Author Topic: AOC says Americans should refuse to go back to work once economy reopens  (Read 248 times)

rangerrebew

AOC says Americans should refuse to go back to work once economy reopens
by Daniel Payne · Apr 22nd, 2020 2:03 pm 74

Last Updated Apr 22nd, 2020 at 2:49 pm

New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Wednesday argued that Americans should refuse to return to work if and when their state economies reopen, claiming that workers should "just say no" if the opportunity arises to resume their jobs.

The politician made the argument during an interview with Anand Giridharadas, host of ViceTV's "Seat at the Table":

"When we have this discussion about 'going back' or 'reopening,' I think a lot of people should just say no. We're not going back to that. We're not going back to 70 hour weeks just so we could put food on the table and not even feel any semblance of security in our lives."

https://disrn.com/news/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-says-americans-should-refuse-to-go-back-to-work-once-economy-reopens

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's so stupid it's funny.

Even the people in her district who voted for her are likely say "WTF?????" when they hear it.

Seems pretty obvious that SOMEONE has never had to worry about being hungry and homeless,doesn't it?

People who don't know who she is are likely to think it was a part of a SNL comedy skit.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 03:34:02 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

This reminds me of a story several years back about, if I recall, a Twinkie plant in Colorado where the unions wouldn’t budge so they moved the factory and the union members were celebrating how they forced the factory to shut down without thinking “hey wait a minute. We don’t have a job now”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy