Author Topic: Voters Say Trump More Likely Than Pelosi To Put Country First With COVID-19  (Read 413 times)

rangerrebew

Voters Say Trump More Likely Than Pelosi To Put Country First With COVID-19

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Voters are evenly divided when asked if President Trump or House Speaker Nancy Pelosi would do a better job dealing with the coronavirus but think Trump is more likely to put the country ahead of his political party.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 45% of Likely U.S. Voters trust the president more when it comes to handling the current coronavirus crisis. Forty-four percent (44%) trust Pelosi more. Eleven percent (11%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/disease/voters_say_trump_more_likely_than_pelosi_to_put_country_first_with_covid_19

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
New title: According to Rasmussen poll, 44% of Americans are idiots.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I didn't know Pelosi was running for President?  This national poll is sure to dampen her aspirations.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-and-mcconnell-headed-toward-clash-over-coronavirus-spending

maybe they should be polling who American's trust more Trump or McConnell?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 11:34:25 am by Once-Ler »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I didn't know Pelosi was running for President?  This national poll is sure to dampen her aspirations.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-and-mcconnell-headed-toward-clash-over-coronavirus-spending

That's a fair question and probably should be asked along with who do Americans trust more to put America first Pelosi or McConnel? And no Pelosi isn't running for President but she is for damn sure doing anything to get Biden elected so that she can move into VP after he resigns.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Now we get into what you mean by trust.

I trust McConnell to do the wrong thing 99% of the time.
In that he seldom fails to disappoint, I can trust him, in that sense.

I trust Trump to twist the tails of the media, make some promises he can't keep without cooperation, and get what he can get done as best he can. He's batting about .250 so far, some of those pitches are hanging still.

SO, is the issue which I trust more, or which I trust to get it right more?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 11:57:49 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Now we get into what you mean by trust.

I trust McConnell to do the wrong thing 99% of the time.
In that he seldom fails to disappoint, I can trust him, in that sense.

I trust Trump to twist the tails of the media, make some promises he can't keep without cooperation, and get what he can get done as best he can. He's batting about .250 so far, some of those pitches are hanging still.

SO, is the issue which I trust more, or which I trust to get it right more?

I can empathize but I disagree.  I like McConnell and see in him an effective record of accomplishments superior to our President's.  So shockingly I'm on the other side of you, but we can agree Pelosi sucks.