Author Topic: Pandemic stretches Trump image as gutsy decision-maker to the breaking point  (Read 341 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pandemic stretches Trump image as gutsy decision-maker to the breaking point
by W. James Antle III
 | April 24, 2020 12:00 AM

President Trump awoke Thursday morning to newspapers in Georgia reporting he had thrown plans for reopening its economy into “disarray,” as his efforts to balance getting the coronavirus under control with the need to get people back to work begin to raise questions about his decisiveness.

Trump has sought to cultivate an image as a confident, strong leader. Georgia is a state he carried in 2016 and hopes to win again in November. His presidential campaign four years ago was premised on his managerial prowess. As he deals with the biggest crisis of his presidency, supporters and critics alike are wondering whether he will follow his gut, which seems inclined to get an economy halted by widespread lockdowns moving again, or the advice of medical experts who counsel continued social distancing as the only way to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

He is in danger of looking like he is waffling between the two.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pandemic-stretches-trump-image-as-gutsy-decision-maker-to-the-breaking-point
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

A week ago Trump was getting thrashed for claiming total authority.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A week ago Trump was getting thrashed for claiming total authority.

I think it's nice of the press to demonstrate why Trump thinks they're all FOS, and against anything he does.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
“I told the governor of Georgia, Brian Kemp, that I disagree — strongly — with his decision to open certain facilities,” Trump said at the daily White House coronavirus briefing. “It’s just too soon. I think it’s too soon.”

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
Apr 17

LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
Apr 17

LIBERATE MICHIGAN!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
Apr 17

LIBERATE MINNESOTA!

I don't know.  Could it be mixed messages?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There goes the "Trump as Dictator" meme. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I don't know.  Could it be mixed messages?

Good points @Chosen Daughter
Absolutely true.  OTOH...aside from the Liberate tweets, President Trump has displayed a remarkably consistent message of walking the tightrope between saving lives, and promoting the economy where possible.  I think, based on later press conferences, my President knows he screwed up with those Liberate tweets.  I already had a low opinion of him but I'm willing to forgive the tweets as an imperfect man, stressed out by responsibility, letting his anger get away from him.  I can empathize with that.  It doesn't negate all the good decisions my President made during this crisis.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Absolutely true.  OTOH...aside from the Liberate tweets, President Trump has displayed a remarkably consistent message of walking the tightrope between saving lives, and promoting the economy where possible.  I think, based on later press conferences, my President knows he screwed up with those Liberate tweets.  I already had a low opinion of him but I'm willing to forgive the tweets as an imperfect man, stressed out by responsibility, letting his anger get away from him.  I can empathize with that.  It doesn't negate all the good decisions my President made during this crisis.

Don't be silly.  Every.  Single.  Thing.  Trump.  Does.  Is.  Bad.  Even.  Stuff.  That.  Does.  Good.

:sarc:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I can't fault you for that.  Good post.   Maybe he should stop tweeting.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Don't be silly.  Every.  Single.  Thing.  Trump.  Does.  Is.  Bad.  Even.  Stuff.  That.  Does.  Good.

:sarc:

That is an uncanny impersonation of Maddow.   :beer: