Author Topic: Biden gaining support over Trump among Michigan, Pennsylvania voters who plan to switch sides: Poll  (Read 472 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden gaining support over Trump among Michigan, Pennsylvania voters who plan to switch sides: Poll
by David M. Drucker
 | April 23, 2020 11:47 AM

Joe Biden more than doubled President Trump among voters in Michigan and Pennsylvania who said they plan to switch sides this November from the candidate they supported in 2016, according to two new polls from Fox News.

In Michigan, a state Trump won by just 0.23 percentage points, 7% of voters who described themselves as backing Trump over Democrat Hillary Clinton said they planned to vote for the former vice president, who is the presumptive Democratic nominee. Only 3% of Clinton voters said they planned to support Trump's reelection bid this November.

In Pennsylvania, another critical battleground for Trump, Biden had similar support among Trump 2016 voters, with 8% saying they would back the former vice president. Just as in Michigan, a paltry 3% of Clinton voters said they would pull the lever for the president. In a state Trump won by less than 1 point, small movements such as this could prove significant to the outcome.

Both polls were conducted Saturday through Tuesday and surveyed roughly 800 registered voters each in Michigan and Pennsylvania. Both states are considered crucial to Trump's path to an Electoral College victory. The polls had an overall margin of error of 3.5 points, although the error margin for subgroups such as Trump and Clinton voters switching sides ranged higher.

Biden enjoyed significant leads among all voters in Michigan and Pennsylvania. He was up 49% to 41% in the former and ahead 50% to 42% in the latter. However, Trump faced similarly large deficits against Clinton in the campaign four years ago, only to close the gap fast down the stretch and achieve two unlikely victories.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/biden-gaining-support-over-trump-among-michigan-pennsylvania-voters-who-plan-to-switch-sides-poll
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

I was reading a similar article focused solely on Pennsylvania and declaring that much of the reason for this switch has to do with this virus and its disastrous effects upon the economy.  There are those who believe Trump has not handled this crisis well.  But then again, there are those who also blame congress, particularly Republicans in the senate and the word is Republican control of the senate may be in peril.

Well, you all know I'm one of those evil Never Trumpers, but IMHO, the politicians from both parties in DC from the president on down have made this crisis worse.  Between hurling accusations at one another and throwing gobs of money at this crisis, Washington has done a crappy job of handling the matter.  I see no leadership at all -- not from Trump, not from the Republicans, not from the Democrats. 

And that lack of leadership exists at the state level too.   I have a  Democrat governor whose plan to reopen Pennsylvania consists of a very pretty color-coded chart that provides few, if any, details, of how this reopening is actually going to go.    Some states are going to just reopen -- apparently, no timetable.  Others are shutting down more than is necessary and won't even begin to plan for reopening.  It's an uncoordinated mess that reeks of politics.  Politicians are too busy scoring points and trying to secure votes and the well being of the average citizen has been forgotten. 

So when this is all over, who am I going to vote for in November?  Honestly, I don't know.  There is no one at the federal, state or local level I would elect dogcatcher, let alone president, senator or whoever.  This country is one big mess and I don't see anyone around who will actually fix it.

Offline skeeter

Right in accordance with the rat media's script.

Offline libertybele

I was reading a similar article focused solely on Pennsylvania and declaring that much of the reason for this switch has to do with this virus and its disastrous effects upon the economy.  There are those who believe Trump has not handled this crisis well.  But then again, there are those who also blame congress, particularly Republicans in the senate and the word is Republican control of the senate may be in peril.

Well, you all know I'm one of those evil Never Trumpers, but IMHO, the politicians from both parties in DC from the president on down have made this crisis worse.  Between hurling accusations at one another and throwing gobs of money at this crisis, Washington has done a crappy job of handling the matter.  I see no leadership at all -- not from Trump, not from the Republicans, not from the Democrats. 

And that lack of leadership exists at the state level too.   I have a  Democrat governor whose plan to reopen Pennsylvania consists of a very pretty color-coded chart that provides few, if any, details, of how this reopening is actually going to go.    Some states are going to just reopen -- apparently, no timetable.  Others are shutting down more than is necessary and won't even begin to plan for reopening.  It's an uncoordinated mess that reeks of politics.  Politicians are too busy scoring points and trying to secure votes and the well being of the average citizen has been forgotten. 

So when this is all over, who am I going to vote for in November?  Honestly, I don't know.  There is no one at the federal, state or local level I would elect dogcatcher, let alone president, senator or whoever.  This country is one big mess and I don't see anyone around who will actually fix it.

My two cents.  The economy was going like gangbusters and unemployment was at the lowest levels not seen in decades; that can be attributed to our President.  What has the left done?  Refused $$ for a border wall, spent all kinds of time and money going after Trump for Russian collusion and then when Trump realized the DEM involvement with Burisma and in particular Uncle Joe's son, then the left impeached him.  Ironically, or purely coincidental, once COVID-19 (which originated in China) erupted, all of a sudden all candidates but Biden stepped down and now he's the DEM nominee.  Once again, ironically or purely coincidental, Biden's connection/involvement with China cannot be denied.

Trump seemed to be ahead of this virus and was right to shut down the borders.  What did the left do?  Refuted any success that Trump has made with this virus and they've come up with all kinds of ways to destroy this economy and our country.  Now they are proposing to "vote by mail" because of the virus.  Anyone can see the potential and likelihood for fraud and corruption.  Should they get their way and win the election, would that be purely coincidental?

I can only imagine what shape we'd be in right now, if Clinton or Biden were in charge. 

Trump is who we have standing between us and them.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

One factor which has sent shockwaves through the economy is the collapse in oil prices. Trump had negotiated with the Saudis and Russians and OPEC+ for production controls which would have kept oil at a level that would have kept the industry working at the 35-40/bbl mark. That drop from $40 oil to $20 oil happened just days before the virus took over the news cycle, and tens of thousands are out of work as a result of that alone. Add on the shut-ins, lockdowns, and closure of businesses over the virus, FEAR generated in the Media, and travel restrictions, fuel usage has gone down severely, causing disruptions  in the delivery end of the supply chain that have rippled right up to the wellhead.
There are a lot of businesses which get their work from the oil industry, or in activity related to it, and the drop is really being felt a long way from where the wells are, not just in the patch.

All I can say to how Trump has handled this, is that going in he seemed to generally be doing the right thing, based on available data and the experts' advice, some of which (thankfully) he ignored. Only LIVs who haven't been paying attention will believe the media narrative, which unfortunately is a lot of people.
He already has been told he does not have the authority to close or open states, (that is  on their governors).
POTUS needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat that the MSM can't claim for the Dems.
IMHO, he has generally done well, it is the House and Pelosi's bunch who have held everything hostage for their pet pals, and those bureaucratic incompetents who have made things worse. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Absalom

The pandemic has further exposed his inability to measure competence.
Just listen to the medical types he has appointed.
At this point he is headed for a heavy defeat this November.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The pandemic has further exposed his inability to measure competence.
Just listen to the medical types he has appointed.
At this point he is headed for a heavy defeat this November.
Competence is difficult to measure when things are clicking along tickety-boo. On the easy days, without challenge, any can appear competent.

It is only when the chips are down and the storm is at its height that such measures can be truly taken.

A lot of incompetent people have been exposed, and some will no doubt be seeking employment elsewhere when this is over.
Just as a tremendous amount of perfidy and partisanship over America has been dragged to the surface like a four day old floater in summer's heat, and with a similar aroma.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Democrats caused this chaos by shutting down the economy by executive, and now they want our votes?

Heck, with as much power as they claim they have, why vote at all?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Right in accordance with the rat media's script.

QFT