vote.

That'd be counterproductive, wouldn't it.

happy77

Offline Applewood

« Reply #195 on: April 29, 2020, 02:15:08 pm »
@Once-Ler
Boy Jorge was maybe the worse President this nation has even had in all our history.

I say "probably" to give Jimmah Cawtur due credit.

@sneakypete

IMHO Obama was the worst president in my lifetime, maybe in all time.  He has Carter beat for the worst president trophy by miles.  And President Bush does not come close to either president.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #196 on: April 29, 2020, 02:19:04 pm »
   If Cruz was here he'd report you @jpsb so in his behalf, I WILL.

Can't handle the truth huh?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #197 on: April 29, 2020, 02:21:02 pm »
@dancer

Because he killed any chance of their darling Jebbie ever occupying the WH,and he wasn't even a Republican before running for office.

How DARE he take the crown away from established Republicans the voters and the DNC could trust to not make waves,never raise their voices in protest,and continue to steer America towards Globalism?

They are Republicans first,and Americans second.

Not quite as critical of GWB, except for the fact we went to Iraq, shouldn't have,  it cost us $1T, and upset the balance of power between the Shiites and Sunni's that is haunting us to this day.  Huge blunder that that soils an otherwise strong conservative legacy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #198 on: April 29, 2020, 02:29:39 pm »
Trump is sinking, but McConnel is doing a great job of taking everyone down too.  Its going to be bad.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #199 on: April 29, 2020, 02:32:43 pm »
@Once-Ler

Excellent defense of President Bush 43.  Oh, he had his flaws, of course.  Even my hero, President Reagan, had his shortcomings too.  But I don't get the vitriolic hatred of the man -- which seems to be based on a bunch of unproven conspiracy theories.  All I can say is I am glad President Bush was in command after 9-11.  Can you imagine what would have happened if Obama was president at that time?  He would be bowing down to our enemies.  No thank you.  President Bush was the right man at the right time.

At the risk of flak and a barrage of lies coming at me, I say "Ditto."

Right man.  Right time.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.