Author Topic: Trump and McConnell headed toward clash over coronavirus spending  (Read 395 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump and McConnell headed toward clash over coronavirus spending
by David M. Drucker
 | April 26, 2020 12:00 AM

President Trump and Sen. Mitch McConnell are on a collision course after the Senate majority leader declared that the next round of coronavirus relief sought by the White House must address the exploding federal debt.

Trump supports another massive rescue package as the pandemic takes a sledgehammer to the economy six months before Election Day. But McConnell is slamming on the brakes, responding to rising opposition from his conference after nearly $3 trillion in coronavirus spending approved since March spiked the debt to $24.6 trillion. The Kentucky Republican is determined not to get boxed in by any deal negotiated by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and an administration comfortable with deficits.

“We’ve got to take a pause, here,” Senate Majority Whip John Thune told the Washington Examiner on Friday. The South Dakota Republican confirmed that GOP senators have been voicing hostility to more expensive rescue packages during private, members-only conference calls held over the past several days. But to the extent Trump wants to move forward, Thune said House Democrats should take a backseat in the negotiations.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-and-mcconnell-headed-toward-clash-over-coronavirus-spending
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online corbe

Re: Trump and McConnell headed toward clash over coronavirus spending
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 03:13:50 pm »
   Did I wake up into a parallel universe this morning, Mitch worried about the deficit, WTF? 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 05:30:57 pm »
   Did I wake up into a parallel universe this morning, Mitch worried about the deficit, WTF?

That's not what this is really about.

Mitch does not want to give back hard fought ground. Well run states that live within the revenues generated within the state should not be bailing out poorly run states. He recognizes there will be political fallout if Pubs give Rats funds to bailout their pensions and deficits. The Pubs started the process of ending these subsidies with the tax reform bill that limited SALT deductions to $10,000.

The only way I see giving money to states in pension crisis should be by converting all govt pensions to 401K type pensions. Rat states will never do this. One of their great party funding methods is to give govt. unions incredible benefits and wages. In return govt unions always back the Rats for election and donate to their campaigns.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 05:44:07 pm »
If this report is accurate then I'm with Mitch. This sh**s gotta stop.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 06:21:44 pm »
If this report is accurate then I'm with Mitch. This sh**s gotta stop.

Trump is a pretty bright guy. I would bet he's going to try and be the "good guy" and swing as many districts in blue states to the Pubs as possible while Mitch will be the "bad guy" and refuse to pass any package that bails out blue states. At least that's my hope.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home